Best rides for a 3 / 4 year old in a party of 5 people

bilsLANDO

Earning My Ears
Hi

We are are travelling with a couple who have a daughter who is 3 going on 4 in a few weeks.

It has just occurred to me that all my automatic fast pass selections will be around adults.

Do people with families normally split the fast passes so a couple of the party can hit a more adult ride and then the other two go with kiddy to other rides? Interested to know how families tour.

The other couple are regulars at Disneyland California so keen to see the unique things in WDW.

My thoughts so far are.

MK

7DMT - everyone
Splash - maybe everyone but not sure about ride height
Peter Pan - not too bothered as other family has ridden in California
Princess meet and greet - maybe
BTMR - probably not for a small child?

Are there any other rides for small kids I should be looking to get like Dumbo? We could all ride together.
Jungle Cruise and Pirates maybe?

EPCOT

Just focus on Frozen and meet and greets. Maybe grab some fast passes for Test Track for a few of us.

Hollywood Studios

SDD - would be great if I could land a FP for this but unlikelay
Everything else is a thrill ride so I think I need to split the party up or just book the, and take a view that we take turns entertaining small person whilst others ride.

Animal Kingdom

Would be happy with just booking Safari and doing the nature trails here as favourite park.
Will book Everest as favourite ride but too much for a small child
Will book FOP if we can get it for two of us but other two not keen.

Last year our 3rd child wasn't born yet, so we went with a 4 and 2 year old. We just did kid rides all day and relaxed.

Depends on the 4 year old honestly. One kid, and four adults should be interesting. Can the 4 year old go on some of the coasters?

I suppose that’s one of the reasons I am on the forum - I’m not sure as I’ve never had to consider it.

She’s not my kid either so need to assume she is outgoing but not sure what size limits exist etc. I can’t imagine she would ride Splash for example but 7DMT should be ok.

I was just wondering this questions. We have family coming with us in December with three children, a five year old and two three year olds. Can’t decide between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. This is my first trip with small children. We were thinking Epcot due to so many height restrictions on rides at Hollywood Stuidos.

We are a family of 5 with a soon to be 4 yo and two tweens.

I have split fast passes for some rides. it's super easy to do.

check height requirements since this will determine what the little one can ride

When my DGD was that age we used to divide and conquer. We were usually able to find attractions for all of us to enjoy, however for a few we split up, and some of us took her to meet characters. She loved to meet her favorites, so while she patiently waited in lines with the ones who were not interested in the "thrill" rides, the others waited in their attraction lines.

We also found that this was a good time to take her for ice cream treats or something like that. She was happy to have her snacks while the others headed off in their own directions.

We found The Boneyard in the dinoland area of AK to be a great place for the kids to run off steam while the grownups took turns using EE FPs. The play area by the entrance to Splash works great for occupying a kid while some of the group rides BTMR then all of you head on Splash. I was shocked how much my kids (2.75 & 5.5) liked the parade.

I would find out the height of the kid so you know what they can and cannot go on, if they have any favorite characters and if they have ride preferences (dark rides, open air rides, thrill rides.) My youngest loves anything high, fast and outdoors like Astro Orbiter but is scared of the Pooh ride.

First check her height. When my grandson was 3 going on 4, if I remember correctly, he was only tall enough for Kali River Rapids. He found Pirates and Haunted too scary. We rode the Peoplemover a lot! He also liked the Ariel ride (as he called it), Pooh, Small World, etc. -- the more colorful, upbeat rides. Dumbo has a fantastic air conditioned play area! But as someone said, it all depends upon the kid what they'll like or not.

I'm not a thrill rider any more. So I enjoyed people-watching while he slept in the stroller or we'd snack or we'd find a play area or dance party or characters or something near the thrill ride. He loved playing with a bubble gun we got him -- just laughing and chasing bubbles. There's usually something small-kid-friendly near enough to the thrill rides. For instance I'd ride the train around the park while others rode Splash and Big Thunder or play in the area under the RR. Near Everest, there's the little game area with the Boneyard and Triceratop Spin. Peoplemover near Space. etc.

Since you asked, 7DMT will be too intense for a 3/4 year old. So will BTMR, Splash and SDD. Not to mention the fact that unless she's a giant she won't be tall enough ;)

Do alternative kiddie rides for the child and one or two adults while the rest ride the coasters. For example, Winnie the Pooh is right near 7DMT. Tom Sawyer Island is close to BTMR and Splash and she will LOVE exploring it. Alien Swirling Saucers instead of SDD, NRJ while the others ride FOP, etc. At Epcot, the whole group will like Spaceship earth. Some others that were a hit with our kids: Living with the Land, Nemo & Turtle talk with Crush.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!