Best Places to Eat During Christmas Season?

WDWFigment

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have been looking through the photos posted on the TDR website, and it all looks pretty awesome...so my question for you is: if you were going to TDR for a few days during the holidays and wanted to focus on the special menus, where would you dine?

Right now our only sure things is Crystal Palace. Magellan's looks really tempting, but we ate there on the last trip and we sort of want to mix it up.

That's a good question! Following along to see what people suggest :)

I picked up an issue of Disney Fan.. but of course.. have no idea what it says :)

10809478806_dae643e9ec_o.jpg

10809484546_db5f282fd2_k.jpg

and there are a few more pages on the hotel restaurants

10809725683_e7a5951831_h.jpg

Get a Christmas Cake! The TDR website says the Queen of Hearts and Plaza Pavilion will have them.

I picked up an issue of Disney Fan.. but of course.. have no idea what it says :)

Thanks for posting!

Page one.
The green men buns are strawberry and lemon flavoured (and at a guess, the green one is green tea, but I can't read Kanji). The popcorn is butter flavoured?

The Mickey and Minnie biscuits are strawberry chocolated flavoured sandwich cakes.

The churros are chocolate flavoured with cranberry sauce. The cake is chocolate caramel mousse.

Page two.
The info under the pictures lists the options. The first option is just 'special course', which I guess is just the meal. The second option adds 'character' something, I'm guessing a plate or cup you can take with you.

I can't understand any of the actual food description, though. It's written in Katakana, so it's likely non Japanese words written in their characters, so you should be able to just string them together and come up with the description. For example, the characters under the picture are su-pe-sha-ru kohhh-su (special course). The first few characters down the side of the first picture are u-ni-to-so-ka-re-n-bu-ru-eh. I'd be more accurate interpreting the pictures than the Katakana :confused3

Page three.
The first line of the two main pics on the left says Special Set.

The one on the left has minestrone, hamburger, tomato cream sauce, (pa-n-ma-te-ho-re-i-su?), strawberry mousse, and a drink.

The one on the right has tomato demi glaze sauce hamburger with (bread boat? I'm guessing that means sub!), chocolate cream with hazelnut cake, and drink (I think it actually says 'drink with/of choice').

The hot dog and pizza both come as a set and also with a souvenir 'ranch' case (lunch case?).

I can't read what's in the 30th anniversary cups (although I'm so getting one) apart from they're a dessert. Oh, unless it's the same as the cup of stuff to the right, in which case it is strawberry custard mousse.

Page four.
Bottom right hand corner, white chocolate mousse.
To the left, caramel cream bread snowman. And that's all I can read off that page, I'm afraid!

Also, have a look through these pages:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/event/christmas2013/tdl/index.html

and

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/event/christmas2013/tds/index.html

You can look through the events, food and merchandise links on the left hand side (use the pictures as a guide, or hover over the links are read the web addresses, which are in English, at the bottom of your browser). If you use Chrome, you can have it automatically translate whatever text is on the page for you (but it's not exact).

Edit: actually, if you go to the food sections of the above links, you'll find that under the list of the Christmas menu, it has a link to which restaurant it relates to.

Page one.
The green men buns are strawberry and lemon flavoured (and at a guess, the green one is green tea, but I can't read Kanji). The popcorn is butter flavoured?

Just a note, the LGM cakes are strawberry, custard, and green tea. :)

The popcorn flavor is not mentioned; presumably those two buckets will be available all over the park as usual.

I can't understand any of the actual food description, though. It's written in Katakana, so it's likely non Japanese words written in their characters, so you should be able to just string them together and come up with the description. For example, the characters under the picture are su-pe-sha-ru kohhh-su (special course). The first few characters down the side of the first picture are u-ni-to-so-ka-re-n-bu-ru-eh. I'd be more accurate interpreting the pictures than the Katakana :confused3

Remember that Japanese is read right to left when written vertically! The first characters for that caption are actually âÃÄ¡ìé (mottsarera, or mozzarella!) - so the first item is fried mozzarella on top of a salad, rigatoni with sea urchin and scrambled egg cream sauce, bread, etc. (Presumably etc. refers to the pictured dessert, coffee, etc.)

Haven't had time to read over the rest yet!

Thanks for the replies--I'm hoping for recommendations from those who have eaten at some of these restaurants during the holidays before. I've read what's on the seasonal menus.

Thanks for the replies--I'm hoping for recommendations from those who have eaten at some of these restaurants during the holidays before. I've read what's on the seasonal menus.

Tom - the best place to eat is at my place for Christmas. You and Sarah should hop on yet another plane and make the long trek downunder. I'm sure I can rustle up an extra two places for you.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the left fork! :rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter