Best free/inexpensive activities for 3 kids under 7 in October?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am heading to Grand Floridian in October with my sister and our 3 total kids ages 3, 5, 6.

What are some good activities to keep them occupied aside from the pools and Tri Circle D Ranch (my sister loves horses)?

We are going end of Sept/early Oct and will do MNSSHP one night but I don’t plan on park time other than that. I have a feeling they will be obsessed with the pool but need to break up those pool days with something interesting!

Visit Animal Kingdom Lodge to view the animals from the various viewing spots (free!) and check out the Community Hall for fun activities (some free, others $).

There’s entertainment on the Boardwalk some nights. Jugglers, maybe a magician. There’s a green space and kids love to run around on it, watch a movie.

Definitely look at the resort activities for your resort. Grand Floridian has fun glow parties at night, movies under the stars, etc. (there’s a thread here and you can see what the activities currently look like).

You can also watch fireworks from GF. I like the view from Gasparilla’s, if my room doesn’t have the view.

There’s sandy areas at GF, Poly (my fav beach - good fireworks viewing here too), Beach Club (sometimes there’s wedding events here).

There’s dole whip at Poly if you like that treat.

Lots of resorts have scavenger hunts. The artwork one at Riviera is a lot of fun.

My kids love live music and dancing so we always head to Disney Springs at night. Usually at least 4 different live musical performances going on at a time. The last few trips the guy playing the electric violin by the coke store has been amazing!

Hi! I am heading to Grand Floridian in October with my sister and our 3 total kids ages 3, 5, 6.

What are some good activities to keep them occupied aside from the pools and Tri Circle D Ranch (my sister loves horses)?

We are going end of Sept/early Oct and will do MNSSHP one night but I don’t plan on park time other than that. I have a feeling they will be obsessed with the pool but need to break up those pool days with something interesting!
I reccomend going over to Animal kingdom lodge (use disney transportation if you don't have your own car) to see the animals.

Don't forget to use all the Disney transportation, even if you aren't headed for a park. My husband is there now, with only one park day, but he has used Disney transportation to visit Disney Springs, then bussed to AKL, then bussed to Boardwalk and enjoyed the boardwalk. Then he rode the boat over to HS then the skyliner from there over to Pop Century and AOA. He also will go to the TTC and ride the monorail resort loop and Epcot loop,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter