Best hotel room in property? Found it

Dennis DVC

Mouseketeer
So we have stayed in almost every room DVC has to offer besides the castle suite.But this trip was the first time staying in the bora bora Bungalow villas at the Polynesian and I have to say by far that is the nicest hotel room on Disney property. (NOTE: We haven’t stayed in the new villas at copper creek so will have to wait until december for that review) I’ve been in the 3 bedroom
at GF, BLT, BW and really every vacation club room and view available and i’d say it’s not even close. Between the music piped in off the deck and watching fireworks from your little plunge pool to the doorbell playing anything from creepy Halloween music to here comes the bride it was truly magical! I never thought it was worth The points because it was only a two bedroom but boy was I wrong. I wanted to write this review for anybody that has ever been on the fence like we were on whether or not it was worth the points I can now say unequivocally it was :-)

Last edited:
So we have stayed in almost every room DVC has to offer besides the castle suite.But this trip was the first time staying in the bora bora villas at the Polynesian and I have to say by far that is the nicest hotel room on Disney property. (NOTE: We haven’t stayed in the new villas at copper creek so will have to wait until december for that review) I’ve been in the 3 bedroom
at GF, BLT, BW and really every vacation club room and view available and i’d say it’s not even close. Between the music piped in off the deck and watching fireworks from your little plunge pool to the doorbell playing anything from creepy Halloween music to here comes the bride it was truly magical! I never thought it was worth The points because it was only a two bedroom but boy was I wrong. I wanted to write this review for anybody that has ever been on the fence like we were on whether or not it was worth the points I can now say unequivocally it was :-)
You should probably make it clear you are talking about the bungalows, not one of the studios.
Denise

Glad you enjoyed your stay there so much. Some people reported lots of noise there from boat horns. Was that a factor for you?

cons i took from it and i’m being picky...

boat horns were loud and most loud at the 20th bungalow than the 1st as it’s closer to the transport center. They run really early and late so your kinda cornered

in the guest bedroom there’s like an air handler or a boiler next to the closet to the right that makes noise All night. we had the kids sleep in the living room which i liked the wall pull out better (not the couch) than the guest room.

creepy at night knowing there could be wild animals in the water and no one really around in the next room

OK then, for people bothered by unwanted noise, this may not be the best place to stay, after all. Other than that, I know it's gorgeous, as I got to tour one with a DVC friend.

OK then, for people bothered by unwanted noise, this may not be the best place to stay, after all. Other than that, I know it's gorgeous, as I got to tour one with a DVC friend.

every hotel on the seven seas lagoon will hear that boat so you would have to scratch GF, BLT,WL, and Poly as a whole of that’s going to deter you. It’s tuff being from the country and hearing noises but i don’t think there’s really a way around it in disney

I suppose the bungalows would be nice as long as you don't have more than four guests. Otherwise, the rest are going to be sleeping on sleeper sofas or murphy beds.

The Bungalows were awesome. King bed for adults, Queen bed for kids, pull-down beds for 1 in the bedroom and family room. The pull-down beds were a highlight, not a "have to". It's the coolest thing to have your own bed that pulls down and has unique artwork. Kids love spaces like that. There was absolutely no issue fitting 6 in a Bungalow and we could have easily fit one or two more utilizing the sleeper and not felt tight. Noise was a non-issue. I didn't find the horns were really a thing at all not something that is annoying or that you can live with. We have lots of pictures but they don't capture the awesomeness that is being out there on the water with unobstructed view of everything.

Consider when weighing the pros and cons the extra points are not buying extra capacity like at a 2B or 3B... I wouldn't see it as something you take 3 families to split the costs, it's really laid out for the family unit. Adult room, teen room, kids in the small beds. The extra points here get you the intangibles that make these the best rooms on property. There are so many details. The infotainment screen in the bathroom mirror was super cool. Little things. Really don't want to spoil it because listing out the amenities doesn't sell it. It's the whole ultra-fun feeling of being there. We will be back!

If there was any downside at all? I guess that these do not qualify as Club-Level.

Next week we're looking forward to trying out the Treehouse Villas! Similar, but more remote from everything...

if you know how to post more pics i’d love to do it. thanks
You have to resize them first...the easiest way for me to do it is email it to myself and resize that way.. save them to the computer then click on upload a file in the reply box. Thanks Trishadono. :) The key is to resize the pics before uploading, doesn't matter how you do it, you may know a faster easier way.

You have to resize them first...the easiest way for me to do it is email it to myself and resize that way.. save them to the computer then click on upload a file in the reply box. Thanks Trishadono. :) The key is to resize the pics before uploading, doesn't matter how you do it, you may know a faster easier way.
Google "Image Resizer for Windows". It'll take you to a simple utility that you install. After that, you can right-click any picture (or group of pictures) and resize them with one click. Using Outlook to resize them strips the metadata... date taken, camera settings, etc. This won't.

every hotel on the seven seas lagoon will hear that boat so you would have to scratch GF, BLT,WL, and Poly as a whole of that’s going to deter you. It’s tuff being from the country and hearing noises but i don’t think there’s really a way around it in disney
Due to being right there in the lagoon rather than next to it, isn't the boat horn noise louder at the bungalows than at most rooms in the other hotels you mention? Or is it the same loudness?

Due to being right there in the lagoon rather than next to it, isn't the boat horn noise louder at the bungalows than at most rooms in the other hotels you mention? Or is it the same loudness?
It is much louder at the bungalows and Poly.

It is much louder in the Bungalows since they are right on the water with no obstructions to block / deflect the noise.

The 7 Bungalow units closest to the TTC have the most boat horn noise. Parts of the DVC Moorea building on the north side close to the TTC also have more complaints about loud boat horns.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter