Best place to view Cinematic Celebration and Superstar Parade

corgi_monster

DIS Veteran
I'm off to UOR in less than a week and so excited . . . but I'm also realizing just how much I don't know!

Where are the best places to view Cinematic Celebration and the Superstar Parade? How early should I stake out a spot? I have a toddler and an infant and would like for them to have front row seats.

Also, we will be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel and will have Express Pass. Is there a special or reserved section for Express Pass holders?

Thank you so much!

I would like to know this as well. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it mentioned on these boards how early people line up for Cinematic. Is there a queue beforehand or do you just show up and claim your spot? Thanks in advance!

You don’t need to line up before hand......we have always just turn up around 5 minutes before it starts.

There is a designated viewing area that was built last year directly opposite where the projection is shown, however I find that too crowded and prefer to stand below the bandstand area near Transformers......gets you out quicker too.

You can still see everything from here....water show, fireworks and the projections.....you’re just not directly in front of it, but less crowded suits us better.

No reserved area for EP holders, it’s just not necessary.

But 5 minutes beforehand even for those with short kids and want to be at a front railing?

Do not stand on the side. Last summer, I misunderstood the advice. I was ...hmm, in front of Mel's Diner, along the water. The view was pointless. You really couldn't see the projections at all.

Do not stand on the side. Last summer, I misunderstood the advice. I was ...hmm, in front of Mel's Diner, along the water. The view was pointless. You really couldn't see the projections at all.

You can still stand to the side and still see the projections. We do it every time.

As I said above, it may not be as direct as standing in the viewing area directly in front, but we still have a decent view of the projections.

We just prefer the less crowded area to be standing in..........

Oh OP, along the railings you’ll see signs saying you are in the splash zone and may get wet.......you won’t.......we always find we may get a fine mist spray if the breeze is blowing a little.......we stood as a family appeared and commented they didn’t want to get wet.....we assured them they wouldn’t.....and they were glad they stayed.

The best place to view the show from is the dedicated viewing area in the central park area. If you look across the water and the starbucks is directly across from you, you are in the sweet spot.
If the crowds are an issue, there is a grassy area if you take the path left up from the entrance closest to the Simpsons area that you can sit and have a decent view from also.

You won't get wet in the front view unless its a very windy day. The side is doable, but not as good, imho.

The best place to view the show from is the dedicated viewing area in the central park area. If you look across the water and the starbucks is directly across from you, you are in the sweet spot.
If the crowds are an issue, there is a grassy area if you take the path left up from the entrance closest to the Simpsons area that you can sit and have a decent view from also.

You won't get wet in the front view unless its a very windy day. The side is doable, but not as good, imho.

Absolutely the best spot.........

For us, we just prefer less crowded areas.....the nights we went the new viewing area was just mobbed. The grassy areas too......

We also watched from opposite side to Lombards.......it was quieter too but not as clear a view.......

I think the good thing about the show is you don’t need to be there much before it starts generally as said above, unless it’s a major holiday......

Looking forward to seeing this show again soon.........

When is this ending? I would love to see it this weekend, but I swear I saw it was not happening for a bit in January.

Edited to add: I found this on Touring Plans....."This attraction is scheduled to be closed temporarily from Thursday, January 10, 2019, to Saturday, January 19, 2019."

Sad that I will miss it :(

Last edited:
You can still stand to the side and still see the projections. We do it every time.

As I said above, it may not be as direct as standing in the viewing area directly in front, but we still have a decent view of the projections.

We just prefer the less crowded area to be standing in..........

Are we talking about the same area? We could not see the projections .. we could tell there were projections and it became a game trying to figure out what they were, but failed for the most part. The area we viewed the show from was not a little bit to the side, it was 90 degrees from the viewing area. But this was last August, so perhaps things changed.

Are we talking about the same area? We could not see the projections .. we could tell there were projections and it became a game trying to figure out what they were, but failed for the most part. The area we viewed the show from was not a little bit to the side, it was 90 degrees from the viewing area. But this was last August, so perhaps things changed.

Probably. Last time we saw it was July.

We weren’t 90 degrees from the viewing area but still stood to the side.

We could make everything out clearly, we just weren’t right in front of it. We’ll be back there again to watch the show again....:thumbsup2

For the Superstar Parade, I like Hollywood Blvd. over Production Central. It tends to be less crowded and you are more likely to be able to grab a bench. I try to sit in a bench in front of the Bourne Stuntactular or in the planter area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!