Best quality online albums

jimim

DIS Veteran
so Apple shut down thier book printing service. U use a third party one now. I liked theirs cause it was all done on the computer. Not cloud and the quality was good.

So now I’m on the search. I read that adorama has the best quality butcwith the size books I make from Apple they are now 150 dollars more per book. I also read that mix book has almost the same quality and it’s a lot cheaper! Bit in that same review they said Shutterfly was right there too and my wife has had calendars made for my parents on holidays and the quality is junk I feel.

I get my fine prints from whcc but a book the size I usually do for trips can’t even be made that large by them and will be off the charts.

The books r usually 45-60 pages.

I hate to say this but I miss the Apple ones already.

So guys. Give me some ideas. I’m going blind on this one. I’m upset my books aren’t going to match now for trips. I have 3 trips to catch up on. Having them all match over the past 9 years since the kids were born ha been so nice.

I'm making a book now on thawed for Adorama. Sooooooooo much sloooooooower that iPhoto/Photos. Deff more customizable, but I really want simple. Show off pics with black background and also the ability to fit to space so none of the pic gets cut off.

how was the quality of the pics. i have no problem paying for quality, but don't want to spend 300 for a book when I do 2-3 a year.

well for anyone reading i finished my first book. i was able to build a 8x12 book for $107 dollars and didn't leave out many pics at all. i had 202 pictures to fit. I prob have at least 180 of them in there. i'm pretty happy with the layout. it is deff more flexible than the iPhoto was, but takes more time. they were able to give me some advice to make my workflow much faster. i know have my own template that i can use for future books cause they pretty much layout the same way. full pages for nice family shots or scenery pics i may have taken and then pages with various windows of pics for other stuff. i guess i'll order 1 once i get a coupon and see what i think. i'll post back here about the quality for those maybe interested.

jimi

I got my first 8x12 book from adorama. I’m pretty impressed. Really good quality. The paper is nice and thick and I really like how the pages are full spread so u can span the whole 24 inch across. It looks really good. I got lustre finish. It’s not too glossy looking. Deff more of a gloss than White House custom where I usually get prints but deff good enough. What I don’t like is the cover. It gives way too much gloss to the picture on the cover and there is no dust jacket. I think dust jackets give a more professional finish. Just me. Next time I might just get a plain fabric cover.

Deff a better product than apple. Apple was good. This is better overall.

I can’t get used to the 8x12 size. It seems so long compared to tall. I guess I’m used to 10x12. I tried to do a 10x12 with them but it lays out so much different with having full spread pages vs apples regular. It is a lot of wasted space with having all my pics cropped at 4x6 out of my camera.

Those r the exact 3 reviews I read when deciding where to go. What. Miss most about apple was the non cloud layout. I can’t use move so much quicker building it local and uploading it to the web for printing.

What I do not get is how Shutterfly ranked decent. My wife and myself have done a bunch of calendars for my parents over the years. She does them cause they r dirt cheap around the holiday and my parents use it all year and enjoy it so much. But the quality, especially color is just not good. My screens r calibrated for whcc when I get prints from them. When I ordered from apple or now Adorama the colors were right on. I made sure I did not use color correction cause I know my colors r where I wanted them and they matched. My edits sent and received from Shutterfly are always off.

After read8ng these reviews I’m going to have my wife try mixpix next time to see how their quality is or I might make a book from them to see, but now that I got a good with full spread I don’t think I can go back to a bound book. Opening and seeing ur pics flat all the way across is really really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!