Best Orlando hotels

Julia Anderson

Earning My Ears
What are some of the best hotels in terms of distance to Disney world. I don't want to stay on site, but I don't want to be far from Disney. I am also looking for a hotel with a pool. Thanks

Best, as in most luxurious? The Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria are so close to WDW that you can’t get to them without entering WDW first.

If you don’t mean luxurious, then there are literally dozens.

As noted, "best" is quite subjective. If you can provide some details about what you want, we'll be able to provide more recommendations. For example: number of people traveling; adults only or with children; dates of travel; are you planning on eating (a lot) at the hotel; will you be going to Disney theme parks on this trip; will you have a car or are you relying on shuttle service. Stuff like that.

Thanks guys I didn't realize that almost all of the hotels would have a pool. I think I'll check out the Disney springs hotels.

Thanks guys I didn't realize that almost all of the hotels would have a pool. I think I'll check out the Disney springs hotels.

Even the roach motels have pools.

Most people ask which hotels has the best water slides, lazy river, children's water play area, etc. Some hotels just have... a pool. LOL. When people want more than a pool.

Search for the Clarion Lake Buena Vista Hotel. Pretty close to all the Disney parks and in an area full of shopping and restaurant choices to save a bit of bucks. I've stayed there three times in the last year and have reservations for two nights in September. Excellent quality and the pool you want! Check it out.

It seems that you're saying you want the closest offsite hotels. If this is the only factor (other than a pool, which they all should have), you could try any of the Disney Springs hotels. http://disneyspringshotels.com/
These, the Bonnet Creek properties, the Four Seasons, and whatever’s been built at Flamingo Crossing... they’re all properties that Disney doesn’t own, yet played a role in their development.

The Swan and Dolphin also, but those are so inter-twined with Disney that I consider them on-site even though they aren’t Disney-owned.

So these are all *close*. As close as you can get. And they all have pools.

Oh don't go to the Four Seasons.All you get is a lazy river and an adult pool and kids play pool, and another pool. All of them huge. And a nice Spanish steakhouse on the roof, great service, really nice spa with excellent service. Character breakfasts!!!! And everything looks luscious and beautiful. But do not go there. Oh and yes you can see fire works from the steakhouse. And there is also a wonderful Italian Dining. Oh and yes the pool area is bigger than the one at the yacht and beach club (unofficial guide Disney world)

ps. Why do we get all those advantages that Disney gets at the four seasons?????? very confusing. But its nice to get them. But really unneeded

These, the Bonnet Creek properties, the Four Seasons, and whatever’s been built at Flamingo Crossing... they’re all properties that Disney doesn’t own, yet played a role in their development.

The Swan and Dolphin also, but those are so inter-twined with Disney that I consider them on-site even though they aren’t Disney-owned.

So these are all *close*. As close as you can get. And they all have pools.
tell me more about the thing getting built at flamingo crossing

tell me more about the thing getting built at flamingo crossing
I think TownePlace Suites and SpringHill Suites are the only ones open so far. There are plans for several more. At least four more properties, split between Hilton and Marriott.

(Paraphrased from Orlando-Rising.com)

I just checked in at the Marriot Towne suites Flamingo Crossing so if you want to see or ask anything let me know!

What I can say is that the hotel is very nice, rooms are spacious and the pool is great! Going to the TTC this afternoon to upgrade tickets so will report back on access, but it was really close on the drive here!!!

I just checked in at the Marriot Towne suites Flamingo Crossing so if you want to see or ask anything let me know!

Did you enjoy your stay here? I have a Marriott certificate I'm thinking about using at this property and would love to know more about it.:)

I'm going to write up a report / review in the next few days. I took a video of the room and some of the facility and will post to my youtube channel too. All in all it was a good hotel, especially at the price we got it for too! Not without some foibles of course, but these are all subjective.

The Marriott and SPG are merging and the online system is down today Saturday 8/18/18
Wow lots of 8's - time to play lotto

I did not play lotto yet - maybe Monday I will buy a ticket with the 8's :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter