Best parks at the weekend?

JessicaRabbit13

Mouseketeer
Just planning our trip for next April and was wondering whether Disney or Universal would be better over the weekend? We are planning to stay one night at a universal hotel to get he express passes.

Thanks

Both parks will be more crowded over the weekend. We just returned from Uni. Thursday and Friday crowds weren't bad. Saturday was insane. We flew home Sunday.

My experience at Disney has been that early Saturday mornings (rope drop) aren't too bad. Lots of families travel on Saturday, so those leaving Saturday morning are not at the parks.

In my experience, though I have no numbers, it seems Universal is more busy on weekends. You can usually find a good Disney park to be at where crowds are manageable. Though I have had luck on Friday nights at US.

With Express Universal will be very manageable. At WDW MK is the busiest on Saturday but the rest 3 parks can be done with a good plan.

Hmm it sounds like universal would be better during the week. Which is the best Disney Park to do at the weekends?

I have always found MK to be ok on and early Sunday morning then I’d probably hop to Epcot. I’d probably do AK on the Saturday.

I feel like there really isn't a best park day anymore. Weekends will be busier for all parks, and since many people start their vacation at MK, and also on Mondays, MK is inherently busier on Mondays it seems. But, if your trip is also next April, it's so hard to say since there will have been a lot of changes going on. Universal is just generally not as busy than Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter