best ribs?

Tiggery

DIS Veteran
I am a big ribs fan so where in the world can I get a really good meal of ribs?

Has some good ribs I don't know if they are best at WDW since I haven't eaten ribs at other dining venues.I like them better than ribs they serve at HDDR.:wave2:

The best ribs I had at Disney were probably over at the Flame Tree BarBQue in Animal Kingdom. Just delicious. But the worst were probably as part of the dinner skillet over at Whispering Canyon. While I had a great steak at WC, I wasn't thrilled with the all-you-can-eat skillet dinner. The ribs were very dry, not at all tasty.

Richard

The best ribs I had at Disney were probably over at the Flame Tree BarBQue in Animal Kingdom.
I see people say this all the time.........................and I wonder. Do people realize these are extremely average at best ribs but they hapen to think they are the best WDW offers (meaning there are no really good ribs in WDW), or do people really think the Flame Tree BBQ ribs are good?

I had the Flame Tree ribs once. Would I do it again with the AK Meal Deal? Perhpas. However, while these might serve to fill your stomach when in the AK they are hardly ribs worth looking forward to, IMHO.

I haven't had any good ribs in WDW. Then again I have only had them at Flame Tree and Wispering Canyon. Both edible, but not a finger licken rack of fall off the bone ribs by any stretch.

Keep in mind, I am not a rib conniseur, but I've had ribs at Flame Tree, WC, Concourse Steakhouse, Hoop Dee Doo/Trail's End, Rainforest Cafe, Oktoberfest booth at Epcot's Food and Wine Fest, and Cap'n Jack's.
Of those, I think that Concourse had the best, followed closely by Cap'n Jack's and Flame Tree.
Hoop-Dee-Doo's were larger than the rest, and flavorful, but they were a bit dry.
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe was offering ribs in a limited test-run recently, but I didn't have a chance to try them.

I would definitely agree that the Flame Tree ribs aren't falling off the bone, sweet and tender, amazingly good. But I would put them as the best I've had at Disney. I love ribs, and get some of the best around in Manhattan on a regular basis. I've not found anything at Disney that compares (although I've heard quite a bit about the ribs at Trails End Buffet over at Wilderness Lodge, so will probably try those this trip). So I guess I should say that when I labeled Flame Tree's the best, it was in the context of "that I've found at Disney." Not even close to the best I've ever had (although Worlds beyond those I had at Whispering Canyon).

Richard

how are scifi's..."good for disney" or just plain "bad'(lol) i'd settle for ok since really good ribs are hard to get anywhere imo ( either over cooked and dry or boiled to death before grilling and no taste left..).glad I have a couple of fabulous rib cooks for friends!:teeth:

Boma has very good ribs, but they only serve them on certain days.

I agree that Boma's ribs are excellent. I would classify Boma's as very good ribs, not just good by WDW standards.

Thankyou for all the replies, I see its as hard to get good ribs in WDW as it is to get them in the uk.

I was at Whispering Canyon recently and found that they have changed their recipes on a few items. They now serve "Cowboy Beans" which have a more "chili" flavor than the sugar-and-pork baked beans previously offered, the cornbread is sweeter and more firm, and their ribs are no longer dry-rubbed!!! They are now marinated and basted in a bbq sauce. The result is more tender, juicy, fall-off-the-bone ribs. I had been disappointed by their ribs before, but ordered the skillet again because I enjoyed the other items and was pleasantly surprised. Give WC another shot if you have the time, you may change your mind about their ribs.

The best ribs are at House of Blues! We have to have them at least once every trip. Yum!!
My second choice would be Rainforest Cafe.

I'm going to vote for trails end; they are every bit as bad as whispering canyon or flametree, and they are all you can eat.

The best ribs we've had were at Boma. They were good by real-world standards, not just Disney. The most recent ribs we had at Whispering Canyon also were good -- perhaps they were after they had changed how they do them b/c we also had the barbecue flavor beans. We had so-so ribs at Flame Tree, Sci Fi and an Epcot food court (The Land, I think).

It is amazing how different everyone's tastes and preferences are. I LOVE Flame tree barbeque ribs and I find them to be the best ribs I have ever had. I think a BIG reason I love their ribs is the dry rub seasoning -I do not like ribs with barbeque sauce at all, and I love the flavorings of the smoke from the different woods that Flame tree ribs have. I also do not like fall off the bone, mushy ribs, I like ribs that you can bite and chew on so Flame tree ribs are a must do every trip for us! Love em, love em--yummy!!

I think that DeeP is onto something....everyone's favorite rib style, flavor etc...may very well be different.

I'm a total rib lover, and I recently ordered the "rib-combo dinner" at a place like Houlihan's. The combo included regular, smoky, honey, and dry-rubbed.

Surprising to me, but my favorite was the dry-rubbed (spices used in the rub sent me into orbit!)... and I now consider the "fall-off-the-bone" ribs to be not as good and somewhat "mushy"....oh well, live and learn!

part of it is a regional thing. Ribs, and more braodly, barbecue, vary a lot from one area to another. The kind of sauce, the way it is cooked, even the kind of meat that one person thinks of is the opposite of what someone else wants. It is sort of like new york pizza vs. chicago pizza. Things like that are hard for a place like disney world, which has to appeal to a lot of people from all over, so sometimes you get the least common demominator, if that makes sense.

Originally posted by HumphreyBear
part of it is a regional thing. Ribs, and more braodly, barbecue, vary a lot from one area to another. The kind of sauce, the way it is cooked, even the kind of meat that one person thinks of is the opposite of what someone else wants. It is sort of like new york pizza vs. chicago pizza. Things like that are hard for a place like disney world, which has to appeal to a lot of people from all over, so sometimes you get the least common demominator, if that makes sense.

good thought...midwest grilled & sloppy with redsauce vs NC smoked ( personally we like them all ways but can find the smoked alittle dry if not coked right or the grilled a little too chewy due to same thing but still good enough to "force" ourselves to eat.... just not *as * good!)looking forward to trying Boma's and whispering canyon although we like dry rubbed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter