Best resort for solo travelers

I agree with Blondie58. Pop offers a relaxing option for value conscious travelers- the walk around Hourglass Lake (with coffee) is my favorite morning activity. Although Pop does not offer an indoor sit-down bar, getting a beverage at Petals Pool Bar and lounging poolside is a great way to pass the time.
And, with the addition of the gondolas, it became convenient to go visit another resort (CBR, Riviera, or the Boardwalk resorts) for dining purposes.

Swan and Dolphin, Pop and Coronado in that order.

Swan and dolphin walking access to epcot is the real gem. Pop is purely based on value and cost and it has skyliner access, plus the food court is great. And Coronado, although land locked is a sleeper with how large of a property you can walk around and it's a cost efficient moderate, only downside is you are gonna need to use bus transportation, if it was on the skyliner it would be top 2.

Hello!

This is a wonderful thread-so glad you asked. I am following to learn more about some resorts I have never stayed at. I'm trying the Wilderness Lodge for the first time when I go this fall.

I have traveled to WDW solo many times, and here are my thoughts:

POFQ is one of my favorite hotels. It's small, I can take the boat to Disney Springs, and the benigets are amazing. The down side is that there is no interior corridor. You enter your room from outdoors. This can make those trips to refill your mug a bit more wet in the rain. Plus, I have always been told by police officers to avoid these kinds of entrances when traveling alone. Having said that-I have always felt safe at POFQ and have never had any problems. Personally, I have a pet peeve for bus transport. POFQ rarely shares a bus with other resorts and has only 1 stop at the hotel. I like this perk.

POR is similar to POFQ, but much more spread out. I have stayed at both styles of rooms and they were both fine. Security wise, there are many bus stops, which means you won't have a long walk in the well manicured and dark walkways. Still, there are multiple stops on the bus, which means it can take a while to get home.

All Stars (I have stayed at Movies and Music). Not a fan. The rooms are less expensive, but very loud. Lots of kids and families for competitions. That's not a bad thing, but not a lot of areas for quiet and mingling with other solo adult travelers. Again, they have those external entrances and all 3 share buses. If you stay at Movies, you are at the last stop. Keep that in mind if you are trying to find a seat on the bus- at night that won't happen. There are too many exhausted parents with sleeping children.

Pop Century is a better value hotel. While it is set up like the other values, it feels quieter somehow, and it does not share a bus.

Coronado Springs: it is a rather sprawling hotel, but the rooms are nice, and they do a lot of conferences. This means there are more adults. On the down side, I wasn't that impressed with the restaurants.

Yacht Club: Love, love, love this hotel. Walking distance to World Showcase and MGM (Disney Studios). Great rooms and an awesome pool. Lots of options for restaurants and mingling, especially with the Boardwalk. Still, it's quiet, and the Cast Members are awesome. Plus, most of all rooms are contained in one building with inner corridors. You do share a bus with Beach Club.

Grand Floridian: This was a mixed bag for me. I liked the restaurants, the access to the monorail is wonderful and the rooms are very nice. That said, there are a lot of outer buildings. If I am paying that much money, I would like to be in the main building. GF is beautiful, and convenient. I'm just not sure if those things justify the price. Still, if I could get a discount, I would stay there again. They share a bus with the Poly and Contemporary on off hours.

Not sure if this helps. For me, security is an issue, as well as how quickly and easily I can get back to the room after a day at the parks. I like to be able to have a drink or dinner and then walk back to my room instead of driving or making sure I can get a bus back afterward. I like to use the pool and find a place to relax with a book (I'm a bit of a night owl, and can run out of energy to "people" sometimes.)

Let us know what you decide, and apologies for the very long post. :)

Love the Yacht Club. The back pool was awesome with few to zero kids. It was quiet and adult and I enjoyed it greatly. Not a huge fan of the restaurants but there's so many other choices nearby, it doesn't matter. Bonus points for the boat to EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!