"Best" hotel at Disneyland

robind

DIS Veteran
If you could stay at any of the three disney hotels in Anaheim which would you choose? I'm getting ready to call for reservations and don't know which one to request.

May not be an issue if there isn't any availability.

I would say if you have the money the Grand Californian. Did you see the room Kim got at the Disneyland Hotel yesterday? She has pictures on her FB page. It is a closet.

I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel (yet), but between the Paradise Pier and the Grand Californian, I'd choose the Grand.

Next time I go, I hope to stay at the DLH.

Not a Disney hotel, but if I ever make it to DL, I want to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Someone posted about it once and it just looks so pretty and peaceful. Maybe a thought if the Disney hotels are booked up?

http://www.candycaneinn.net/

If you're looking to save money, I second the Candy Cane Inn...great place!

We rarely stay on property in Disneyland because it is so expensive- (which is part of why we love our trips to WDW because we can stay on property!). The only one I have stayed in was the DLH and it was fun. If you are going to use the pool during your trip it is definitely one of the cutest pools within walking distance of the parks. Make sure you at least visit the lobby of the GCH- it is so beautiful!

Thanks for the info, I am kind of going "cheap", I wanted to use DVC points and when I called I found out I had 21 reservation points that I had forgotten about. Good think I called or I would have lost them.

I know it's not the best use of my points but I think I'm going to be selling my DVC soon so I might as well use some of these points while I still can.

I went ahead and splurged on the Grand Californian. I am so excited.

Disneyland Hotel. I have stayed there twice and had wonderful decent sized rooms. I love the grounds. I didn't care for Paradise Pier when we stayed there.

I'll put a vote in for Park Vue Inn if you are looking for a cheaper rate. I've stayed twice and you cannot beat the location. Not fancy but my rooms were big and clean and they have a light breakfast for free, cannot remember if they had hot food but it was enough to jump start the day.

You are literally across the street from the main entrance of Disneyland. Walk out your door to the sidewalk and the stoplight is right in front of the hotel, across the street and down the long sidewalk to the entrance.

Great place. Depending on when you book I have had rates from $95 to $120 and night. Definitely the place I stay when I go to Disneyland.

Have fun,
Nan

Boy it is early, just reread and realized you were using points and have booked. I'll leave the info since it really is a great hotel.

Have a great time.

We have stayed at PP with $ and the Grand Californian on DVC points.

Obviously the GC was a lot more nicer, but I would stay at any of the 3 without blinking.

Thanks for the additional info, might need it for next time.

I was surprised to find I had reservation points in my account - I had changed the date for a cruise I took in Feb and the points were lower so the they went into reservation points, so I "only" had to use 60 of this years points.

You will love the Grand Californian! It's a beautiful hotel and you can't beat the private entrance into California Adventure and walking right out the door to Downtown Disney. :)

I can't wait to find out how we like the DG! APR cant come fast enough! :thumbsup2

You will love the GCH! We have stayed at the GCH and DLH (onsite) and a variety off-site. Our favorite by far is the GCH.

We can't say enough wonderful things about The Candy Cane Inn.

"Quaint" is the word that comes to mind, and on that level the place delivers in spades. Gorgeous flowers abound all over the property. A nice pool and hot tub, and best of all a remarkably friendly and helpful staff that will do all but bend over backwards for you.

Manager Jeff is as accommodating as can be, and the attentiveness to your every need during your stay rivals any 5 star hotel we've stayed at.

A quick 10 min walk to the parks seals the deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter