Best Kidani location if...

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
...if we like the kid's swim area, want to be close to a bus stop, and plan to walk to Jambo every now and then. What location would you recommend? (or maximize the first two, and shuttle to Jambo)

Resort Sections from left to right in the resort map below:
Pumbaa (Red)
Rafiki (Green)
Timon (Yellow)
Zazu (Blue)

b_800_600_0_10_images_stories_akv_maps_kidani_map_2017.png

Ask for the Rafiki elevator location. Head down to level one, pool, splash area are right there. Not too far from lobby. I find the walk to Jambo easy regardless of where my room is. You can shuttle if it's there waiting, but I'd walk otherwise. You can also grab any bus (except Disney Springs) that might be waiting. They stop at Jambo before exiting. I always ask prior to boarding just to make sure though.

See the map above of Kidani. The front of the building faces west. There are two wings, north (left side of map), and south. You can see the pool area on the north wing and the bus station along the south wing. The Jambo building and front entrance (not shown) is off to the right (south) of the map.

You will also see six red AED signs in the building, three on each wing. That is where the elevators and stairways are. The two elevators on either side of the lobby area are not named. On the north wing, the Rafiki elevator is located at the red AED sign that is between the second and third building pods from the lobby; the elevator furthest from the lobby on the north wing is Pumba. On the south wing, the Timon elevator is the one at the red AED sign between the second and third building pods from the lobb; the elevator on the south wing furthest from the lobby is Zazu.

The walk inside the building from the very end of the south wing to the very end of the north wing is 2/3 mile. Each of those building pods plus the walkway in between them average from 75 to 80 yards in length. The walk from the front/lobby area of Kidani to Jambo is about 1/2 mile. The walk from the Zazu elevator to Jambo is about 1/4 mile. The walk from the end of the north wing to the Jambo front entrance is about 5/6 mile.

Thus, to have the shortest walk to Jambo requires you to be near the Zazu elevator, but that leaves you with a long walk to the bus station and huge walk to the pool. The shortest walk from the building to an entry gate to the pool is to go down the Rafiki elevator on the north wing to ground level, but that leaves you with a rather long walk to the bus station and and a very long walk to Jambo. In other words, it is difficult to be close to any two of the three areas you mention.The best compromise would be to ask for a room near Community Hall in the first building pod from the lobby on the south wing. You will see a walkway leading to the building between the first and second pod on that south wing. That is a walkway from a doorway on the second floor that goes directly to the bus station. Thus, being in that area would put you very close to the bus stop; not hugely far from the pool, and near the lobby and front entrance where you can catch the shuttle to Jambo.

Last edited:

The best compromise would be to ask for a room near Community Hall in the first building pod from the lobby on the south wing. You will see a walkway leading to the building between the first and second pod on that south wing. That is a walkway from a doorway on the second floor that goes directly to the bus station. Thus, being in that area would put you very close to the bus stop; not hugely far from the pool, and near the lobby and front entrance where you can catch the shuttle to Jambo.

Drusba, as always, great advice, and erionm, thanks for the map, and to the rest of you, I like all of the ideas. Drusba, I like your Community hall idea, but I'm concerned from reading posts that there are so many people who request a room by the lobby, that I may get stuck somewhere else. But, I like the concept, and am leaning towards requesting the Timon elevator -- not too much further, yet not right on the lobby (for the record, we'll be in two 2BRs, savanna view).

If we use the Timon elevator, is there a way to walk to outside to Samawati Springs, or do we have to walk to the lobby, and then to Samawati? If we walk outside, can we see it for the entire walk?- I think that may make the walk go more quickly for a 4YO granddaughter!

We're inside the 11month window, and starting to do some serious planning, thanks, for your help.

If we use the Timon elevator, is there a way to walk to outside to Samawati Springs, or do we have to walk to the lobby, and then to Samawati? If we walk outside, can we see it for the entire walk?- I think that may make the walk go more quickly for a 4YO granddaughter!

Was wondering the same thing. Thanks in advance.

Is the Rafiki elevator the most convenient to the pool? Unfortunately, I can't see the map.

If I request between Community Hall and Timon Elevator (savanna view), is that too small of an area - would I risk being assigned somewhere else because the area would be too small and popular)?

If I request between Community Hall and Timon Elevator (savanna view), is that too small of an area - would I risk being assigned somewhere else because the area would be too small and popular)?

A "between" request like that would mean a room somewhere within the first two building pods on the south wing. Somewhat limiting but probably the equivalent of a near community hall request. I would likely do a near the Timon elevator request instead because that leaves leeway to put you south of the Timon elevator in the third buiding pod if there is nothing in the first two building pods left, resulting from near community hall and near the lobby requests. Note that with any location request, you always risk the possibility of ending up far from the requested area if it is not available. The default position for room assignment if a location request cannot be met is for them to put you in any available room, which could easily be one near the end of one of the wings, i.e., when a area request cannot be met, there is no specific attempt made to find for you something that might be somewhat near your requested area.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter