Best Salad?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by wcw57, Oct 5, 2018.

1. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

My thoughts exactly. My wife now makes the same salad - love the dressing. And after a nice light salad you can absolutely stuff yourself with the other offerings especially the Bread Pudding. :):):)

FSU Girl likes this.
  2. goofygal531

goofygal531 Always planning...

Mine too!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ShirikiUtundu

ShirikiUtundu Cursed Idol

Saratoga salad @ Artist's Palette
    Cobb @ HBD

5. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

My new favorite salad is the Southern Salad at House of Blues, and I top it with pulled smoked chicken (so flavorful!).

I also like the Spinach & Kale Chopped at Homecomin' (I bet you could swap the spinach for mixed greens), the Chicken Strawberry Salad at The Plaza, and the Mixed Green Salad at Boathouse.

Counter service options are not as good IMO but I do like the salad base at Satu'li. Do NOT order the salad at Flame Tree; it was disgusting and went straight in the trash :/

6. ckb_nc

ckb_nc Mouseketeer

Make your own salad at POR is not bad for counter service

7. pkrieger2287

pkrieger2287 Disney Dreamer

Just recently had the Grilled Chicken Salad from Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch... It was amazing.

8. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

you guys know your salads.....

take THAT you meat and potatoes guys

Texans_loyal likes this.
  9. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

We went over there twice when we were staying at OKW just to get the salad.

10. jemlover

jemlover Mouseketeer

I'm not a salad lover but my husband loved the Cobb salad at Brown Derby lounge and also raves about the salad that comes with the skillet at Whispering Canyon. I think they also have a similar salad at Roaring Fork at the Wilderness Lodge. I believe that it has an apple vinaigrette and includes chicken in the Roaring Fork version.

11. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

It is really good! It is also huge. I usually get the kid's salad.

12. nicole0992

nicole0992 DIS Veteran

I had a bunch of different QS salads in August. I loved them all except the entree Antipasto salad at Pinocchio's. It was disgusting and the meat was low quality. I couldn't eat it and returned it. However, the antipasto salad from PizzaRizzo was great! Very fresh and better Italian meats. Another great one is the Mediterranean Salad with Chicken from ABC Commissary. It was like a Greek salad and came with a pita type flatbread and hummus. I loved it and had it twice. The Chicken Cobb from Liberty Inn was really large portion and delicious. Also, the chicken salad from La Cantina in Epcot was very fresh and delicious. I also tried was the new salad (at the time) at Columbia Harbour House. It was called the Harbour salad and had cantaloupe and more traditional Cobb ingredients. It was very lightly dressed and great on a hot day. Hope this helps!

13. jillt2ph

jillt2ph DIS Veteran

I know we are discussing entree salads, but I just wanted to give side salads a shout out. There are 3 I really enjoy...1. The mixed greens salad at Chefs de France; 2. The salad served with the AYCTE platter at Liberty Tree Tavern (which is the declaration salad, I think); and 3. Cousin Amy's wedge salad at 50s PTC. Honorable mention to the salad at Whispering Canyon, but the cornbread my sway my vote a little there :)

14. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

My favorite is the seared tuna salad at Yak & Yeti.

15. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

I also feel obligated to say the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby. It was divine.

If I didn’t want to check out new places, I’d be eating there again in January for the salad.

16. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

You kind people have mostly listed restaurants INSIDE the parks....what about other spots?

17. Arielfan98

Arielfan98 All Star Resorts Fan

I really enjoyed the appetizer salad at Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club. I shared it with my sister and they were kind enough to split in half for us. Believe me when I say the half portion was huge! It was half a head of lettuce!

18. Ksquared

Ksquared Mouseketeer

This thread has been very helpful to me. I generally eat allot of salads and now I know who has the best...which means I may have to alter some dining to include places that have great salads.....seems i'm the only family member to appreciate a good salad!

19. ckb_nc

ckb_nc Mouseketeer

I made it again last week between Studios and Epcot - the salad was delightful, it was quiet and cool and a quick hop to Frech quarter for some amazing Pumpkin Spice Beignets - what a great meal

Satchmo128 likes this.
  20. IsThatYouTigger

IsThatYouTigger Mouseketeer

You have to be staying at the Polynesian because it's at the Oasis Pool Bar behind the gates, but the Oasis Salad is delicious! I had it twice last week.

21. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

It's super simple, but the Wedge Salad at BOATHOUSE is probably my favorite salad EVER!