Best Non-Signature Restaurant in Magic Kingdom?

I'll revive this thread since the last posts have been a while ago :)

Ok - I’ll be the ‘Debbie Downer’ - tried Skippers and really had to scramble to find something I liked - I think I got some sort of Mac ‘N Cheese - I didn’t like it...I don’t eat seafood so that may be why the menu did not appeal to me.

Ok - I’ll be the ‘Debbie Downer’ - tried Skippers and really had to scramble to find something I liked - I think I got some sort of Mac ‘N Cheese - I didn’t like it...I don’t eat seafood so that may be why the menu did not appeal to me.

Next time try the vegetable curry or thai noodles

DH and I really like Tony's and we go there pretty much every trip. I know it gets a lot of haters, but I like the décor, and while it is not the greatest Italian food ever, it's always been tasty. I get the shrimp scampi and DH gets a short rib dish, though, and I've heard most people who don't like it get the red-sauce dishes, so maybe it depends on what you order.

We've been to Skippers a couple of times and I have to say I'm a bit surprised by all the love here. It was kind of "meh" for us--reminded me a lot of P.F. Changs. Then again, my parents love P.F. Chang's, so maybe DH and I are just oddballs.

We've been to Skippers a couple of times and I have to say I'm a bit surprised by all the love here. It was kind of "meh" for us--reminded me a lot of P.F. Changs. Then again, my parents love P.F. Chang's, so maybe DH and I are just oddballs.

LOL - We, too, love PF Chang's in our area - haven't had a bad meal/experience there yet! :) It is always packed, and we don't lack places to dine. Haven't tried Skippers yet - actually doesn't really appeal to us.

Our whole family loves Skipper Canteen too, for the theming first and foremost, but almost as much for the food. We split an order or two of the Shu Mai dumplings, the girls like the shrimp and steak kids' meals, and have regularly enjoyed the "Tastes Like Chicken" and Char Siu pork. And I finally tried the whole fish a couple weeks ago and loved it!

3244A8E8-931E-4EDD-962C-B7EC5716B2AE.jpeg

Skipper is the only Sit down restaurant inside MK we will go to. It rarely has a long wait and the food is very well done. Nice creative menu, great decor.

The plaza is really great. It’s a tradition now with my family to go here once a trip.

We generally do 2 meals at Plaza each trip. If you are using a DVC or TiW discount, it's basically the same price as eating a QS and the food is much better. Plus the lighter fare options are very good, the strawberry chicken salad, grilled chicken sandwich, Plaza club...My family has been going to the Plaza for over 20 years. We have never had a trip that did not include it at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter