Best Rides for All Ages

Zaptrem2

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Will be going to Disney in February with a 4 year old, 7 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old, an 17 year old. Anyone have some recommendations for rides that all ages will enjoy?

Might sound crazy, but my family (ages 3-63) all loved the PeopleMover, lol! Other top picks for us were Frozen Ever After, Buzz Lightyear Spin, Dumbo, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and the Festival of the Lion King (a show, not a ride). Those 10 and up will probably appreciate the humor on the Jungle Cruise, might go over the heads of the younger ones.

It honesty depends on the mindset of your older kids going in. Are they going to think that any "kiddie" ride is lame? Or are they into checking in with their younger selves and enjoying rides that might not be deemed "cool"?

I would say the tea cups would be fun, especially if the older kids take one, where they can spin as much as they like, and the younger ones take the other, where you can keep it more low key (or not, depending!). If the younger kids aren't afraid of the dark or spooky things, Pirates and Haunted Mansion would probably be fun for all, especially with how the cars line up at the extra fun part of Haunted Mansion, where you'll all be able to see each other. Peter Pan's Flight is probably another.

Definitely agree with the Safari at AK too! The rapids might be another fun one there, also.

If your kids have seen the Pirates movies I would also recommend Pirates of the Caribbean as to other rides it gets tough. How adventurous are your kids? I have to beg my 17 year old just to get on Goofy's Barnstormer she insists that this coaster for preschoolers is scary.

Hi,

Will be going to Disney in February with a 4 year old, 7 year old, 10 year old, 15 year old, an 17 year old. Anyone have some recommendations for rides that all ages will enjoy?

This is a tough one. Because quite honestly there are 15 and 17 year olds who will deny wanting to go on Dumbo, BUT ITS DUMBO.

In Magic Kingdom: I'd say the mountains: space, thunder, splash usually entertain everyone who is tall enough to ride and who like coasters. Pirates of the caribbean is a classic as is Haunted Mansion.

Can’t the older kids ride the coasters by themselves? My kids wanted all the big rides once they were tall enough!

MK - at the MK most rides are all family friendly and classic for all ages. The only area your older one's may want to pass on is Peter Pan and Dumbo. Depending on the height of your 4 yr old, they may not be able to do Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad or Space Mountain.

EP - Soarin' will be a fan favorite if your youngest is tall enough. Same for Test Track. Your older one's may or may not be interested in Turtle Talk with Crush ( depends on if they are Nemo fans ) but there is enough for them to check out at the rest of the facility if you wanted to take the youngest to the show. Living with the Land is a great ride that gets ou off your tired feet for awhile.

HS - Rock and Roller and Tower of Terror will be mostly for the older kids as the youngest probably won't be tall enough. Toy Story Mania is wonderful and everyone can have a lot of fun with that one. Indiana Jones show is also a lot of fun as well as Star Tours ( that one can also be a height issue )

AK - I haven't been to the Pandora area yet but it's all the buzz. It's a Bugs Life is a fun show for all ages and same with the Finding Nemo show.

Those are just some ideas, but I would check the height requirements for the rides ( listed on the Disney site ) as you plan.

Last trip I had a 4,6,8,10,12,14 year olds.
They loved Soarin’, 7 dwarves mine, Peter Pan, Toy Story, Frozen, Haunted Mansion, Pirates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!