best park for 4-6 yr old?

ll_california

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We're going to take the Disney Wonder cruise in Decemeber with 4 & 6 yr old DDs. We'll have 1 (maybe 2 at most) extra day after the cruise and we're thinking of visiting WDW.

Which park/parks is best for 4 & 6 yrs old if we only have 1-2 day?

We're from California, never been to WDW, but have been to Disneyland 5-6 times. Is Magic Kingdom in WDW same as the one in Disneyland, CA?

Thanks,

Ling

It's not the same, but very similar. I think they would enjoy the MK the most and I think MGM would be a close second because of all the shows geared towards young kids -- Beauty and the Beast, Bear in the Big Blue House, Little Mermaid. If they enjoy animals, then they might like Animal Kingdom.

It depends on your kids.

My kids were younger than yours last time we went - but my son was 3 1/2. We didn't like MGM at all - our second favorite park was AK (the favorite was, of course, MK). We weren't impressed with MGMs shows (particularly Little Mermaid) - they didn't have rides for little ones - and the shows are so scheduled and mixed up that you spend your time criss crossing the park and waiting for the next show to start.

We, however, were really impressed with the safari at AK, loved watching the tigers, thought that the Lion King show was specatular. And enjoyed riding the Dumbo like dinosaur ride.

(We didn't spend much time in Epcot, I wish we'd have been able to spend more time there. The kids didn't enjoy much in the World Showcase - but did enjoy the stuff we saw at Future World).

I have to agree with Crisi, our DD (4) loved MK best but didn't really care for MGM. Other than a few shows, she didn't care for anything else. Not worth a whole day in my opinion. AK was her second favorite, but none came close to MK.

Another vote for MK -- for just Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown fair alone!!!

Carene

We are also from CA and we just got back from our first trip to WDW with my 6 yo DD. We've taken my DD to DLR twice (her first trip was at age 3), so we knew what to expect from the MK. Since she's tall enough to do all of the rides (48"), we found out that she's a total adrenaline junkie and loved MK and MGM. So on our last day, we told her we would go back to the park of her choice and re-ride her favorites. She picked the MGM and we did the RNRRC (twice) and ToT.

Even though the parks are similar, I think your kids would still love to go to MK. There's enough difference in the two parks that I think it is worthwhile taking the time to visit.

Whatever you do, enjoy your trip! DU

Our children really enjoyed MK, MGM, and then AK. My children were practically crying in EPCOT! MK just has so much for them to do, but my children really loved the shows at MGM. The animals were not a big draw for my children at AK. They were vaguely interested. They did enjoy some of the ride and The Lion King show. If you have only one extra day, definately do MK

My 3, 4, and 5 year old nephews were in Orlando earlier this year and their favorite park was Islands of Adventure. As far as the Disney parks are concerned they probably liked Magic Kingdom the best followed by MGM.

IMHO MK never loses its magic. We've been to both, and they are very similar, but if I'm still not sick of it-no kid will be! We are going on the Wonder in March. Can choose 1 WDW park (since Disney does not sell 3 day park hoppers, we are choosing to do Universal for a few days this time.) We gave our DDs (8,3) the choice of any Disney park. They chose MK hands-down, even though we are spending 4 days at Disneyland in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter