Best Magic Kindgom Deluxe Resort

What's Your Favorite Magic Kingdom Deluxe Resort?

• Contemporary

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Wilderness Lodge

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters
All good choices, but I voted for the Poly. We've stayed CL at the Poly and at the RPC at the GF. We really enjoyed the GF and thought it was gorgeous, but found ourselves missing the Poly. The transportation at the Poly is really hard to beat- it's so easy to get to the MK by boat or monorail, and to walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. We took the monorail from the GF to the TTC one morning, and the "transfer" was really time consuming and frustrating after being used to the Poly. We also found the Poly to be more relaxing, and think the lava pool with its awesome slide, pool bar, and view of the castle is the best. I liked the dining better at the GF, but it's a short walk from the Poly.

We've been contemplating the WL for a late fall trip since the decorations are so pretty, but I don't think I can give up the ease of the Poly transportation. I will say, though, that I've had a hard time getting a discount for the Poly recently so that's another factor to consider. Have fun wherever you stay!

Ive stayed at all of them.

Polynesian and Grand Floridian are the best. The Polynesian would be my first choice as a first timer because it feels magical and special. Like staying in Adventureland. tiki torches at night, beach, Hawaiian music, straight on view of cinderella castle, its sooo relaxing and special The Grand Floridian for return trips because its beautiful , bright, rooms are nicest, grounds, everything is really nice and top of the line, luxurious.
wilderness lodge is in 3rd place, beautiful grounds and very special but it has the smallest rooms, darker, and missing the monorail but has a beautiful boat ride.
contemporary I wouldn't stay at again, the theming is non existent, the rooms are nice. Hotel doesn't make you feel special.

I would correct your final sentence to suggest it didn't make you feel special. It makes us feel special every time we are there. To us, it is quintessential Disney. It is OG Disney Lol. And the staff their always makes us feel like we are special.

The transportation at the Poly is really hard to beat- it's so easy to get to the MK by boat or monorail, and to walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. We took the monorail from the GF to the TTC one morning, and the "transfer" was really time consuming and frustrating after being used to the Poly.

Exactly!!!

Maybe we've only been at busier times, but I really hate making that transfer, and hate the T&TC in general (especially parking there). If you happen to hit it at a busy time, you can end up in a lengthy line at your resort for the monorail to the T&TC, and then another long line to get on the monorail to Epcot. This is motivation for our upcoming split stay at WL & BC...avoiding the T&TC, lol.

GF for the resort and monorail to MK (ONLY), CR for best transportation options, WL for theme and price, POLY only for the monorail.

Without question Animal Kingdom Jamba House Savana View. Sitting on the balcony watching the animals is like no other place

Hi Everyone!

We're planning our fourth trip to Disney in 5 years and we've always stayed at Moderates or off property. We like the benefit of the monorail resorts but love the feel of Wilderness Lodge. I'm looking to see what people with experience would recommend as well as Pros/Cons.

Thanks so much!

Thank you everyone! It looks like the Poly has been most popular so far! I'll continue to check back and again, thank you! I appreciate all your knowledge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!