Best sandals for fussy feet?

Any of the Rockport Ridge designs with the back-strap are amazingly comfortable for me. Great arch and they are like walking on clouds!

Teva, Chacos, etc rub my soles raw. Vionics arches are too high for me. Skechers sandals usually have too little arch.

But my Rockport Ridge style with the straps are awesome. There are several designs and colors. I have 3 pairs. No blisters, no break in time.

I have a 4th pair without the strap, and while they are comfy, my arches ache after a while in them.

I’ve bought them through Amazon and Rockport online.

Last edited:
Sketchers all day long!! My feet are ruined from 18 years of ballet and I can wear sketchers for hours and hours without pain.

The only time I went to Disney was in February, it was in the 80s and I was pregnant. I wore my chacos like I do all summer long, and to our state fair all day, and hiking. My feet were killing me by the end of the first park day. I don't know if it was a combination of heat and being pregnant, or what. I could hardly walk that night and the next day. I switched to my tennis shoes and by the end of the week, they weren't bothering me. We're scheduled to go in October as well. I'm brining my chacos (once again, lived in them all summer, including on camping trips - lots of hiking), but I'll probobly stick to tennis shoes at the park, at least the first day.

I'm always shocked people can walk so much in flip flops. I can hardly stand to walk from the pool to my car with flip flops on! Let along all day at Disney or the state fair.

I have totally flat feet, no arches. I LIVE in Merrill sandals, open-toe, for Disneyland. I HATE having shoes on. merrills give me support and are so comfy!
We just booked wdw, I may need to use my asiics sneakers with an arch insert one of the 5 days, i have a tendon pull jn my ankle from the week muscles. But sandals? merrills all the way!

Is amazing what shoe each person declares is the 'best'!! But true ----
for them! Each person has to have their own personal fit of shoe to determine what is best for them - 'that' is going to be the 'only' shoe for you! No one can tell you what that one will be. Good luck :)
I have mine, but won't say as it will not be the one for you, our feet are so personal.

Shoes fit everyone different. What is a great comfortable shoe or sandal for one person might not be a good fit for you. Best advice go to a good shoe store and get properly fitted. Try on and take home and wear inside so you can return if uncomfortable.

I like Vionic after foot surgery, ankle surgery and arthritis in foot.

Yep, everyone is different. I like my Chacos - but for all day wear the straps and soles would wear my feet to shreds. I like actual athletic shoes for the parks - with socks of course! because well broken in running or walking shoes are supportive without chafing anywhere and don't require the extra effort of keeping the shoes on that a strapless sandal would. I've always wanted to like Keens (my husband adores his), but they kit my ankle bone wrong and are completely unwearable. If water rides are in the offing, I will slip a pair of cheap slip ons into the day bag and a large ziploc bag so my sneakers don't get wet. But I've never - not even in 100 degree heat - felt like my feet were the part of me that was too hot and sandals would help. If I'm hot, I'm hot - sandals aren't going to be the tipping point (shorts and a t-shirt on the other hand).

Oofos. My mom has physical therapist recommended them. Incredible support. Different styles. A bit pricey but well worth the cost to me

This is absolutely my go-to for Disney. In fact, I was introduced to them by a salesperson at the running store at Disney Springs. We were in the middle of our trip and my plantar fasciitis was acting up. He recommended the Oofos - said that runners use them to recover after a race. I LOVE them! So much so, that I've bought multiple pairs - one specifically for around the house. Good luck!

I remember when I was a kid growing up near Disneyland. Ran around the park all day in cheap sandals or tennis shoes.
Now, turning 62 and my feet are fussy, if I don’t have the right arch planters fasciitis kicks up. If there is any rubbing I get hot spots and blisters. We are going in October, and I have ordered 10 different pairs trying to find ones that will go the distance. Rainbows flip flops do well, but I’d like to find a sandal with a heel strap.
The Clarks are comfy but cause rubbing on the soles of my feet. The chacos straps chafe. The Eccos are too stiff in the sole. The keens are too confining. I can tape up the princess feet with moleskin but am looking for a better solution. I do take my vionic sneakers but my feet get hot. Your go to in 2020?
Did you try some of the Vionic sandals? I've got a couple I can ALMOST walk the whole day in at WDW - though I do typically start or end the day in sneakers as they aren't quite good enough for more than 6-7 hours for me.

I have totally flat fiesty feet and my Baretraps (with rebound technology) are my favorite park shoe EVER!! They are amazingly comfortable and have have a heal strap. The style i have they no longer sell but the "Deanna" style is the closest to it. They were great in the rain as well no slipping around. Highly recommend trying those out!

This is such a happy day ... I went onto Amazon to order a new pair of Merrell Terran Convertible II sandals for our upcoming Nov WDW trip ... this thread reminded me I was due for a new park sandal. I stick with Merrell because i know my plantar's fasciitis does not act up even after 12 hours in the parks in these things . After putting the Terran Convertible II sz 11s in my cart, I got a "you might also like" ... and it was the DISCONTINUED MERRELL sandal that I LOVE beyond all other sandals - the Siena. I have mourned the unavailability of this shoe since about 2014/15, when I had to switch styles. They had a few colors & sizes 6-10, and ONE lonely size 11 - what I need. ORDERED. I am absolutely giddy (should I be this giddy over a sandal? YES!). My son, doing his virtual 6th grade next to me ... "mom, are you going to be ok?" Most comfortable shoe in the world to me : Merrell Women's, Siena Sandal.

I live in my Fit Flops, they are podiatrist approved after 2 achillies tendon surgeries.

Don't wear the same shoes 2 days in a row, even if they are perfectly comfortable! Each pair rubs in a different spot and your feet with thank you!

Chacos - the full straps and not the original toe loop - work wonders for me. High arch so provides great support. If you have medium arch or flat feet then might be very painful.

Also like Teva Hurricane or Terra-Fi. Great teethy grip that makes me more secure on wet pavement and cobblestones. Less $ than Chacos.
I use Chacos almost exclusively in the parks. I have very bad feet--I literally can't find regular shoes to fit the width, and my feet are pretty flat. I usually buy Archepedicos for every day at home. Chacos are the only sandel that I can deal with aside from Crocs. It may take your feet a few times wearing the Chacos to get used to them, but I find some well-placed mole skin helps after a winter of not wearing them.

I don't get the kind that has the peg between the toes--can't stand that and it rubs my toes raw. I get the type with the adjustable band that runs along the top of the foot. Also, the fact that the straps/bands are adjustable makes it easy to adjust as the day goes on, whether the issue is loosening up due to wetness from rain etc., or the fact that sometimes feet swell when standing for long periods. I love my chacos, and my guy is on his second pair!

We could be the same person. No matter what I did, every single trip I was a patchwork of moleskin

then I found crocs. The big ugly Fred flint stone ones. They were awesome! Then Capri croc flip flops. I can do 12 mikes in them 👍🏻

skechers go walk are my other go to. These are the 2 shoes that have worked best for me. Not the $200 walking company sandals, not teva, not Clark, not any sneaker.

good luck, I hope you find the perfect vacation shoe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!