Best places to eat at Old Key West resort

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Where do you like to eat at Old Key West ?
How is the quick service ?
I think they also have a sit down restaurant - breakfast, lunch and dinner ?

Thank you

Good's Foods to Go Is the quick service, it’s fine with sandwiches and burgers. They don’t have the same variety as the value or moderate resorts.

We really enjoy Olivia‘s, which is the full-service restaurant. You can also sit at the bar at the gurgling suitcase and order from Olivia‘s menu there.

I am staying at OKW right now! Of course there is Olivia's, but you can also get very tasty bar food at Gurgling Suitcase (I had the fish tacos, they were fantastic). There's also a quick service place by the pool area that's open during the day. That's really about it, but Disney Springs is just a short boat ride away.

I love breakfast at Olivia's! We haven't stayed at OKW in years but eat breakfast there often :)

We stay at OKW every year. We like Olivia’s for dinner at least once and eat at the quick service for lunch almost every day (we rarely do the parks anymore). But most nights we head into Disney springs on the boat,

Olivia's is really good. One of the most underrated/under-appreciated restaurants in WDW.

Good's Food To Go is nothing particularly special. Standard quick service - frozen fries, burgers and chicken nuggets, some salads and sandwiches, etc. On busy pool days Good's gets pretty crowded and there isn't a ton of seating (it's basically a pickup window, seating is umbrella tables outside - it's also a fairly small kitchen and they can sometimes get backed up.

The Gurgling Suitcase is a (very small) bar/lounge in between Olivia's and Good's. The menu there is the same as Good's and the kitchen is shared. There are 4 or 5 seats at a bar and a couple of small tables.

Turtle Shack is over by the turtle pond road pool - it serves a similar menu as Good's but is far less crowded because the Turtle Pond pool is much less crowded than the main one. Hours are more limited - it closes earlier in the day than Good's.

Last edited:

Olivia's is one of my favorite "hidden gem" restaurants. The food has always been good and filling when I eat there, and the service has always been outstanding. I'm in the midst of eating my way through all of WDW, and Olivia's is one of the few I regularly repeat dining at!

Gurgling Suitcase also has good bar snacks (and adult beverages) and Good's is, well, good if you need a quick bite.

Disney Springs is also just a short boat ride away, so there's also easy access to all the restaurants located over there.

I love breakfast at Olivia's
Banana Bread French Toast ,,topped with Bahamian Rum Butter Sauce ,,fresh bananas.:-) served with Bacon Or Sausage.
Friendly staff and lots of fresh coffee top ups.

Edited to add:
I tend to eat only breakfast here as *shellfish* is on the lunch and dinner menu alot.
I am Allergic to Shellfish and cross contamination can and has happened to me here.

Mel

Last edited:
OKW doesn't have a ton of food options. But I couldn't agree more, Olivia's is a hidden gem. I haven't stayed at OKW in a few years---but we almost always stayed there as a kid growing up. We usually unintentionally ended up eating there several times, just because it was close and convenient. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all awesome and you can easily try a few things on the menu and not feel like you are eating the same thing over and over. Plus DS is just a boat ride away with a ton of other places to eat. It is a nice and relaxing boat ride.

Goods to Go was originally just a walk up counter for the main pool. Now it is a slight bit more, but still not much more. There are picnic tables outside to sit and eat or you can take it back to your villa. It isn't a food court by any means. There is a smaller walk up counter at the Turtle Pond pool, but it is open seasonally. And then it is limited hours, like 11AM to 5PM.

Olivias is very good, not to many people know about it but they have some real good dishes there.... Gurgling Suitcase for quick service meals is good

We went to Olivia's for the first time last month...and we wanted to love it. We really did. We both ordered the buttermilk fried chicken and found it supremely underwhelming and very salty (especially the gravy which there was way too much of). Service was great though and we were one of only 2 parties in there so we did love the peaceful atmosphere.

We stayed at Old Key West for almost 2 weeks and never ate at one of their eateries. Actually, I'm wrong....we did have toasted marshmallows on a fire pit at night.

If we didn't cook it in our room, we boated it to Disney Springs.

We went to Olivia's for the first time last month...and we wanted to love it. We really did. We both ordered the buttermilk fried chicken and found it supremely underwhelming and very salty (especially the gravy which there was way too much of). Service was great though and we were one of only 2 parties in there so we did love the peaceful atmosphere.
I've had the buttermilk fried chicken many times and it was great. But the last time I ordered it, it wasn't nearly as good. In fact it had a pickle mixed into the buttermilk coating on the chicken. I'll try it again in the future, but it just wasn't that good the last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter