Best mall?

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
Dh and I are visiting in September and are planning on visiting one of the malls. I know there are a few to choose from in the Orlando area, what are your thoughts on which is the best one?

Really hard to say - lots of variables...where you are coming from (i.e. what stores would be different than what you already have at home?)...what kind of shopping budget you have (designer, high-end, "regular", deals)...are you primarily looking for one or two types of stores or a good mix (women's clothing, men's clothing, kids, housewares, souvenirs, sports/fitness)

Mall of Millennia, is the nicest of the 2 indoor style malls. Plus there are quite a few restaurant options, along with some other stores in like a strip mall easy walking out to them.
While the Florida Mall is closer to Disney, there has been alot of problems with safety. Not just at night but during the day as well. A couple of my girl friends went shopping there, and when they left Penny's to go get in their car, she said she noticed some men just standing around under the tree's, she said that the hair on the back of her neck stood up, and she told her friend oh I have to go to the bathroom, so they quickly walked back inside. She said the manager called for security, then the police and that the found 8 cars broken into, and my friends unfortunately was one of them. They got her gym bag which was in the floor on the back seat. If they would have walk to the car they more than likely would have walk up to them breaking into her car.

If you are looking for a outlet mall Orlando International Premium Outlet at the end of I drive would be my choice, a lot more stores, fair food court, plus they have Panera's, as well as a sit down restaurant "Vinito Ristorante" which we have had lunch at a few times and dinner once over all pretty good. There is a bass pro shop across the street.

Mall at Millenia is my favorite. Florida Mall is bigger and has more variety, but it’s usually way busier and I agree with the above poster that safety can be a problem there. Many years ago my aunt witnessed a stabbing there.

Really hard to say - lots of variables...where you are coming from (i.e. what stores would be different than what you already have at home?)...what kind of shopping budget you have (designer, high-end, "regular", deals)...are you primarily looking for one or two types of stores or a good mix (women's clothing, men's clothing, kids, housewares, souvenirs, sports/fitness)
We're coming from the UK so there will probably be a good mix of stores that we won't have in my home town whichever mall we go to. We'd like a good mix of things ideally.

Thanks for the tips about Florida mall, we'll avoid that one!

Thanks for the tips about Florida mall, we'll avoid that one!
A few weeks ago we were there, wife set her pocket book down and turned and looked away briefly, an envelop with $1000 cash was gone, lucky our passports didn't walk off, or the whole pocket book. It was her fault, I warned her about that mall, I was in another store at the time. She felt bad but learned a lesson, she's not a US citizen but spends a lot of time in Orlando, a couple weeks a month, she just thought it was me exaggerating of how things are in Orlando. After that she thought many of the people in that mall looked menacing, her words. She also thought she was in an other country.

A few weeks ago we were there, wife set her pocket book down and turned and looked away briefly, an envelop with $1000 cash was gone, lucky our passports didn't walk off, or the whole pocket book. It was her fault, I warned her about that mall, I was in another store at the time. She felt bad but learned a lesson, she's not a US citizen but spends a lot of time in Orlando, a couple weeks a month, she just thought it was me exaggerating of how things are in Orlando. After that she thought many of the people in that mall looked menacing, her words. She also thought she was in an other country.
Oh goodness that's awful! I don't tend to carry more than $100 on my but I'd be pretty upset if even that went missing! We'll steer well clear of there.

If you are driving a car to any mall, make sure everything is out of sight in the car. Putting it on the floor in the passenger compartment is not enough. Don’t take shopping bags out to the car and then go back in for more shopping. If you have to take shopping out to the car, put it out of sight and then move the car to the other side of the mall so anyone watching will think you’re leaving.

I haven’t felt unsafe at any local mall as far as personal safety, but break ins are going to be a problem anywhere tourists congregate. Don’t provide any temptation.

I would agree that Millenia Mall is better than Florida Mall.

Mall of Millennia, is the nicest of the 2 indoor style malls. Plus there are quite a few restaurant options, along with some other stores in like a strip mall easy walking out to them.
While the Florida Mall is closer to Disney, there has been alot of problems with safety. Not just at night but during the day as well. A couple of my girl friends went shopping there, and when they left Penny's to go get in their car, she said she noticed some men just standing around under the tree's, she said that the hair on the back of her neck stood up, and she told her friend oh I have to go to the bathroom, so they quickly walked back inside. She said the manager called for security, then the police and that the found 8 cars broken into, and my friends unfortunately was one of them. They got her gym bag which was in the floor on the back seat. If they would have walk to the car they more than likely would have walk up to them breaking into her car.

If you are looking for a outlet mall Orlando International Premium Outlet at the end of I drive would be my choice, a lot more stores, fair food court, plus they have Panera's, as well as a sit down restaurant "Vinito Ristorante" which we have had lunch at a few times and dinner once over all pretty good. There is a bass pro shop across the street.

You're saying Florida mall is dangerous but suggesting the International drive premium outlets which is probably in a more dangerous location being next to Oak Ridge.I go to both but I'm always careful and try to go during the day.I've gone several times at night to the International Drive outlets,one time the car next to me had the owner standing next to the car waiting for security as his car had just been broken into and two other times I see glass all over the floor from possible break ins.The Vineland location outlet is in a much better location,go to that one.As far as Millenia its a nice mall but its very close to the International Drive premium outlets,its not in a good area,you wouldnt think so as the immediate area looks safe and full of shopping and restaurants but its not in a safe area.It is very safe however as that mall has the strictest security you will find,they know they have to be due to the area and the mall being upscale.

If you are looking for a traditional mall with a lot of stores go with Florida mall,it is big.A nicer,upscale mall go with Millenia.As far as the outlets go with Vineland as its a better location,but avoid peak times as its hard to find parking an d they're charging $10 to park in the garage making it hard to find surface parking when busy.

You're saying Florida mall is dangerous but suggesting the International drive premium outlets which is probably in a more dangerous location being next to Oak Ridge.I go to both but I'm always careful and try to go during the day.I've gone several times at night to the International Drive outlets,one time the car next to me had the owner standing next to the car waiting for security as his car had just been broken into and two other times I see glass all over the floor from possible break ins.The Vineland location outlet is in a much better location,go to that one.As far as Millenia its a nice mall but its very close to the International Drive premium outlets,its not in a good area,you wouldnt think so as the immediate area looks safe and full of shopping and restaurants but its not in a safe area.It is very safe however as that mall has the strictest security you will find,they know they have to be due to the area and the mall being upscale.

The Florida mall, is always in the news about gang problems, and stabbings, theft, and car getting broken into. The Outlets on I-drive do at least have some security walking and driving around, as well as police patrolling at times I was there 2 to 3 weeks ago and they had the K-9 dog out walking around as well as a few deputies. the mall of Millenia also has quite a bit of security, that patrol's the area. The outlet mall on Vineland is really not as big as the one at the end of I-drive, and I think that they have better deals, and a Disney Outlet store.

The Florida mall, is always in the news about gang problems, and stabbings, theft, and car getting broken into. The Outlets on I-drive do at least have some security walking and driving around, as well as police patrolling at times I was there 2 to 3 weeks ago and they had the K-9 dog out walking around as well as a few deputies. the mall of Millenia also has quite a bit of security, that patrol's the area. The outlet mall on Vineland is really not as big as the one at the end of I-drive, and I think that they have better deals, and a Disney Outlet store.
i agree with you that Florida mall is not very safe,my point was that the International Drive premium outlet is car break in central,you see security but its not in a good location.The Vineland location is a much better location,the difference in the number of stores is not much,maybe 10-15 and they both have Disney outlets but the International Drive location is very small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter