BEST Hotel - Park Combinations

MikoZuna

Earning My Ears
Hio there, Seeing how we just bought AP's and we live in Tampa, a relatively short distance to Disney. We have been trying to piece together a game plan for the year. And we are wondering what You all thought was the BEST hotel/park combinations
this meaning if you only had a couple days what hotels would you stay in if you were only going to a certain park, and vice versa. this also includes best travel plans, erarly entries, disney transports, ect...

The Magic Kingdom:
Polynesian would be my choice because the Contemporary is a bit too crowded and noisey and the Grand Floridian (I've stayed there before twice) is a little too elegant.

Epcot:
The Yacht & Beach Club since it has direct access to Epcot and Walt Disney Studios Florida. The restaurants are very nice and good. The Boardwalk Inn & Villas seems a bit too noisey and too much going on. The Beach Club will be opening Vacation Club Villas in Spring 2002.

Walt Disney Studios Florida:
Yacht & Beach Club again because of the easy access. Pop Century (another All-Star type resort) will open in March 2002 and will be close to Walt Disney Studios Florida.

Animal Kingdom:
Hands down its Animal Kingdom Lodge. The only other place close enough is Coronado Springs (more business then family) and the trashy All-Star resorts.

If you want to stay close to the Magic Kingdom, my personal choice would be the Contemporary. The theming may not be for everyone, but as far as convenience is concerned, it is RIGHT THERE. Poly is also a good choice though if the monorail is not crowded.

Other than that, I have to agree with mickeymoose, Beach Club is a best bet for both Epcot and MGM, and Animal Lodge is best for the AK.

Have a fun trip! :)

I like the All Stars - both Movies and Music. They were clean and comfortable and a five minute bus ride from Animal Kingdom. I didn't think they were "trashy" at all - more on a par with Motel 6 than "Ed's beds".

Coronado springs also is clean and comfortable but my oh my what a llllloooooooonnnng walk to anywhere. I didn't think the room was noticably bigger than the All Stars, either.

I just hate the All-Star resorts. I guess the "trashy" comment came from my mom who just hates the All-Star resorts.

My 2 cents worth...

Magic Kingdom: Hands down the Polynesian (no offense to the Contemporary or Grand Floridian.... the Polynesian just seems more relaxing to me)
AK: The Lodge
EPCOT & the Studios: The Yacht and Beach Club Quick access to both parks and much tamer than Boardwalk (but close enough to Boardwalks fine restaurants!)

Also, although not near a theme park, Dixie Landings is nice.

If you just want a clean bed, near the parks, the All-stars are fine at the end of a long day ( and can save you lots of $$$ if you are going to be there frequently!)

Also, consider taking a couple of days and visiting the hotels... they all have their own unique restaurants, shops and themeing! One persons idea of a loud is another persons exciting.... one persons dump is another persons rustic....

Disnee Dad says........................................ word to Mickey Mouse 15. Please do not make comments like "on par with motel 6", because it is obvious you have never stayed at a motel 6. I have unfortunately and in order to be on par with motel 6, there are a few things Disney needs to do to the all stars. First do no maintainence on the building for the next 10-15 years so stucco flakes and walls crack. Get rid of the ground crews so weeds appear and trash accumalates against chain link fences. Install the chain link fences for trash to accumalate. Fill the pool and turn it into a parking lot so you can park5 feet from your front door. Get rid of most exterior lighting so it is dark and dreary.No offense, I just want to make sure some newbie doesn't read about"on par with Motel 6" and decides to stay off site to save $10.00. Personally, we prefer the moderates as a good compromise on price and quality, especially DIXIE LANDINGS. We stayed at All Star Movies in 1999 for four days and it was nice. If anyone out there is going after February 2002, get a reservation at Pop Century, it is economical, on par with the All Stars, but it will brand new!! We will stay at All Star Movies for 6 days on our November trip so we can afford to do the last four days at AKL, our first stay at a deluxe resort and it's almost brand new!!

I would stay at the All Stars. Clean rooms, excellent bus service, and all the bonuses of being on site for a great price. We stayed at Sports in August. For $49.00 per night we had a clean room, good food, great maid service, excellent bus service, access to e-ride night, surprise mornings, package delivery, the list goes on and on. We were only in the room to sleep, shower and change clothes, no need to pay big bucks for that.
Just my opionion.

MickeyMoose15 called the All Stars "trashy." LindaBabe compared the All Stars with Motel 6.

I think Motel 6 would have been more accommandating with better service,
than the All Stars, where on check-in we found sopping wet shampooed carpets that stayed wet for 3 days till they started stinking before housekeeping dryed them,asked 3 times[10day stay] to be moved the answer was always NO,Rude Management CM'sfor even simple questions,leering men on the bathroom walls[in the Jazz building], and No Compensations for the Inconvinince even of not being able to put any luggage on the floor for 4 days.

Sorry,but All Stars is Off my list of possible WDW Hotels....

I will stay at HIFS,better theming,Verrrry Polite Staff,Better housekeeping,change sheets DAILY,Clean towels daily,bigger bathroom,bigger Room,larger safe w/ programable lock,nintendo 64 provided,cd player provided,3 tv's,A master suite with a DOOR,decent size refigerator,micowave,better in room lighting[less GLARING],bunkbeds w/ a trundle bed or cribs,highchairs ,Fold out Queen sofa, Free breakfast,Only 1 unbusy mile from WDW gate on Epcot road entrance. 2 pools. Cheaper Washers and Dryers.Cheaper meals,close to a cheap restaurants and Close to Discounted Disney shopping!! Even the kids want to return here to
sing Family Kareoke,play Family bingo,and enjoy their own semi private room[kid suite].

I've Stayed in nice Motel 6's, much nicer than All Stars.

Jumping to defense of the AllStars --

I stayed at the ASMu by myself last year. The room was clean, albeit a little small but perfect for one or two people. The food court was adequate, and the price was excellent! And there was free transportation to the parks all day long.

If I needed to economize, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Donna

Originally posted by tink2dw
I think Motel 6 would have been more accommandating with better service,
than the All Stars, where on check-in we found sopping wet shampooed carpets that stayed wet for 3 days till they started stinking before housekeeping dryed them,asked 3 times[10day stay] to be moved the answer was always NO,Rude Management CM'sfor even simple questions,leering men on the bathroom walls[in the Jazz building], and No Compensations for the Inconvinince even of not being able to put any luggage on the floor for 4 days.

Sorry,but All Stars is Off my list of possible WDW Hotels....

I will stay at HIFS,better theming,Verrrry Polite Staff,Better housekeeping,change sheets DAILY,Clean towels daily,bigger bathroom,bigger Room,larger safe w/ programable lock,nintendo 64 provided,cd player provided,3 tv's,A master suite with a DOOR,decent size refigerator,micowave,better in room lighting[less GLARING],bunkbeds w/ a trundle bed or cribs,highchairs ,Fold out Queen sofa, Free breakfast,Only 1 unbusy mile from WDW gate on Epcot road entrance. 2 pools. Cheaper Washers and Dryers.Cheaper meals,close to a cheap restaurants and Close to Discounted Disney shopping!! Even the kids want to return here to
sing Family Kareoke,play Family bingo,and enjoy their own semi private room[kid suite].

I've Stayed in nice Motel 6's, much nicer than All Stars.

and you room hnad all that for 49$ a night??

I would NEVER say that the All Star's are trashy, nor would I compare them to a Motel 6! Far from it. We've stayed at ASMu 3x and ASMo 1x and loved them. Even my friend's who are DVC members (stayed almost everywhere onsite as well) were impressed with the service and rooms (albeit a little small, but you're rarely there!) They (and we) loved the food court so much, they (we) go back there to eat on other trips when we not staying there. The bus service when we've visited was awesome! As far as daily cleaning of linens, I don't know that many people who do that at home! You always get clean towels. I would never stay off-site (have once).

This year, we're going to stay at POFQ. I love the look of the resort and my DD loves the pool. Also, my DH's company is paying for part of it ;)

Have been to all the All Stars at one time or another, been to all the moderate except Coronado, been to Y & B club, Old Key West, and Marriot Courtyard, and a Days Inn I would rather forget. For value, you can not beat the All Stars. Yes, Disney CMs are not 100% all the time-and neither are we as guests. For tink2dw, guess it must have been training week at that site. And the gentlemen who desribed the Motel 6--you must live by one, because that was an accurate description. Especially the fencing. I do like the moderates, and delux better. But with just one adult, and one child, the atmosphere just can't be beat. Especially the price! Just the FREE bus service alone is the biggest benie I can think of.

Just adding my 1.5 cents worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter