Best length of trip for babies/ young toddlers

How many nights would you choose?

• Total voters

justme0729

DIS Veteran
We live 1 hour away from WDW and want to plan a trip for next year with a 6-12 month old and a 2 year old. I'm wondering what length of time you have felt to be the best for a trip with young kids. I'm leaning towards 2 separate trips that are 3-4 nights each because if they don't end up sleeping well (my 18 month old now didn't sleep well on our last trip), we won't have to endure a whole week of limited sleep and I feel that by the end of a longer stay, she gets a little tired of the parks anyways. I'm curious what your ideal length of stay would be, especially if you live close?

I don't live close by, and by far one of our best trips was 4 park days (arrived monday PM, parks Tues-Friday, departed Sat AM), we had a 20 month old at the time and she was ready to go home when we left.

I've done 7-8 day trips since then, and they're just too long for my younger one (she doesn't sleep well away from home). If I lived closer, I'd definitely do shorter trips rather than a big long one.

We live an hour away too and have found that 2-3 nights was the sweet spot at those ages. We tried a 5 night trip at 16-months and that was too long. Now that’s DD is 3, we’re going to try a week trip with the grandparents to their beach condo. If she gets squirrelly, at least there will be more hands to help.

We are 2.5 hours away and have always found 3 nights to be great. My son is 5.5 now but at that age, 3 nights was great. Maybe 4. I wouldn't go longer yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter