Best handicap spots for Illuminations

Bete

DIS Veteran
I believe there's one area just as you enter WS reserved for handicap. Where is it exactly, please.

Are there more areas? Give details. TIA

There are handicapped viewing spots near the 2 shops when you enter World Showcase, in front of Canada and in front of Italy.
They tend to fill up quickly and may limit the number of people accompanying the person with a disability if it's busy (like to that person plus one other).
We have used them in the past, but prefer to just find our own spots. The ground level part of the show takes place in the water (sort of on a straight line between the WS entrance and Amerrican Pavilion). As long as the spot you choose has a clear view of that area, you will have a good view.
PS - watch the wind direction too. It's not pleasant to have the smoke blowing toward you during the entire show.

We have used the one by Italy (I think), but found out the one Sue mentioned by the two shops as you first enter WS is by far the best. Wow--I had no idea how good Illuminations really is until we saw it there, even though we had seen it a number of times. Get there fairly early.

Enjoy!

Howdy!
We just got back on Sunday (8/28) and sat in the Handicapped section by those two shops near the entry of World Showcase. Like a previous poster mentioned, PLEASE watch the wind direction when choosing your spot! We had a TON of fall-out from the fireworks and literally had a shirt ruined from the burn marks! My 9 yr. old DD got a piece of debris in her eye. We were coated with ashes. It really ruined the show, not to mention concerned for everyone's safety! I didn't even think it was that windy of an evening. Also, unless the rest of your party is willing to sit on the ground by the wheelchair, you won't be able to sit together. If I had to do it again, I think I'd just find a good spot around the Lagoon that wasn't designated specially for handicapped seating.

Have a magical time!

- Cindy VK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter