Best Resort Restaurant?

Olivia’s is a hidden gem. It is a solid performer year after year. You can never go wrong here

character meals and buffets
boma is a must do. Love boma
cape May is very popular. You both could enjoy that one

i don’t know that I would bypass any resort ts (except ohana, not a fan)
You just named all my favourites.
Except I’d add Whispering Canyon for the great barbecue and fun entertainment/activities.

Olivias at Old Key west is a favorite for sure. Great fried chicken! But hands down the best is Boma or Jiko. In fact every restaurant at AKL is worth going out of the way for.

If you're trying to avoid signatures, I would recommend trying Boma or Sanaa at AKL. Pick one and you can't go wrong, not to mention visiting AKL is a must in itself. We also like visiting Wilderness Lodge and they now have Storybook Dining although we haven't tried it. Depending on where you are staying/your park plans for the day, I would pick places that are convenient to you in terms of transportation. I don't know that I would go out of my way to go to Olivia's at Old Key West unless I was staying there or very close by. Yes, it's consistently good food but nothing over the top entertaining etc. Hoop Dee Doo is another favorite of ours at Wilderness Campground. Fun for all ages and all you can eat. Never been too impressed with Cape May or 1900 Park Fare in terms of food but they do have characters if that's what you're interested in. The Grand Floridian Cafe has good food but we have found the service to be slow. It's always fun to visit the Grand during the trip though. Another place people rave about is the Wave at Contemporary so you might want to check that out. Mixed reviews on Kona and 'Ohana so those wouldn't be top on my list. Have fun!

Hello,
My son and I've been to Disney World twice and did most of the sit-down restaurants in the Parks and few in Disney Spring.
We'll be at Disney this May and want to try something new.

Any recommendations on Resort Restaurants (no dress code restaurants)? I love seafood but my son doesn't eat seafood so it needs to be somewhere that has both.

Thank you

Great Topic! I don't find the restaurants with a dress code to be that impossible - We wore nice jeans and shirts (park attire). In the "Signature Category" we enjoyed California Grill, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish and JIKO.

For a regular or "1 credit on the dining plan" We like Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave (especially the breakfast buffet), BOMA, Trail's End, Beaches and Cream (pre-renovation they just reopened). At Disney Springs we love Chef Art Smith's Homecomin', Raglan Road, and Wolfgang Puck Express (Counter Service but you have a server).

There are very few resort restaurants that have a strict dress code.
If you want to avoid the Signature restaurants, you are ignorning many good restaurants.
Our favorite Signature would be Jiko, California Grill, Il Mulino. None of these are terribly dressy.
Non Signature - Sanaa (if you like Indian inspired food), Raglan Road (not resort but DS), BOMA, The Wave.

We just got back from staying at Caribbean Beach. Sebastian's Bistro was really good.

My mom who is a picky and critical seafood eater loved the mahi mahi. I had fish & chips, which was really good as well. They also have jerk chicken and steak.

Toledo at CSR. One of the best Disney meals I've had in a long time. Ordered the pork chop, grouper, tomato bread and heirloom tomato salad. All were fabulous.
Beautiful view, good service, delicious food.
This place is Signature quality. I hope they keep it up as a non-signature.

Toledo at CSR. One of the best Disney meals I've had in a long time. Ordered the pork chop, grouper, tomato bread and heirloom tomato salad. All were fabulous.
Beautiful view, good service, delicious food.
This place is Signature quality. I hope they keep it up as a non-signature.
It is a signature.

No it isn’t.
Oh. Wow. I thought it was for some reason. Maybe because it has $$$ on the Disney dining site. So does Cali Grill so I must have assumed. Well then...I add that to my best resort TS list. It was really good. It is a great value if using the DP.

We love The Wave and our second would be Boma. Always good service and quality food

We usually love O’Hana for dinner, but went recently and the meats tasted strongly of liquid smoke. The rest of the meal was delicious as always. We love Grand Floridian Café for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter