Best Night of the Week For MNSSHP???

Andsco

Earning My Ears
Well that was early! Now that the dates and tickets are available for MNSSHP I am looking for advise on the best day of the week to get our party tickets for. My family is going Wednesday, Sept 18th - Wednesday, Sept. 25th. Our options are Friday the 20th, Sunday the 22nd and Tuesday the 24th. I've read that Friday is the busiest night of the week to go, but is it really that noticeably more busy? Are we going at a time where is wont be crazy yet for the parties?

Let's use this Post to discuss best nights to go and strategies! This is my family's first time going to the Halloween party and we are VERY EXCITED! Your help is must appreciated!

I'd go either Sunday or Tuesday. It WILL be busy and don't expect just because you chose a Tuesday over a Friday, you won't have a sellout or everything will be a walk on. The most important thing you can do is have a general plan (not to the minute), be willing to adjust on the fly and know in advance which characters you want to meet and when they start meeting.
Seeing that it's your first time, you will want to do a little bit of everything. Watch the 2019 MNSSHP thread in the months ahead and especially after the first party night to see how everything is organized. Oh, and have a wonderful time!

I think generally, there is a better chance of a sell out on a Friday, but crowds can be very weather dependent, so it's all really a crapshoot.

I've only gone once (last year) on a Tuesday in September and it was way more crowded than I expected. It felt like the same crowd level as regular park hours/non events. I waited 90 minutes to meet elvis stitch and we had started waiting 30 minutes before he began meeting. I also waited in line for Pooh for about 30 minutes before giving up because I hadn't moved a step. The line wrapped around past Cheshire Cat Cafe (and they hadn't gone on break so I'm not sure why I didn't move an inch). We still had a great time, regardless, and felt it was well worth it. I just wouldn't count on low crowds.

MNSSHP has been getting more and more crowded every year.
Basically we have decided it is best NOT to do any character meets unless you get in early and the line is short. They eat up all of your time and you can see "most" of these characters anytime. Ride times are usually shorter. People tend to use up their time with the Characters because they are in their Halloween costumes, so we do rides, parade, fireworks etc and just enjoy the atmosphere.
I always go in September and there's not usually sell outs in September - those dates are more towards October dates and the first party in August. But you never know, because as I said the party is getting busier and busier every year.

I just booked for 11/1! Tickets went on sale really early this year. The only day I could book was Friday it will be crowded but always a fun time! Hop everyone else has a blast

Following last years thread, there is no best day to go... The crowded vs not as crowded parties seemed random except for first party and Halloween which will most likely be sell outs.
Plus could be a storm that will impact the event that night.

Has anyone been to the Labor Day party before? That’s the only party night during our trip, so I’m kind of stuck, but I’m hoping that it’s been a good night to go in the past...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter