Best moderate...most fun for a 4 year old???

SnoWhiteRabbit

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide between Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings), and Coronado Springs....which one do you think will be the most fun for a 4 year old? I'm looking for a fun kiddie pool and playground, and whatever else might be fun for my DD. I'd love to hear from anyone who's been to these moderates...Thanks!!

My DD LOVED PO-FQ!!!!

SHe hugged the alligators whenever she pasted them.
THe pool was really neat! And the food court is so colorful and festive!!!

THe resort is small too so it wasn't long to get to and from the room.

Buses were ok too.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been reading about the FQ and I'm leaning towards it as my top choice. Just can't find anything about a kiddie/wading pool. Is there one? Is it cute?

I'd love to know...Thanks!!

I also vote for POFQ. You'll enjoy always being close to the food court and bus stop.

We don't have kids, so I'm not sure if there's a kiddie pool or what it's like. The pool is a lot of fun, and there is a very cute playground. There are also courtyards outside of all the buildings, so she'll be able to run around and burn off steam even when you don't want to hassle with swimming.

Is CBR out of the equation. We had a great time with our 4 yr. old GD. great big pool, great kiddie pool, great island to explore, boat rides. surrey rides(bikes)great birds and fish to feed, boats to rent, great food court. Oh by the way CBR is my favorite. LOL

You know I can't remember if there was a kiddie pool at Po-FQ. We played with our daughter in the big pool and she spent most of her time at the playground. The water slide is pretty tame (for a dragon :jester: ) Sorry I can't be more help there.

My 3 year old LOVES POFQ. There is a kiddie/wadding pool but we spend most of our time in the big pool where the decorations are.

We just got back from our stay at POR and our last day before the plane back, we took the boat shuttle to POFQ to try the dragon slide the kids had seen in pics. Aside: I liked the POR slide better, just bigger, but the dragon is perfect for younger kids like yours. Bring the arm floaties for your daughter and I think she would have a blast with the dragon slide - great themed pool.

I also remember walking by a kiddie pool because it had a cute little alligator I think blowing a saxophone fountain into the pool. - very cute! But I also believe it was the typical round shallow kiddie pool. Don't remember seeing a playground at FQ but I know Riverside has one. Previous poster said there was one at FQ though.

Riverside has a great pool and slide but I would probably rate FQ slightly over Riverside for pre-schoolers pool-wise because of the theming and simpler slide. BUT I gotta say my kids, 8,5 and 4 loved POR, especially the tons of ducks birds, bunnies and squirrels constantly on the paths. They even loved the pool and the slide there but my DS4 is fairly bold in the water for his age with his arm floaties. The boat rides and food court are great too. One key thing to consider is if you stay at either PO resort, you get to share pools so you can take your pick of 2.

Hope this helps, probably doesn't, hard decisions but so fun to chat about, isn't it? :)
Tammy

Here's a vote for PO-FQ.

Yes, there is a kiddie pool, and yes, the dragon slide is suitable for a 4 year old.

Moreover, it's a great resort. Very compact--after walking in the parks all day, you'll appreciate it's small size.

ranger fan, did you happen to notice if the main pool at por is still blocked off at the bridge that goes accross the pool? i also heard that the playground at old man island is closed for refurbishing. we are thinking about por for our trip in aug.
which area were you in? thanks!

I would have to say CSR....The squirting fish wading pool is great and the sandboxes and dig site playground are right by the pool. DH and I could lounge by the sandbox while our DD's played, but we were still able to enjoy the palm trees and pool gazing. We spent a lot of time pool side thanks to the food stand (I forgot the name. We would have our refillable mugs with us and have lunch out there) , hairbraiding, volleyball court, but mostly we enjoyed the play area with climbing equipment, slide and swings.
Various rentals are available at the marina as well.

Yeah, was disappointed to see the trellis fence still up at the bridge and really, no sign of repairs so not sure what the deal is there. :( The playground was open though, didn't see any sign of construction and the kids enjoyed it. I had heard it was closed the week prior to our arrival though.

We were in Alligator Bayou, building 14, second floor, corner room facing the food court, #1448. Was perfect, so close to everything!

You will absolutely love this place! I'm jealous :D

Tammy

I have to agree with Denise and say CSR but since there are no codes, that may eliminate CSR from your choices.

Check out pictures on my site below

I would choose PO-FQ for you and your 4 year old. We did CBR when my DD was 2, PO-FQ when she was 3, 4, and 5, and PO-R at 6 and 7. The FQ pool area and playground are very convenient to everything and walking can be an issue with a 4 year old. The theming is great for kids.

The wading pool is nice. They have life vests for kids to use in the big pool. The slide at PO-FQ is easier to manage for smaller kids as compared to the PO-R slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter