Best place for shade on Castaway Cay

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
I have to be really careful about time in the sun for medical reasons. Any thoughts on the best area on Castaway Cay where I could find a nice shady spot? We won't have the kids with us this trip. All of the cabanas are booked for our cruise.

Laurie

I just got back from my cruise Saturday and we stopped there Friday. I'd say get off the boat as early as possible and find a treed spot with an umbrella underneath. I saw a few while walking around.

I have to be really careful about time in the sun for medical reasons. Any thoughts on the best area on Castaway Cay where I could find a nice shady spot? We won't have the kids with us this trip. All of the cabanas are booked for our cruise.

Laurie

I will tell you if you want a cabana, go to port adventures desk as soon as you board and place your name on the wait list. We have been successful every time we have done this with SB cabanas.
There are tons of umbrellas and lots of shade on SB, you shouldn't have a problem.

Have fun!

Laurie

On both the family beach side and Serenity side, I have the same advice. Choose loungers away from the water near the tree line with umbrellas. Then you get the shade from both trees and umbrella. I have to be careful of the sun also and have never had an issue finding shade even on a full Dream/Fantasy cruise.

I usually want the sun while DH wants the shade. He is always happier than I am with our chair set up on CC.

There were lots of chairs in the trees with umbrellas near the hair braiding station. That's where we camped out a couple of weeks ago. Not terribly close to food or restrooms, though.

Serenity Bay - find an umbrella or sit under the trees. We've never had problems finding shade. Even the food area is under umbrellas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter