Best room at POP ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We would like to be on a top floor (less noise from above) and not a pool or dumpster view.
We would also like to avoid road or parking lot view.
With the above criteria -
What is the best building we should ask for ?
Thank you

Assuming you have a standard room booked, any of the buildings in the 60's or70's or building 3 in the 50's should fit your criteria.

Could we ask for a top floor corner room in the 60's or 70's
Standard room the 1st week of May

Is that a too specific request ?

Then no connecting room door - and more quiet

It is specific, but sure youcan request it. Why not?

Too specific. Five total requests.

No rooms abut a road, although quite obviously many standard rooms face parking lots. Yes, some rooms in a couple of buildings face a road, but separated by the aforementioned parking lots.

Are you going to spend so much time either standing in your room's window or open doorway, or outside your room leaning over the railing of the public walkway that a dumpster at ground level will even matter?

A standard room at Pop has many options that aren’t facing the parking lot. You can even request to be facing the lake (although I don’t know how quiet that is now). I’ve always requested top floor, usually 50s section and twice now I have been in building 3 facing the 60s section. It is quiet, and close to the main buildings. I’ve also had a pool view in the 90s and that was surprisingly quiet too. You can make as many requests as you want, just know the more requests you make the less likely you are to get any of them. I’ve done 3 and had all 3 met recently. I would choose either 60s or 70s, though, I wouldn’t put both down.

In all my stays at POP I have only requested close to busses and I've always had a room either lakeview or overlooking a courtyard. In 5-6 stays I've never had a parking lot view. I've never had loud neighbors either. I guess I've had a lot of pixie dust :)

There isn't a "best" room. Best depends on each person's preferences. Determine what few feature you want in a room, and request those.

I personally like any room near the lake and bridge. Very quiet and seems more of a moderate back there. So to speak.

Our go to request is always 50’s, 4th floor, fireworks view. In that order due to preferences of request. There are parking lot views in some of these locations but it’s never been a bother to us.

Sometimes we get all requests, sometimes we don’t and end up in even better locations.

Go on touringplans.com and you can put in locations, floor etc and it will show you what the room category is, the view and how far the walking distance is to the lobby, trans, pool etc.

A standard room at Pop has many options that aren’t facing the parking lot. You can even request to be facing the lake (although I don’t know how quiet that is now). I’ve always requested top floor, usually 50s section and twice now I have been in building 3 facing the 60s section. It is quiet, and close to the main buildings. I’ve also had a pool view in the 90s and that was surprisingly quiet too. You can make as many requests as you want, just know the more requests you make the less likely you are to get any of them. I’ve done 3 and had all 3 met recently. I would choose either 60s or 70s, though, I wouldn’t put both down.

Wondering why a lake view isn't quiet? Never been to Pop but wouldn't it be a quieter side considering that you are not facing a pool or other rooms or where others hang out?

Wondering why a lake view isn't quiet? Never been to Pop but wouldn't it be a quieter side considering that you are not facing a pool or other rooms or where others hang out?

When the OP posted that, the Gondola construction was is full force. The Gondola Station is on the bridge that goes over the lake. So there was potential for noise with a lake view at that time. No worries now.

When the OP posted that, the Gondola construction was is full force. The Gondola Station is on the bridge that goes over the lake. So there was potential for noise with a lake view at that time. No worries now.
Awesome. Thanks for clarifying.

When I posted that, the gondola construction was pretty active still I believe. I know when we stayed last summer, it was quite noisy by the lake.
There's plenty of trees between the buildings, and when we've stayed in the 50s facing the 60s, we've never heard a peep out of anyone hanging out outside their room. The pool views can be noisy, though I've stayed in a pool view in the 80/90s, and it was surprisingly quiet.

When I posted that, the gondola construction was pretty active still I believe. I know when we stayed last summer, it was quite noisy by the lake.
There's plenty of trees between the buildings, and when we've stayed in the 50s facing the 60s, we've never heard a peep out of anyone hanging out outside their room. The pool views can be noisy, though I've stayed in a pool view in the 80/90s, and it was surprisingly quiet.
Am guessing a pool view in the other two areas would be noisier? We booked basic standard anyways.
That would be annoying with the gondola construction going on, but hopefully all done and ready soon.

It sounds like what you are hoping for is a quiet room. That will depend entirely upon your neighbors. I have had to deal with noisy neighbors occasionally over the years, at all levels of Disney resort.

Personally I have stayed in every area of Pop except the 70’s, on all floors, corners and not. Other than the occasional toilet flush, all the non-connecting rooms were very quiet, whether first floor or top floor. The one time I had a connecting room, it was very easy to hear the neighbors even when they weren’t being especially noisy.

So if it is quiet you want, I would limit the requests to “top floor” and “non-connecting” and cross your fingers for considerate neighbors.

It sounds like what you are hoping for is a quiet room. That will depend entirely upon your neighbors. I have had to deal with noisy neighbors occasionally over the years, at all levels of Disney resort.

Personally I have stayed in every area of Pop except the 70’s, on all floors, corners and not. Other than the occasional toilet flush, all the non-connecting rooms were very quiet, whether first floor or top floor. The one time I had a connecting room, it was very easy to hear the neighbors even when they weren’t being especially noisy.

So if it is quiet you want, I would limit the requests to “top floor” and “non-connecting” and cross your fingers for considerate neighbors.
So true...luck of the draw on who you get as neighbours. Thanks so much for the tip...am noting non-connecting and top floor. Yes, quiet is one of the important things for us in a room, as well as convenient to main QS area for breakfast and transportation (bus or skyliner - which I know are different areas). We booked standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter