Best resort(s) for toddlers?

Jmar2009

Earning My Ears
Hi, I plan to take 1 or 2 trips next year. Boys will be 3 and 5. I'm thinking with covid and things not being fully opened and running, we'll probably plan more resort days. Thoughts on best resort for little ones?

Thank you!

My son was 4 when we stayed at Poly and LOVED the splash pad. He spent hours there.
My kids are now 3 and 5. I usually look for a good splash pad/pool. We spend a lot of time at our resort so I like lots of dining options close and in non Covid times, a playground is nice.
I like Poly, WL, CBR If I really picked for my kids. Of course, I’m paying so I chose YC and GF last trip. Kids were just as happy there. DS is happy when there is an arcade.
Saratoga also has awesome pools and is walking distance from Disney Springs.

My son has loved Animal Kingdom Lodge the most. He is 4 now but stayed there several times the last few years. While he loves the Poly for its sand, nothing beats a savanna view room. Also my son hates enclosed slide at the pool and doesn’t like the splash zones since you can get soaked. (In case those might be factors for yours to consider)

We went over thanksgiving last year with my 18 month old daughter. She enjoyed the splash pad and there was ample room for her to explore. My only complaint would be getting on the monorail with a stroller was a pain having to wait for the few elevators in the GF lobby.

if you were planning more resort time, I would probably pick an Epcot resort. There are more things to do in that area and you can walk to Epcot and DHS, so I feel you have more freedom. However, if hopping isn’t available when you go, then an Epcot resort may not be that attractive. The pool at the Boardwalk is smaller than BC/YC, but easier to keep an eye on your kids.

For what it is worth, I own DVC at GFV and BWV and prefer BWV even with a toddler.

My son has loved Animal Kingdom Lodge the most. He is 4 now but stayed there several times the last few years. While he loves the Poly for its sand, nothing beats a savanna view room. Also my son hates enclosed slide at the pool and doesn’t like the splash zones since you can get soaked. (In case those might be factors for yours to consider)
The savanna view room is great for kids. Ours love it there.

We have stayed at most WDW hotels with our kids. It doesn't matter to them where we stay. All they care about is a pool and going to the parks. Base your choice on what you want and what you can afford. I would avoid the value resorts because of the room size. Go with a moderate or better. Being able to walk to MK is a bonus.

I would say AK unless your kids are good swimmers, and then it would be BC or YC for Stormalong Bay. I think AK is one of the easier resorts to rent DVC points for if you’re interested in going that route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter