Best resort for solo travelers

If the boats are up and running, I would recommend Old Key West. I really enjoyed heading to Disney Spring each evening after the parks for a bit before catching the relaxing boat ride back each night.

I'm going solo beginning of December 2021. Right now I'm looking at the Hilton which is across from Disney Springs. I stayed there in 2018 for a conference, I've been WDW numerous times, but most of the time I stay in hotels in LBV. Any suggestions besides my second choice of Pop Century? Thanks

I'm going solo beginning of December 2021. Right now I'm looking at the Hilton which is across from Disney Springs. I stayed there in 2018 for a conference, I've been WDW numerous times, but most of the time I stay in hotels in LBV. Any suggestions besides my second choice of Pop Century? Thanks
I‘ll be there the first week of December 2021, too. Pop is currently my first choice since it’s affordable and it’s on the skyliner which gives you easy access to Epcot & HS.

I prefer to Star in resorts where the rooms doors are internal. I also like to stay at resorts that are a quick walk or monorail ride to the parks. If I wanted a cheaper room I would choose Pop for transportation reason and i do love this resort as well.

I went on my first ever solo trip in early August 2020 as part of "Operation: Burn excess DVC points and give the wife a break from me." We always stay at Beach Club (our usual favorite) but with so much last-minute availability in the covid era I really wanted to try something different since I had my pick of literally everything just a couple of weeks beforehand. So, I booked a week in a WL (Copper Creek) studio for just myself. I had never even set foot into the lobby and just booked it based on recommendations from disboards. And, I thought it was awesome. It's a great layout having all the hotel amenities in such a short walking distance, and I really enjoyed the boulder ridge pool late at night. I especially enjoyed Geyser Point and even the boat ride to MK. I usually don't care for boat transportation but that boat ride is just breathtaking, especially at sunset. The rest of transportation is by bus but I had a rental car so I just drove myself to the other parks and DS. The design and theme of the resort grounds is really impressive. And I even thought the other hotel guests were a little friendlier than I'm used to at beach club. I'm sure that's just coincidence (probably since it was most everyone's first time out since covid started), but it still was a nice bonus to the experience.

Put it this way: my wife enjoyed the break from me so much she's sending me back in March, so I booked a WL studio again! :)

Of the ones I've soloed to, I'd say GF is my favorite. Mainly because I have an old lady back, and their beds are unreal comfortable. But, I've also done Pop Century, and I liked how clean it was and how well the space was used. Plus, the Skyliner and the price. But nothing beats those GF beds.

I think the main message you will hear on this page is pick your budget and then go with your whim!

I find the Boardwalk resorts and GF completely unappealing in terms of look of the resorts and desire to stay there. But I’ve stayed at most of the rest of the resorts and loved all of them. Others LOVE staying at one of the Boardwalk resorts. I’m rarely at Epcot late at night, so being close to that park has no appeal for me.

I really like Pop Century. The room layout is great for a solo traveller, and Skyliner access.

Places I've stayed solo:
CSR - years ago, and starting with being assigned (and sent to being told it was ready) a room that someone else was still in (pretty sure they were in the bathroom when I entered) it wasn't the best experience. I'd love to try GDT at some point though.
ASMu (x2) - Fine. No issues
ASSp - Actually really enjoyed this one
AoA LM - It was fine. I'm interested in trying this one again with their room re-do.
Pop - It's fine. Not a fan of the rehab chic look the new rooms have though.
CBR - Love this resort. Need to stay again.
POFQ - Not a fan. I don't like or get the obsession most people have with New Orleans, so the themeing pretty much just gave me nightmares, especially walking to my room (as far as you could possible get from the main building) late at night.
Poly Studio - Loved it! Want to stay again, preferably resort side...just not willing to risk my birthday trip, which starts the first day they're taking reservations for the resort side - if they get behind I don't want to be stuck with whatever is left at that point.

I'm currently booked at Riviera for said birthday trip in July. I'm in a Deluxe Studio, but I'd actually be fine with a Tower Studio - I definitely prefer having a single-serve keurig as opposed to wasting most of a pot of coffee (I honestly think any studio should have just the keurig and save the full-size coffee makers for the larger villas, but I don't see that changing) - but I know that at least for this past trip, I'd tentatively booked at Riviera in a Tower Studio but that wasn't included in discounts and a Deluxe Studio Standard was actually cheaper than a Tower. I'm still pondering it though.

I'd love to stay at AKL, but right now with there only being one restaurant (and the Mara being grab and go IF it's open is a no-go as I'm gluten-free because of a wheat allergy so grab and go doesn't work), it's kind of a no-go for me at this time.

Yacht Club intrigues me, but I really discovered this past trip how valuable having a tub to soak in before bed was for helping my feet not kill me a couple of days in, and I've noticed that a lot of the Yacht Club rooms are shower only. (The one downside to the Tower Studio at Riviera is it's just a shower. Granted a GINORMOUS shower, but still just a shower.)

When I go solo I usually will go for the moderate resorts. I feel they are quieter than value resorts. Value resorts are great if money is an issue or you have kids. But it’s nice to treat yourself sometimes when you are solo. My favorite is POR but I’ll be staying at CBR in May. I’m looking forward to it.

I haven't gone solo, but if I was I think I would go with Coronado Springs. Pre-pandemic they had a lot of conventions and thus was a little more "adult" feeling. It seems like they have a lot of bars and restaurants, and if there are people going to conventions you might meet other solo travelers getting a drink after a busy day. I guess it depends on what you want to do, but after a day out and about alone it might be nice to just chat with others over a drink at the bar. I feel like it might be awkward being "alone" and at CS there might be other solo travelers and thus wouldn't stand out as much. Plus, the Gran Destino tower and the Three Bridges Bar looks really nice.

My second choice would be Poly, just because I've always wanted to stay there. I guess it depends on what you want to do, but I could easily spend a day just hanging out by the pool and the lake. Third choice would be the Yacht or Beach Club, once again because of the pool. The Boardwalk looks nice with all the restaurants, but personally I rather stay at the Yacht or Beach and just walk over or take the boat.

I am currently planning a trip during a major holiday week :scared: and am struggling with my hotel choice. I won’t be spending time at the pool. Food is a major aspect of my trips.

So far I have stayed at Pop, CRB, CRS, Gran Destino and AKL. I liked all of them for different reasons. CRB I probably liked least due to the older rooms but the property itself is lovely.

For my upcoming trip I have the following options:
6 nights at Dolphin.
3 nights at Dolphin/ 3 nights at Riviera
3 nights at Dolphin/ 3 nights Gran D
3 nights at Dolphin/ 3 nights Boulder Ridge

So here are my thoughts. 6 nights at Dolphin would give me easy access to HS & Epcot. It’s nice not having to rely on transportation. The mears situation at Dolphin is not ideal though. But I wouldn’t have to pack my bags in the middle of the trip ;) On the other hand doing a split stay would give me the option to try out a hotel I don’t know yet (apart from GD) and I love trying out new hotels. And that brings me back to the holiday week. Are Riviera, Boulder Ridge and Gran D a good choice in that regard?

Hoping to get some input from the experts...to get me even more confused :teeth: ;)

PS: Budget is an issue so please don’t suggest the presidential suite at BC ;)

I've recently stayed at the Dolphin, so let me give you some thoughts.

The Dolphin is very much a convention hotel. With conventions shut down right now, they're running at minimum level. When we were there in Jan, they might have been 10% occupancy. The quick service is open every day as is Shula's and the lobby bar in the evening (but no food there). Other dining choices are mostly open during the weekends and the same thing is happening at the Swan. Even between the two hotels, you will find mornings where quick service is your only choice.

With that said, I was disappointed in the Dolphin. Although I like to go solo, that doesn't mean I want to be alone all the time, I like to meet people. It's not a good spot for that right now, so weigh that against your goals.

The other thing of (negative) note is to realize the bus service is not disney bus service anymore. I didn't find them reliable and the marquees on the busses are frequently wrong, you have to read the sign in the front window and ask the bus driver to confirm.

Otherwise, the rooms are nice, the bed was comfortable and it was everything I'd expect of a Marriott property. But it's not what it was before.

I've recently stayed at the Dolphin, so let me give you some thoughts.

The Dolphin is very much a convention hotel. With conventions shut down right now, they're running at minimum level. When we were there in Jan, they might have been 10% occupancy. The quick service is open every day as is Shula's and the lobby bar in the evening (but no food there). Other dining choices are mostly open during the weekends and the same thing is happening at the Swan. Even between the two hotels, you will find mornings where quick service is your only choice.

With that said, I was disappointed in the Dolphin. Although I like to go solo, that doesn't mean I want to be alone all the time, I like to meet people. It's not a good spot for that right now, so weigh that against your goals.

The other thing of (negative) note is to realize the bus service is not disney bus service anymore. I didn't find them reliable and the marquees on the busses are frequently wrong, you have to read the sign in the front window and ask the bus driver to confirm.

Otherwise, the rooms are nice, the bed was comfortable and it was everything I'd expect of a Marriott property. But it's not what it was before.
Thanks for showing mercy ;) joke aside, all you said makes perfect sense. Your review is very helpful especially since you are describing it from a solo perspective. Even though the location itself is great the current bus situation at Dolphin/Swan isn’t ideal..
I am still very undecided :teeth:

I believe I have stayed solo at every resort save for AKL, FW, and the Riviera.

My favorites are the Boardwalk resorts (simply for the variety of food & entertainment options—pre COVID), and the Wilderness Lodge (I just am in love with the theming).

I’ve done Solo at ASMu, AKL, Beach Club, and. Wilderness Lodge. My favorite is AK... because being there is like being on a vacation from your vacation! Sitting on the balcony reading a book or having morning coffee watching the giraffes is a perfect moment of peace for me 💜💜

What is the best resort for a solo traveler who is going to Disney world for the first time. Price is issue as I can save money for a deluxe
As a couple or when traveling with friends we always stay at the GF or CR. However, in May 2019 I went solo to Garden Show. Stayed eight nights at Pop and loved it. My room was perfect for me. The price was very reasonable. Loved getting up and walking around the lake a couple times each morning. Room was clean and bright. I purchased bottles of water and some food and snack items. I spent money on three tours and a couple special events but little on food as that was not the focus of my solo trip. I enjoyed every minute and had a great time. (The gondolas were not open at that time. Now that they are that is another plus.) Also a nice laundry facility. I packed hlf what I normally do and did not have to lug a lot of luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!