Best place to watch HEA at the Poly....Anyone ever watch from the TTC

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Viewing from Outside the Magic Kingdom

The new "Happily Ever After" evening spectacular at MK
features many projections on the front facade of Cinderella Castle
in addition to the many fireworks in the show. Since those projections
will not be seen from viewing locations outside the MK park, seeing the
"full effect" of "Happily Ever After" will dictate viewing the show at least once
from a good vantage point inside MK, on Main Street, preferably in or near the Hub.

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of the FIREWORKS portions of the MK Fireworks spectaculars.
However, the area with an MK view is now much smaller than it used to be
due to the recent construction of the new DVC on-the-water rooms.

They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.

Poly-Beach-Fwx_011517_zpsbjfzg4af.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-

MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)
Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see the MK fireworks shows very well from the TTC
(and they pipe-in clear, crisp audio from the show.)
Note: you are not allowed to stand directly in the actual Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx-CU_011517_zpskraqffi4.jpg

You can see the MK fireworks from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
There is rumored to be an upcoming paid "Wishes Dessert Party" that will be held on that boat dock.
The Narcoossee's Deck shown is now reserved only for guests of the restaurant.
--------------------------------------

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing the MK fireworks from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants (you need ADRs, and most are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at the Poly, at Trader Sam's and Trader Sam's outdoor patio at the Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

We will be at Poly on Friday and be watching HEA from the resort. Just wondering where the best view is??
Thanks
Jojo

I prefer to be on the beach or concrete path by the beach/fire pit.... somewhere where you can see the castle. Too far right and the first bungalow gets in your way. Too far left and the island in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon blocks the castle. The pic below is pretty close to my ideal spot.

A note, for our October and December trips the audio on the beach was much improved over prior visits. For the longest time the Poly beach audio was really inferior and you could easily be too far out on the beach and not hear ANYTHING.

As always, YMMV, but I was impressed with the volume on the last few trips. It’s almost ‘too’ loud (eg, close to speaker distortion). But I’ll take that over lack of audio.

IMG_8480.jpg

Can you see the projections decently from anywhere outside the park? Maybe California Grill?

Can you see the projections decently from anywhere outside the park? Maybe California Grill?
Nope, you need to be in the MK in front of the castle to see the projections on the castle.

In you opinion which has the better view, Polynesian, Contemporary, or Grand Florida for those without a dining reservation?

And if I could get a reservation, which restaurant would you recommend for fireworks?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter