Best Rides To Experience at Night?

Expedition Everest!!! I'm surprised not mentioned yet! Difficult to do if you only go during short days when the park closes early or if you go when the sun goes down late and will certainly NEVER happen when everyone keeps calling AK a half day park and suggests you leave by noon or 1. If you go the right time of year and make this a priority, you will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
ABsolutly Jungle Cruise! My teens figured this out years ago. Going inside the tunnel is absolutely frightening when you can’t see the light at the end of it

All the outdoor rides are good at night, but Everest is insane after dark. If you ride at night and go back the next day and ride in the daylight it will seem like it's in slow motion. Great coaster and even greater at night!

All the outdoor rides are good at night, but Everest is insane after dark. If you ride at night and go back the next day and ride in the daylight it will seem like it's in slow motion. Great coaster and even greater at night!

The best thing about Everest at night is that the line almost disappears. We rode 5 times in just over 30 minutes early this summer.

Every single outdoor ride is better at night

^THIS

But ones that may actually go above and beyond better ...

... Jungle Cruise
... Dumbo
... 7DMT
... AstroOrbiter
... Test Track (so the backstage doesn't stand out)

Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are better at night ...
because the darkness as you approach plays into the atmosphere.

Splash Mountain - the view of the castle is amazing before u drop (according to my husband - I can’t look - I make him take a photo)
This. The very first time we rode Splash Mountain was at night about 20 minutes before fireworks. I was so caught up in admiring the view of the castle that I didn’t even think to feel scared of the drop! The view of the castle during the day is nice, too, but doesn’t even compare how spectacular it looked from up there.

We love People Mover at night too. Actually we only seem to ride it at night so I have no comparison there, but we always save it for the evening.

TOT is pretty cool at night I think. I like walking the cue at night. Also Big Thunder is awesome but even when in line it's cooler at night. It feels more rushed, but not in a bad way at night? if that even makes sense. It's like the sound is louder or exaggerated at night when in the cue. HM is cool cause it's a haunted mansion. Mine train like others have said is very cool at night.

I love the parks at night. It just feels so different. Animal Kingdom when it is not busy is awesome at night to just stroll. Sorry I got off topic, but the cues and walks add to the ride experience I feel.

I know this is a strange one but I love Haunted Mansion at night. There is nothing like coming out of the ride in the dark. Very spooky!!

TOT is pretty cool at night I think. I like walking the cue at night. Also Big Thunder is awesome but even when in line it's cooler at night. It feels more rushed, but not in a bad way at night? if that even makes sense. It's like the sound is louder or exaggerated at night when in the cue. HM is cool cause it's a haunted mansion. Mine train like others have said is very cool at night.

I love the parks at night. It just feels so different. Animal Kingdom when it is not busy is awesome at night to just stroll. Sorry I got off topic, but the cues and walks add to the ride experience I feel.

I agree that the cues really do add to the ride experience. Pandora will be new for us and I’m super excited to see it.

I agree that the cues really do add to the ride experience. Pandora will be new for us and I’m super excited to see it.
It’s pretty cool over there. I get lost all the time at night over there. Even though it isn’t a huge area. Lol. Eat at the counter service over there. I think it’s awesome!

Expedition Everest!!! I'm surprised not mentioned yet! Difficult to do if you only go during short days when the park closes early or if you go when the sun goes down late and will certainly NEVER happen when everyone keeps calling AK a half day park and suggests you leave by noon or 1. If you go the right time of year and make this a priority, you will not be disappointed.

We rode EE right at sunset this week, and it was so beautiful! We rode it again a bit after dark, and it was cool that way, too!

I can't believe no one has said FOP and NRJ are better after dark. The whole Pandora area after dark is amazing. After walking around with the bioluminescence effect, it really sets the stage for the ride. Then when you come out, it's like a continuation of the world. I rode both at RD one day, did a FP in for FOP in the afternoon another day, and then returned at park close to ride them again. I found the experience so much more immersive after dark.

Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are better at night

I was afraid to mention these! But I swear HM looks different on the inside at night (maybe because of the lead-in) and those moments of being so high above the neon of Hollywood make ToT nice at night.

I'd add my vote for the Swiss Family Treehouse (though an attraction, not a ride), it's kinda creepy in the dark, at the top with no one around.

I was afraid to mention these! But I swear HM looks different on the inside at night (maybe because of the lead-in) and those moments of being so high above the neon of Hollywood make ToT nice at night.

I'd add my vote for the Swiss Family Treehouse (though an attraction, not a ride), it's kinda creepy in the dark, at the top with no one around.

For sure. We used to go to top to watch fireworks but then the trees really matured and blocked the view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!