Best resort for solo travelers

Nevada25

Mouseketeer
What is the best resort for a solo traveler who is going to Disney world for the first time. Price is issue as I can save money for a deluxe

Last edited:
I think it depends on budget, and the specific things that "concern" that solo traveler. For example if you have a medium budget and want a small resort, then Port Orleans French Quarter would be the way to go. If money is no object and you are going to spend a lot of time in EPCOT and want transportation choices, then perhaps Boardwalk... etc...

My first solo trip was at All Star Movies. It was great. Ive stayed at French Quarter solo. Also great. More recently I stayed at POP Century - a great resort for a solo trip. None were “best“. I had great experiences solo at all of them.

I have stayed solo at GF and Coronado. I loved both! Big difference in price, but honestly, I was happier at the Coronado.

These were both for conferences. If I had to pay, I would not choose a fancy room. I did not need the Deluxe Amenities traveling solo as I would with my family.

I've stayed solo at every level and have never felt anything but safe. My only time of a tiny concern, I actually was with my adult son. We were staying at Dolphin. He was tired after supper so I decided to walk back the Boardwalk Bridge to watch the Epcot FWs. On the walk back there is a walkway between YC and Dolphin that has a lot of trees next to it. I was a little nervous walking past it but there was no reason for it, for some reason just the trees bothered me.

If I ever do a solo trip I'll probably stay at an Epcot area resort. I love Epcot, it's fun to just wander around the World Showcase. It's really nice to wander around Boardwalk also so that might be a good choice. Another option would be POFQ, you have access to POR and their amenities plus easy access to Disney Springs. When I go anywhere solo (which is rare) I just love to walk around.

I've stayed solo at BC (X1), POFQ (x4) and Pop (x2).

I love the Epcot resorts area. If money were no object, I'd stay at BC any time.
I love POFQ; pretty, quaint and charming, and the small size makes everything convenient. If you plan on spending time at Disney Springs, the boat is a nice plus.
My 2 most recent trips I went to Pop to save $. I was perfectly happy there in 2017. When I went back this Feb, it was my first experience with the remodeled rooms and the SKYLINER!!! :love: Pop is going to be my go-to for now because of that!

Think of what your budget and priorities are (location, pools, food options?) and I bet you'll be happy with wherever you choose.

My solo trip was at CBR, which was great. I've also stayed at Coronado and AKL and I don't think either of those would be bad solo either. My AKL trip was CL, which I don't recommend solo as you lose a lot of these value having fewer people in the room. Besides that I don't think being solo influences resort choice much.

Animal kingdom lodge I picked cause of the savanna the only downside is its distance from everything else

Animal kingdom lodge I picked cause of the savanna the only downside is its distance from everything else

That's our home resort! We love it, but agree it is far far away. I probably would have picked something closer in for a solo trip. For instance, you could stay at Saratoga Springs in the Congress Park section, and walk to Disney Springs. Or maybe one of the Epcot resorts (if Epcot is a place you'd go).

I will be spending time in epcot, magic kingdom and animal kingdom. Hollywood studios doesn't interest me. Will be spending time in disney springs also

That's our home resort! We love it, but agree it is far far away. I probably would have picked something closer in for a solo trip. For instance, you could stay at Saratoga Springs in the Congress Park section, and walk to Disney Springs. Or maybe one of the Epcot resorts (if Epcot is a place you'd go).
I will be spending time in epcot. I do want stay at animal kingdom lodge for the food and in the newly renovated rooms

Swan and Dolphin shouldn't be over looked for solo travelers. Their conference hotel setup makes them great adults only hotels. Assuming you don’t need DME and DDP that is.

AKL is a wonderful resort and one of our favorites. Yes, it is a bit removed but use the app for bus arrival times and that will help reduce your wait time for buses. Try Boma - we did it for breakfast and dinner and loved it. The Mara is also great for QS - it's a nice size and you can also take your food outside to the tables there. We had a savannah view and it was the best decision we made. Loved sitting on the balcony in the morning and watching the animals. Enjoy!

I am deciding between animal kingdom lodge or a resort close to epcot

Of the two, I would choose an EP resort. There is just so much more to do in that area. I did YC solo and really enjoyed it as it was a very, quiet relaxing resort and I could access so many restaurants, parks and amenities within walking distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter