Best sandals for fussy feet?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
I remember when I was a kid growing up near Disneyland. Ran around the park all day in cheap sandals or tennis shoes.
Now, turning 62 and my feet are fussy, if I don’t have the right arch planters fasciitis kicks up. If there is any rubbing I get hot spots and blisters. We are going in October, and I have ordered 10 different pairs trying to find ones that will go the distance. Rainbows flip flops do well, but I’d like to find a sandal with a heel strap.
The Clarks are comfy but cause rubbing on the soles of my feet. The chacos straps chafe. The Eccos are too stiff in the sole. The keens are too confining. I can tape up the princess feet with moleskin but am looking for a better solution. I do take my vionic sneakers but my feet get hot. Your go to in 2020?

Last edited:
Chacos - the full straps and not the original toe loop - work wonders for me. High arch so provides great support. If you have medium arch or flat feet then might be very painful.

Also like Teva Hurricane or Terra-Fi. Great teethy grip that makes me more secure on wet pavement and cobblestones. Less $ than Chacos.

I remember when I was a kids growing up new Disneyland. Rand around the park all day in cheap sandals or tennis shoes.
Now, turning 62 and my feet are fussy, if I don’t have the right arch planters fasciitis kicks up. If there is. Any rubbing I get hot spots and blisters, we are going in October, and I have ordered 10 different pairs trying to find ones that will to the distance. Rainbows flip flops do well, but I’d like to find a sandal with a heels strap.
the Clark’s are comfy but cause rubbing on the soles of my feet. The chaos straps chafe. The Eccos are too stiff in the isle. The keens are too confining. I can tape up the princess feet with moleskin but am looking for a better solution. I dotake my vionic sneakers but my feet get hot. Your go to in 2020?
Waterproof Tevas

I can go all day in the Taos Trulie...pricey, but worth it for my flat feet that need good sturdy arch support.

I have worn Sketcher Trailway sandel exclusively since 2011 for every single WDW trip. I can wear them all day and my feet will not hurt. I have VERY particular feet and they hurt so easily. These provide incredible support. They have several versions, but the Trailway is what works for me. I have them in so many different colors and would never go to disney without them.

For me with my planters fasciitis I don't ever wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row, never barefoot, crocs with socks make the best "slippers" and around the house for me at home, Advil & rolling a frozen water bottle under my foot-at WDW I take ziploc baggies and put ice in them and set my foot on them. And Aveda foot lotion helps after at days in the parks.

We are the same age. After three foot surgeries and 64 marathons over the last three decades - ONLY good running shoes for me in the parks. I do have a couple of pairs of Brooks Disney themed running shoes that I love. They are fun to wear AND not only do they help my feet but the knees, back, and hips too after lots of walking.

We are the same age. After three foot surgeries and 64 marathons over the last three decades - ONLY good running shoes for me in the parks. I do have a couple of pairs of Brooks Disney themed running shoes that I love. They are fun to wear AND not only do they help my feet but the knees, back, and hips too after lots of walking.
Brooks Disney themed? Really? Tell me more. I wear Brooks all the time. My sandal is the Teva tirra. But most of the time I wear my Brooks.

SAS {San Antonio Shoes} are very comfy, but pricey. May not be easy to find and only sold in certain stores. I now order on line because I'm familiar with them, but that can be risky. Options of narrow, wide, and extra wide, and many styles. Some are a bit "old lady", but others aren't. (PS. I'm now an old lady.........sigh). To avoid blisters, I always switch shoes every other day, and sometimes during the day, if we're back at the room.

Brooks Disney themed? Really? Tell me more. I wear Brooks all the time. My sandal is the Teva tirra. But most of the time I wear my Brooks.
I said Brooks and should have said New Balance. My Brooks are my red/white/blue patriotic shoes. However, you can find Disney New Balance running shoes online. There are gray/black Mickeys with red laces. Hot Pink Minnies. Red Minnies. Light Blue Cinderella's. Green Tinkerbell's. Etc. Etc. I have purchased mine new but after races at WDW when they are bought out by the New Balance outlet stores in FL near WDW. I have gotten mine for half price. I don't just wear them at Disney. I wear them with shorts and matching t-shirts at home too. You could probably Google New Balance outlets in FL to get phone numbers. I know because of COVID races have been canceled. I would assume at some point there will be a glut of Disney running shoes as so many people purchase at the races and there are none at this time. You can also find them on eBay BUT people ask crazy prices for them. More than they cost new in some cases. Maybe collectors pay the higher prices. I am actually buying them to wear. They are fun and bold in colors.

JBU by Jambu has several varieties of shoes that you might like. Don't buy from their website though, because they are never on sale there. Zappos carries some of them, but you can find them on sale at better prices at regional stores (for example, Belks in the south). Zulily often has them in stock for great prices, but they sell out quickly. Also check Amazon, as they often have them at prices comparable to Zulily. I have only worn the sandal style Mary Janes, but they are amazingly comfortable for me. I do find that my size varies by style, and I go up 1/2 size in certain types but not others. You can read online reviews to see how most people find they fit. Good luck!

I guess I am old school, I wear Birkenstocks, and I have worn them whole days in the parks...they have never done me wrong, been 25 years. That said, they have a certain "break in" period, so I would never buy a brand new pair and then wear them the first time 8 or 10 hours at an amusement park.

Shoes fit everyone different. What is a great comfortable shoe or sandal for one person might not be a good fit for you. Best advice go to a good shoe store and get properly fitted. Try on and take home and wear inside so you can return if uncomfortable.

I like Vionic after foot surgery, ankle surgery and arthritis in foot.

I agree with cedricandsophie - Oofos are very supportive and comfortable. I don't like wearing sandals all day, but I can do it with my Oofos. What I have are a pair of slides and a thong-style pair. The material they are made of has the ability to give just a little while adding firm support the the whole foot. They are also totally washable, with no down time for drying like leather

I remember when I was a kid growing up near Disneyland. Ran around the park all day in cheap sandals or tennis shoes.
Now, turning 62 and my feet are fussy, if I don’t have the right arch planters fasciitis kicks up. If there is any rubbing I get hot spots and blisters. We are going in October, and I have ordered 10 different pairs trying to find ones that will go the distance. Rainbows flip flops do well, but I’d like to find a sandal with a heel strap.
The Clarks are comfy but cause rubbing on the soles of my feet. The chacos straps chafe. The Eccos are too stiff in the sole. The keens are too confining. I can tape up the princess feet with moleskin but am looking for a better solution. I do take my vionic sneakers but my feet get hot. Your go to in 2020?

I have some experience with Planters Fasciitis... and I had started down the road with all those insert...
My doctor ( GP) suggested that I go see a massage therapist, she gave me the person that she use's and it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself... She does medical therapeutic massage, and not the normal Swedish or Spa type... I see her once a month and it has changed my life... She gave me simple stretching movements to do at home to keep the muscle stretched out.... the best thing for planters faciitis is a simple stretch... stand on a step on the balls of your feet and drop your heels down toward the bottom step, ten times, and do it a few times a day, only lower till you feel a pull, do not over do it... now I can stand on my tip toes and go all the way to dropping my heels down, without my feet and legs shaking... at first I could feel it just around my ankle... I have been doing it for over a year now, and now I feel it behind my knees... I still do it several times a day, and its simple to do and you can do it anywhere really... As well as some simple stretching exercises... has made a complete difference in my life... and the therapy ball I use to sit on to strengthen my core, I started out with 5 minutes at a time 4 or 5 times a day... now I can do 20 minutes twice a day...

Another thing she told me is that that wearing good socks is important, the ones that offer support around the arch of your foot... and she was like don't spend a ton on money on them, just something that hugs your arch, not so tight it cuts of proper circulation, and is breathable... as well you should always wear socks or footie's, so that your feet stay in the proper position in your shoes...

She said if you are going to walk alot wear a sneaker or loafer something to give you support... That walking all day in sandal or flip flops creates problems for your feet, as well as with your legs and lower back...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter