Best option for Christmas Day meal? (DLP)

Tigger in a kilt

DIS Veteran
We are going for Christmas. I understand that in France, the big meal is on Christmas Eve. We will eat a big lunch and bring snacks for the evening that day, as I’m not paying those prices.

On Christmas Day, I’m thinking about Inventions. Is that our best option? Walt’s is the other idea. We have a fairly picky 10 year old with us, or we would do the Sparkling Experience.

Thank you!

I had to google the Sparkling Experience, but based on the pictures and reviews, I wouldn't do this with a child, let alone a picky child. The food looks delicious and fancy, but it also takes hours, it started at 5:30 for the drinks at Cafe Fantasia and ended at 9:00 with watching the fireworks from the restaurant (September 2017).

With a buffet you determine the pace of your dinner and get characters as well. So I would say go for Inventions and go to Walts or a fancy restaurant when your child grows up and will enjoy it as well.

I had to google the Sparkling Experience, but based on the pictures and reviews, I wouldn't do this with a child, let alone a picky child. The food looks delicious and fancy, but it also takes hours, it started at 5:30 for the drinks at Cafe Fantasia and ended at 9:00 with watching the fireworks from the restaurant (September 2017).

With a buffet you determine the pace of your dinner and get characters as well. So I would say go for Inventions and go to Walts or a fancy restaurant when your child grows up and will enjoy it as well.

Thanks, Karin! The 10 year old is our niece, and she definitely would not enjoy the Sparkling Experience, unfortunately.

I’m just trying to find something that we will all enjoy. She loves steak so we may have to look at one of the steakhouses. Is Walt’s reasonably’s friendiy for older kids? She knows how to behave, she’s just not a particularly adventurous eater. I have looked at the menu and I think she might be ok, but I’m not sure what the atmosphere is like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!