Best option for a party of 8??

courtie4321

Earning My Ears
Hello! For an upcoming BIG birthday about a year and a half from now, my extended family is planning a trip to Disney world. There will be 6 adults and 2 young children, and ideally we would like to all stay together in some sort of suite or attached rooms. We will need four bedrooms, or at least 3 bedrooms and another room big enough for 2 pack n plays. Any ideas? The biggest rooms I have located are Grand Villas with three bedrooms, but I’m hoping I’m missing something.

There are also the $uites, which are not listed on the website, but exist. However, it really depends how deep your pockets are.

You might be better off off-site if you want 4 bedrooms in the same unit.

Your best bet is offsite, connecting rooms aren't guaranteed at Disney.

I am not sure of how many it holds but have you checked out the Treehouse Villa's? I have to plan vacations for 8 as well but I just get 2 rooms (AKL this time) and tell everyone "learn to love each other for the next 2 weeks".

There are no standard units with 4 bedrooms. As pps have said, there are suites, and maybe Disney has some way of combining suites with additional rooms to create even larger suites--but that would be VIP/super celebrity level stuff and/or the means to afford that kind of treatment. You'd have to call Disney to find out about that. :)

The Grand Villas would definitely have 3 bedrooms, and I guess you could put the packnplays in the living area. And as the poster above me pointed out, the treehouse villas have 3 bedrooms, so you could do the same--but two of the bedrooms have queen size beds, and third bedroom has bunkbeds, so if your 6 adults are all couples that would want to sleep with their other half, that might not work for you.

The Grand Villa at VGF has a media room with pullout couch that can function as a 4th bedroom.

The Jambo GV has a pool table room (but I donnt think it has a door to the great room) and the Kidani GV has an upstairs living room, but it’s open to the downstairs living room)

Off site will give you tons of options for 4 bedroom houses or condos, but then transportation is inconvenient (at least to me). You would have to drive and rent an 8 person van possibly, which means that you'd have to all go to and from parks together (or split up and use Uber for some folks). Staying on site gives the most convenience for transportation.

Are you married to the notion of all being in the same unit? A grand villa may be challenging to book, as there aren't a lot of them.

Is there no way you'd just have each separate family book their own room, at the same resort?

GV would require a DVC rental, which has challenges ranging from cancellation policy to finding an owner with sufficient points.

Tree House Villas would be my recommendation. I've never stayed there but they look so cool for something different & I think they sleep 9. Feel free to correct on that number if I'm wrong.

Grand Villas are ALOT of points, which translated means $$$ to the renter, but they certainly must be AWESOME! ENJOY your birthday celebration!:cake:

Tree House Villas would be my recommendation. I've never stayed there but they look so cool for something different & I think they sleep 9. Feel free to correct on that number if I'm wrong.
Tree House Villas do look FUN, again a lot of points, but very nice!:goodvibes

Sounds like y'all need to look off-site. There aren't 4 bedroom villas. Personally, I'd assume that with that party you could make it work with 3 (or even 2) and a pull out, but you do you. The Grand Villas are the largest. The other option would be to do two two bedrooms and see if you can request them close to each other.

As others have said, offsite is probably your best option if you really want to all be together. Check out Windsor Hills, it's a beautiful resort, great location and they have 3-6 bedroom options for very reasonable prices.

If you really want to stay onsite, perhaps you could do 2 family suites at either All Star Music or AoA....but note that connecting rooms are not guaranteed.

You might look at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which is on Disney property but technically “off site,” in that you won’t get early entry privileges, Magical Express, etc. They have 3 BR units where I have stayed with 9 (me, DD, my 6 adult nieces, and one great niece). It’s close and was cheaper than renting two rooms at a value resort. Had 3 bedrooms, two full baths, kitchen and living room, etc. There may also be a larger unit available; I can’t remember. And because it’s on Disney property it is close to everything.

Hello! For an upcoming BIG birthday about a year and a half from now, my extended family is planning a trip to Disney world. There will be 6 adults and 2 young children, and ideally we would like to all stay together in some sort of suite or attached rooms. We will need four bedrooms, or at least 3 bedrooms and another room big enough for 2 pack n plays. Any ideas? The biggest rooms I have located are Grand Villas with three bedrooms, but I’m hoping I’m missing something.

Not sure about the grand villas but the closets in the one bedroom are huge. Perfect space for a pack and play.

It doesn’t have three bedrooms, but my family and I stay in an Executive Suite at the Swan.

You get two regular resort rooms adjoined with a parlor room in the middle. The parlor room contains a full bathroom, a living room and a dining room. The sofa on the living has a surprisingly comfortable pull-out bed.

I think the new copper creek villas and cabins are supposed to accommodate large groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!