Best Quick Service at AK

marivigi

Getting a Pluto fix!
In your opinion, what's the best quick service place, and what should we order?

2 adults, 2 kids, looking for something that we could potentially take with us into the Rivers of Light show

I would look at the menus on this side or allears and see what you like. We like Flame Tree and Satu'li, but I don't know that their food would travel well to RoL.

In your case, I'd try Yak & Yeti. Not only is it close to RoL, several of their dishes are served in cute little takeout boxes that would travel well. I personally love the chicken fried rice and honey chicken.

Satuli Canteen is far and away the best quick service at AK, and perhaps in all of the parks. The bowls they serve are very high quality - my DH and I were shocked by how delicious the food was (not to mention how healthy). Check out their menu - you choose a protein, a side, and a sauce. My DH and I both picked beef, potato hash(?), and the herb dressing. SO good. I feel it is very good "bang for your buck."

Honestly, AK probably has some of the bast quick service of all of the parks, so this is a tough choice and I don't think you can go too far wrong with any of them.

In your case, I'd try Yak & Yeti. Not only is it close to RoL, several of their dishes are served in cute little takeout boxes that would travel well. I personally love the chicken fried rice and honey chicken.

Great point!

Thanks!

Satuli Canteen is far and away the best quick service at AK, and perhaps in all of the parks. The bowls they serve are very high quality - my DH and I were shocked by how delicious the food was (not to mention how healthy). Check out their menu - you choose a protein, a side, and a sauce. My DH and I both picked beef, potato hash(?), and the herb dressing. SO good. I feel it is very good "bang for your buck."

Sounds yummy!

Do you think its suitable for kids?

Flame Tree and/or Satu'li. Pick the one that suits your taste buds.

We'll be doing one for lunch and one for dinner on our AK day this upcoming trip.

Dan

The ribs at Harambe Market are delicious, but too messy to eat without a table if you want to take it elsewhere.

Satuli Canteen also has good food, but not really portable because they use real dishes and utensils, not disposable.

Unless your kids are SUPER picky, I think they'll find something. Here's the menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/satuli-canteen/menus/

I think kids might like, in particular, the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods. I didn't try them but was interested - maybe on a future visit. If your kids are picky, they at least have a basic cheese quesadilla. But I certainly wouldn't go that route there!

One of my coworkers went to WDW on her Honeymoon, and they ate at Satuli almost every day! Haha. She told me that the blueberry cream cheese mousse was REALLY good. We had other desserts in mind for later in the day when we went, but I regret it now and wish I would have tried it! Just something to keep in mind. It looks really weird but has fabulous reviews.

Satuli's dining area is really nice, too. In my opinion, it's a great place to take a break and sit for a while. Plus, free refills!

I hope you enjoy it!

Since most WDW places won't package food as take-out, you might consider bringing your own tupperware-style containers to pack up the food.

Satuli Canteen is my favorite QS also.

Satul'i is the best but I'm not sure it will carry well all the way to Rivers of Light...

We went to RoL last August and stopped at Yak and Yeti before going in. It was so convenient! The QS area is very close to the RoL entrance, and our food was packed in great containers that were easy to eat out of while waiting for RoL to start (and keep in mind that stadium seating with a crowd is not the easiest place to eat ). The food was also really, really good!

I’m close to writing off Flame Tree.
I’m getting tired of the band across the street blasting music, making it almost impossible to order.

Our current plan is to go to Satul'i right after Rivers of Light. Get Pongo Pongo lumpias for dessert and see Pandora after dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter