Best photo-editing software/noiseware for a new MAC user

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
Greetings!
I will hopefully be getting my first MAC this weekend. I currently use Picasa to edit my photos after running them through basic Noiseware (Standard Edition) on my PC. I am not a professional photographer by any means, but I do enjoy photography and have been told I have a good eye. I take photos with my iPhone 11 and my Canon Powershot. I'm wondering if someone can recommend the best noiseware and/or photo editing software that is free or reasonable priced. My editing consists of cropping, removing blemishes, turning b/w or sepia and basic effects like "zoom", so I don't need super fancy stuff.

Any other MAC photo tips are welcome too.

Thanks!

Oh, jeez, a Mac . . .

OK, now that I've said that :rolleyes1

Are you looking for free or did you want to spend$$ (how much?). And how much effort to learn a new workflow? For free, I'd say GIMP but it's not super-intuitive. If ya gots money, I'd say Lightroom. In between? PS Elements maybe.

I have used Macs forever, and now that I am retired, I do photography and editing as a hobbyist. I know many do not want to get a Creative Cloud subscription for $9.99/ month, but for me it is worth it. Besides unlimited access to Lightroom (for editing and organizing) and Photoshop, you get a free website called Portfolio (actually up to 3) for posting your photos and web sharing for quick sharing with friends and family. You also get Lightroom Mobile for taking photos with your iphone in RAW format and editing on your phone or sending it to a desktop. I believe you can demo it for a short period of time. Good luck.

I'm wondering if someone can recommend the best noiseware and/or photo editing software that is free or reasonable priced. My editing consists of cropping, removing blemishes, turning b/w or sepia and basic effects like "zoom", so I don't need super fancy stuff.

Coming at this a bit late I think but you should definitely have a look at Topaz Labs' Denoise AI.

Second the suggestion for Topaz. I'm an avid CC user, but right now PS just doesn't produce the results for NR that DeNoise does.

For free I’d recommend Darktable. Very similar to Lightroom. I’ve also been playing with Luminar AI which is $70 for a single user license. Pretty cool tool that I find especially useful for landscapes and similar photos.D2A5F121-CD03-43BC-8142-F9E611D14FAC.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!