Best place for a memorable last dinner??

MartDM

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Our last night at Disney will be 10/31 and we're looking for a great resort restaurant for dinner. Possibly something with a view of fireworks, illuminations, the electric water pageant, etc. or a restaurant/resort with great atmosphere.

Please give me your best recommendations for a memorable send off (with the exception of places requiring formal attire - we'll be on vacation to escape that :) ) and any tips you have about seating, etc.

Thanks!

Ohana, Calf Grill, Arist point. would all be good ones.

Kae

i second that, Cali grill and Ohana, but i haven't tried artist's point so i can't say on that one :)

just don't do the illuminations dinner thing at Rose and Crown, the view is obstructed, we got 'rained' on by fall out from the fireworks and you couldn't hear the music!

geek

Artist Point has been our last dinner of choice our past two trips. We just love WL, and the food and atmosphere at AP are great. I'm not really sure if you can see the water pageant from there... I recall having a window seat once, and we were hoping to see the pageant, but then all of a sudden a thunderstorm came along! But even that was a pretty sight from AP.

I also had dinner once at CA Grill, and that was great too. I completely forgot about seeing the fireworks from there, but we were there at just the right time! That is also a very memorable experience, and perhaps more of what you're looking for.

This year our last dinner is going to be at Boma since we're staying at AKL, and it's gotten rave reviews here.

We ended up trip in May with 'Ohanas! DH loved it, and talked about it all the way home ;)

I think California Grill would also bea great choice! Its on our must eat list for next time.

My choices would be either California Grill at the Contemporary, or Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian. The view from CG is excellent and the fire works are easily seen. Narcoosee's has a fine view of the fireworks, and you can also see the Water Pagent form outside the restaurant.
We're doing both on our trip this October.

Thanks very much everyone! We stayed at WL last time & will be staying at AKL this time so those restaurants, while great suggestions, have been done or will be done on another night.

I love the idea of watching the fireworks - should we shoot for a particular time? (ie-PS one hour before fireworks or something like that?)

An hour before fireworks time should be fine. And remember that at either restaurant, a window table--while nice-is not a necessity. CG has an observation deck, and at Narcoosee's there is a deck just outside the restaurant.

We had our last night's dinner at Jiko. The food and service were excellent. It was a great way to end our trip!

We had dinner at Jiko's at AKL in May - a birthday celebration; though there is not a view of fireworks, etc..., the atmosphere is very romantic & the food was fabulous! Service was also fantastic. BTW, Jiko's is a table service restaurant, Boma's is a buffet.

We had our last dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table on our last trip. While we weren't expecting any characters, we had a surprise visit from Mary Poppins while we were in the waiting room before going upstairs for dinner.

We ended up leaving the restaurant to partake in a few extra rides before the fireworks and Spectromagic parade.

I hope we can end our next stay at a different restaurant, but hopefully in a park so that we can experience as much of Disney before we have to go home.

What are the best choices at MGM and Epcot?

Just a suggestion, but how about Blue Zoo @ the Dolphin, looking at their website this restaurant really looks the bussiness, we will definately try it out on our next visit (April 05). Most of us on this website are Disney regulars & have eat in all the 'top Disney favourites' on at least one occassion & you really can't knock them. Has anyone out there been to Blue Zoo? if so maybe we could hear about it?

so little time when you're at Disney.

For a great view - I would suggest Ohana, Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grille

For just a plain fantastic restaurant/atmosphere/food - Blue Zoo,
Narcoosees, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, Artist Pointe.

Have fun!

PamNC

No wonder I keep wanting to plan another trip. There are so many choices, I don't even have a favourite yet.

I think the best thing to do is decide where you'll be on your last night. The last time we did CRT which was great as we were meeting cousins in MK for a few last favourite rides, Spectromagic and fireworks.

Since we really wanted to spend some time touring GF, we have booked Cinderella's Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare for our last night. It will be a buffet dinner, complete with characters from Cinderella. After dinner, depending on what everyone in our group wants to do, we can take the monorail to either MK or Epcot to finish off the night with fireworks and that last bit of Disney magic.

Another place we're looking at trying is Teppanyaki in Japan at Epcot. We are big fans of teppanyaki-style cooking, being home to the original Ichi-Ban restaurant. It is very entertaining with a group.

I'm also trying to experience things differently from the last trip.
There are so many other places we haven't tried. All the more reason to plan another trip.
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter