Best flat pillow for stomach sleeping?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
No idea why this is so hard to find but I am having a ridiculous time finding a plain flat polyester pillow, on the firm side. I keep searching but I don't want memory foam (I expect it to annoy me) and the polyester ones that SAY this is what they are all get tons of complaints in the reviews. I've been thinking I might sew my own pillow around batting but then I read complaints about the batting. This shouldn't be so hard to find, lots of people have neck pain that makes a flat pillow better, and yet it eludes me. Figured I'd ask here, if anyone has come across a flat pillow that would annoy most people that's probably the one for me either that or if someone has a favorite brand of batting that might work if I layer a few times for a flat pillow that works too.

Please and Thank You ;)

I don't know if this will help, but I used to fold up a bath towel into a desirable thickness and slip it inside a pillowcase.

I don't know if this will help, but I used to fold up a bath towel into a desirable thickness and slip it inside a pillowcase.
This is exactly what I do when I travel! It works better than a thick pillow but not as good as an actual pillow so I'm holding out hope, thanks for the suggestion because it does help.

Have you looked at the Coop Home Goods Eden pillow? They sell them on Amazon.

https://coophomegoods.com/products/...TltCqoCPVN-NySdckm_nr4xGVZ8SJmsUaAt-FEALw_wcB
I haven't looked at those gel ones because I'm no fan of the way memory foam mattresses feel they sort of hurt so I suspect a pillow wouldn't be a good fit but thanks for the suggestion, many people seem to like them since there are so many of these products out there.

This is exactly what I do when I travel! It works better than a thick pillow but not as good as an actual pillow so I'm holding out hope, thanks for the suggestion because it does help.

I haven't looked at those gel ones because I'm no fan of the way memory foam mattresses feel they sort of hurt so I suspect a pillow wouldn't be a good fit but thanks for the suggestion, many people seem to like them since there are so many of these products out there.
Isn’t memory foam different from gel?

Remember when looking at reviews that people are more likely to leave a review when they have had a bad experience than when they have had a great one.

Isn’t memory foam different from gel?
Not really sure, in my mind it sounds like the difference between a hard boiled egg and a soft boiled egg, the same material just a different state, but I could be completely wrong. Do you have one you really like?

I’m a stomach sleeper too and I prefer real down pillows. They seem to flatten more than synthetic for my neck.

Do you have a favorite brand or a place to get them?

I was thinking this too but when I look them up the big selling thing is how fluffy they are, which would just suffocate me LOL

Not really sure, in my mind it sounds like the difference between a hard boiled egg and a soft boiled egg, the same material just a different state, but I could be completely wrong. Do you have one you really like?
Not yet. It's in the mail. I'm also on a pillow hunting journey. I was a stomach sleeper but am now mainly a side sleeper. Grew up with homemade down pillows (my dad's side of the family are duck hunters from Michigan:). I started to use the Harbor Linens pillows they use on Disney Cruise Line about five years ago. I started having neck issues so replaced them with a new set and I'm still having neck issues so I'm trying the Coop original pillow. It has a 100 day guarantee I think so if it doesn't work, it goes back:) Hope you find something that works. Not having a good pillow is the worst!

Stomach sleeper here and I have used a buckwheat pillow for over 20 years. I have tried other pillows over the years and alway return to the buckwheat ones. They are a different feel so they take a little bit to get used to but I love the firmness and I always get the ones where you can adjust the fill volume to get the perfect pillow height. Good luck finding the perfect pillow!

Not yet. It's in the mail. I'm also on a pillow hunting journey. I was a stomach sleeper but am now mainly a side sleeper. Grew up with homemade down pillows (my dad's side of the family are duck hunters from Michigan:). I started to use the Harbor Linens pillows they use on Disney Cruise Line about five years ago. I started having neck issues so replaced them with a new set and I'm still having neck issues so I'm trying the Coop original pillow. It has a 100 day guarantee I think so if it doesn't work, it goes back:) Hope you find something that works. Not having a good pillow is the worst!
Journey is right, it's such a small thing and everyone uses one but there is nothing reliable anymore. So lucky to have had pillows like that when you were a kid, I have no idea what I had but I'll guess they were probably down, although I think it was lumpy. Please report back if you love what you got, I may still be looking :)

Stomach sleeper here and I have used a buckwheat pillow for over 20 years. I have tried other pillows over the years and alway return to the buckwheat ones. They are a different feel so they take a little bit to get used to but I love the firmness and I always get the ones where you can adjust the fill volume to get the perfect pillow height. Good luck finding the perfect pillow!

Buckwheat, that's interesting, never heard of anything like it but I'll take a look and thank you for mentioning it as an option. I like the idea that I can adjust the fill amount :)

Buckwheat, that's interesting, never heard of anything like it but I'll take a look and thank you for mentioning it as an option. I like the idea that I can adjust the fill amount :)
[/QUOTE]

A few brands for check out are ComfyComfy and Hullo. Both made in USA and both have zippers to adjust the fill volume.

I sleep on all sides. When I'm on my stomach, I put a u-shaped neck pillow onder my neck, and wedge a neck roll under my forehead just enough to keep from having my face get smothered in the bed (I sleep face down). I had a buckwheat pillow as a teen in the 80s, and forgot how awesome they are. Definitely worth checking out!

My Coop pillow arrived yesterday. First night was good. I removed some of the stuffing this morning. For stomach sleepers it said to remove one-third of the stuffing then adjust accordingly. I'm hoping this one solves my issues.

Stomach sufferer here too :crutches: What about Brentwood pillows? They are adjustable from the start and after 2 years of using I suppose that it's impossible fo find better for a reasonable price

So far nothing looked right and I'm still on my old pillows. All I want is a pillow with a thin layer of polyester in the middle, the one I have was literally the cheapest thing in a PX a while back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!