Best hotel room in property? Found it

That tiny pool is just a plunge pool, not heated, no jets. Might be cool in December. The one at the Copper Creek Cabins is a heated, jetted pool.

Hmm, good to know, thanks. Are the bungalow pools chlorinated? And are the CCV Cabin pools or hot tubs? Not that there is technically that big of a difference. My kids will be totally bummed to see a pool (even a tiny one) that will be too cold to swim in...

Hmm, good to know, thanks. Are the bungalow pools chlorinated? And are the CCV Cabin pools or hot tubs? Not that there is technically that big of a difference. My kids will be totally bummed to see a pool (even a tiny one) that will be too cold to swim in...
I'm not sure they are anything. They might even dump them between guests and refill them for the next guest.

The bungalows have saline pools.

We LOVED the bungalow! We were closer to the Poly boat dock side and away from TTC. Loved the boat horns. I felt like I was sleeping at Magic Kingdom. And to have a front row seat for the electrical water pageant and fireworks every night was magical. I only wish it was Wishes not HEA, but still an amazing experience :)

None of the noises people have complained about bothered us at all. We did have a Dohm white noise machine running for my kids at night just like at home which perhaps drowned noise out for us. We bring that wherever we stay.

The Poly bungalow experience and atmosphere was really special and we are happy we did it once. We do need more sleeping space for our typical trip group size though.

My favorites of all DVC places we’ve stayed are the grand villas at VGF and Aulani and the Poly bungalow. The sleeping accommodations were tight for us in the bungalow and we did miss the space we usually have for our group in the grand villas. But you could not beat the view. It just felt special. It felt so private even though we were right there at the Poly. Really neat.

Not really, no. I don't remember noise in general being a thing. And this was a time when people on the Dis were complaining about maintenance working on the compressors by each Bungalow. I remember the birds! It was like out of the Hitchcock movie. They would swoop down at you while you walked along THEIR path near THEIR palm trees. :)
Not really, no. I don't remember noise in general being a thing. And this was a time when people on the Dis were complaining about maintenance working on the compressors by each Bungalow. I remember the birds! It was like out of the Hitchcock movie. They would swoop down at you while you walked along THEIR path near THEIR palm trees. :)

that’s too funny, we didn’t have any birds hanging around so they must have found a way out and we did see maintance on the bungalow a few spots down so maybe our room was up next :teeth:

I'll answer my own question, in case others are wondering... the plunge pools are absolutely heated. They are not 'hot tubs' by any means, but during christmas week (last week) they were a good 10 degrees warmer than the poly pools. Quite warm. And from what I could tell, they are chlorinated using a salt water generator (based on previously owning a SWG pool that is my assumption for the plunge pools).

I posted this a few weeks back in another bungalow thread...

We just returned from a 6 night stay in Bungalow 7007. Was amazing and a once in a lifetime stay for us. We are renters, not owners, and we were able to rent it for 11 dollars a point, which helped a lot.

Its a shame that guys negative Tripadvisor review is the first thing to pop up anytime anyone searches on the bungalows. If you think you are getting Ritz or Four Seasons level VIP treatment for the cost, then yeah I guess you may be disappointed. But to me this is a rental for true Disney fans (Which obviously applies to DVC owners) who wake every morning in awe of staring out over the Seven Seas Lagoon and the amazing view of the Castle, GF, and Contemporary. I never stopped being amazed over 6 nights there.

As for noise issues, yes I heard every single thing that is mentioned in peoples complaints, but we were never bothered by any of them. We are a family of 4 with a light sleeping 2 year old and he never woke up. The Electrical Water Parade is VERY VERY loud, but I feel like the rooms are well sound proofed to reduce the noise. After that the loudest thing it is the Happily Ever After grand finale which shakes the room a little, but again never woke our little ones.

We didn't receive towel service on the 5th day(do we have to request this?), but with just 4 of us it wasn't really an issue. Trash service was always prompt around noon. Everything operated as expected during our stay.

My only regret is we will probably never stay at anything of this level on property again!

We have a lot of pics of the room but they look the same as the virtual walkthrough on David’s.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/polynesian-village.asp

I'll answer my own question, in case others are wondering... the plunge pools are absolutely heated. They are not 'hot tubs' by any means, but during christmas week (last week) they were a good 10 degrees warmer than the poly pools. Quite warm. And from what I could tell, they are chlorinated using a salt water generator (based on previously owning a SWG pool that is my assumption for the plunge pools).
Polynesian plunge pools are not heated at all and do not have jets. They are just square water holders. The CCV cabin has real hot tubs that heat up and have jets.
I posted this a few weeks back in another bungalow thread...

We just returned from a 6 night stay in Bungalow 7007. Was amazing and a once in a lifetime stay for us. We are renters, not owners, and we were able to rent it for 11 dollars a point, which helped a lot....

As for noise issues, yes I heard every single thing that is mentioned in peoples complaints, but we were never bothered by any of them. We are a family of 4 with a light sleeping 2 year old and he never woke up. The Electrical Water Parade is VERY VERY loud, but I feel like the rooms are well sound proofed to reduce the noise. After that the loudest thing it is the Happily Ever After grand finale which shakes the room a little, but again never woke our little ones.

We didn't receive towel service on the 5th day(do we have to request this?), but with just 4 of us it wasn't really an issue. Trash service was always prompt around noon. Everything operated as expected during our stay.

My only regret is we will probably never stay at anything of this level on property again!

We have a lot of pics of the room but they look the same as the virtual walkthrough on David’s.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/polynesian-village.asp
If you stay on a DVC reservation, you get services every four days. So day 1 is check in day and day 4 is the day your get your towels replaced unless you are staying eight night or more. Then you get a full cleaning on day 4 and then towels replaced on day 8.

^^

Yeah we got nothing except trash service for 7 days 6 nights. We were looking for the towel service but it never came. We are just two adults and two kids so there were plenty of towels between the two bathrooms and we are pretty neat generally. Good to know though for next stay. 6 night VGF 2 bedroom in September on points. Thanks.

In relation to the bungalow plunge pools at Poly are they chlorinated at all? My daughter has ear tubes so we wouldn’t let her use the pool because we weren’t sure. And it was cold most of our stay anyway.

Polynesian plunge pools are not heated at all and do not have jets. They are just square water holders. The CCV cabin has real hot tubs that heat up and have jets.

I was in one last week. Yes, they are heated. Like i said, they are quite warm. It was <60 degrees some mornings and we were very warm in the plunge pool. They don’t have “jets” but they have two water returns in the side toward the bungalow at the bottom. With the red light in between.

Where are you getting your information? Have you stayed in one?

I’m basing my information on direct experience. We stayed in 7005.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJN
In relation to the bungalow plunge pools at Poly are they chlorinated at all? My daughter has ear tubes so we wouldn’t let her use the pool because we weren’t sure. And it was cold most of our stay anyway.

As far as I can tell, they are chlorinated via a salt water generator cell. (I base my guess on previously owning a pool that had a SWG). But they are chlorinated based on the post-swim smell of my arms (very scientific, I know).

Last edited:
Reactions: CJN
^^

Yeah we got nothing except trash service for 7 days 6 nights. We were looking for the towel service but it never came. We are just two adults and two kids so there were plenty of towels between the two bathrooms and we are pretty neat generally. Good to know though for next stay. 6 night VGF 2 bedroom in September on points. Thanks.

Just call Housekeeping on the phone next time you don't get your fourth day service.

As far as I can tell, they are chlorinated via a salt water generator cell. (I base my guess on previously owning a pool that had a SWG). But they are chlorinated based on the post-swim smell of my arms (very scientific, I know).

I did see some Disney service personnel working inside a door on the front left of our unit, 7007. It contained what look like pool pump equipment to me.

Just call Housekeeping on the phone next time you don't get your fourth day service.

4th day is the day after the 3rd night there?

I did see some Disney service personnel working inside a door on the front left of our unit, 7007. It contained what look like pool pump equipment to me.

4th day is the day after the 3rd night there?
Day 1 is check in day. Day 4 is the day after your third night, correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter