Best Gift Purchasing Tip

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
What is your best tip for puchasing something to "take home" to a large group of people, say co-workers etc. I am always looking for something inexpensive but something that let's them know you were thinking of them. My last trip I purchased the nice large bars of soap from China, only $1.50. I wrapped them in tissue and then used stickers from WDW to seal them shut. Ask for stickers everywhere, especially Downtown Disney. Each shop has a different sticker. There are ones from the Flower and Garden show that is going on right now, too.

Anyone else have great tips on small gift items?

One more thing, the round Mickey coasters that are under the glasses in the hotel rooms, snatch them up before they get messed up. You can punch a hole in the top, tie a nice red string, and write on the back To: From: , makes a really nice gift tag.

My sister bought her co-workers the Mickey chocolate bars that sell for $1.75 each. I think the bags of Mickey pretzels are cute. I think small bags are $.75 and large bags are $2.50. There is a shop at MGM that sells small Mickey candles for $1.50. There are always cute key chains and magnets that sell for around $2.50.

I would suggest shopping for gifts at one of the outlet malls such as Beltz.

I bought back chocolate covered Mickey pretzels at $5.00 per bag. Pens are a good idea too.

I did pens one time for co-workers and bookmarks another.
I worked in a school....gave the secretary a Goofy pen :) She loved it!

Disnee Dad Says..................................Ask for extra soap!! Mickey soap is to die for, and is even more special because you can't go out and buy it. We tipped our cleaning professional a couple of bucks, and asked if she could leave extra soap. Got Four Bars!! Saved all of our own bars, and left with a cache of gifts!! Total Cost.... Zero!!!

I know some people (a lot of them being kids) love to get those big lollipops. They are not that expensive and there are many to choose form. But you do have to be careful not to break them when traveling.
Another interesting gift idea is to find out if your friends have some sort of collection. For example if someone collects shot glasses, bring them one back.

i don't remember what they cost, but I got different post it note pads for the people in my group at work. Each one has a different character, so it was fun to match them up with the characters in my group :)

I'll also second the outlets! You can get all sorts of things really cheaply! I know when I was there they had keychains & mini stampers & other fun stuff. We bought Tshirts there too, as they were much less expensive than at the parks! I personally could not tell why they were at the outlet stores & not at the parks, as some things looked identical.

We both work at a daycare so the kids kind of wait for us to get back to get their "treats". WE have asked for stickers from CM's and took those back, and we have also bought lollipops. I purchased some in WDW for $5.00--for 5 (I neede 2 packs), and then we went to Wal-Mart that night and my sis found 15 lollipops for 97 cents, boy was I mad...but we laughed about it, and next time I go I am checking Wal-mart first!
Leslie

All Stars Food Counters they,sell Mickey Straws for .50 each they are cute and come in colors!

My friend a preschool teacher bought a postcard of the characters for each child in her 2 classes.

I go too often to bring back gifts for everyone. But some of the things we have done in the past

I brought Mickey ears for the people in my dept (only 6 people)

Bought the multipacks of pens/pencils and gave everyone their favorite character

At Xmas last year I found character hat ornaments for some of the folks at work (Little pooh caps, mickey ears, goofy ears) They were on sale for $1.99 plus I had 15% off.

Also found a lot of ornaments half price (Plus AMEX discount) that I bought for my tree and my family.

For our friend who feeds the cat, we brought him a Harley Mickey tshirt. (He said it was the only mickey tshirt he would actually wear ;))

I grew up going to WDW at least once a year, and one of my most vivid memories is of rushing to the big disney store at Market Place (before it was the big World of Disney that is there now) and stocking up on the curly pencils that were shaped like mickey mouse. They have more characters now, and they also have pens and what not. However, I still like the mickey pencils. I think those are one of the best gifts to bring home.

Also would get those little cubes of candy with different disney designs printed on them.

I found very inexpensive Christmas ornaments at the Premier Outlet and got one for all of my special friends @work. Also did the small bags of pretzels and bought larger bags and dipped them in chocolate myself @Christmas and shared with friends.

The gift shop at Rock,n Roller Coaster had some really cool bent pencils and pens, musical shapes,along with the characters and I don't think they were very much.

Ask for gift boxes for your gifts. They are really nice and make your gift presentation great! Keep them folded flat for travel.

I usually get the Disney Taffy, or a few of the small plastic characters for people's desks. :)

Annemarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter