Best Secrets in Disneyland

*EWooWDW*

Teen WDW Queen
What is your absoulte BEST little secret about Disneyland?

Hey guys. I'm going to DL soon and have never been. I was wondering if there was anything that you would suggest that I do when I'm there. I know about the rides and shows but I was wondering about low-key, side attractions. For example in WDW in MGM at the Muppet 3D show you can find the key under the mat or at MK the wishing well near Cindy's Castle.

I love finding these things at WDW but I'd like a head's up for when I go in Feb.

Well in DL there is Club 33 an exclusive club for members only that I am trying to find out how I can join Lol. This is where Walt put microphones in the tables and listen to the guest talk while eating dinner. There is a wishing well by the castle. Hidden Mickeys, um you need to look for other things too and post! I can not think of anything right now.

flipturngirl said:
Well in DL there is Club 33 an exclusive club for members only that I am trying to find out how I can join Lol.
Yeah I heard about that. It's $7,500 to join then you have to pay about $1,500 every year after that.

Snow White's apple in Fantasyland.. look up at the window when you touch it.
Mickey climbs the matterhorn 2x.day
Sword in the stone is a great little show.
Look for the parrot at The Jungle Cruise.. might even see the snake (in the waiting lines ;))
I will try to think of more

It's no secret, but there are fifty "50" logos placed around the park, and it's kind of fun to seek them out. The first 45 or so are fairly easy to find, but those last 4 or 5 might be a challenge. A few hints:

- They're always visible from walkways - you don't have to get on any ride to see them.

- Each one you see on the Main Street lampposts counts.

- There's a map available in City Hall when you decide you're stumped.

Not really a secret but easy to miss...if you are in line for Peter Pan in Fantasy Land and you look up at the big window in the castle across, the Wicked Queen peeks out of the curtains. It happens fairly often but we were in DL 20 times or more before we noticed it! :blush:

Walt Disney had an apartment above the Fire Station where he'd often work/spend the night inside the park. To this day, there's always a light left on in the window in his memory.

Another fun little spot to sit and watch people on Main St. is on a front porch on the right (if you're facing the castle) where there are rocking chairs to sit in.

Be sure to NOT MISS Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (if the 50th anniversary tribute is gone) on Main St. Many pass this by and it's incredible.

There's a lovely little fountain/grotto/wishing well with Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs to the right of the castle. If you listen carefully, you'll hear her singing.

Take time to visit the Disney Gallery above Pirates of the Caribbean in New Orleans Square. It's a lovely spot with interesting things to see, along with a restful and QUIET little courtyard to explore.

FINALLY, there's a bent pole in the queue for Indiana Jones. It has a sign nearby warning "Do Not Touch" or "Pull" or some sort of warning. Pull on it and you'll hear some cool sound effects.

I'm sure there are many more, but right now that's all my tired mind can come up with!

Another one on Indy is in the projector room. The ride is situated where the old car park used to be (Eeyore section) and in the rafters is an old sign from the Eeyore section. It's high up but look hard enough and you will see it - it's blue.

There's also a hidden Mickey in that room too. It's right down the end on the far left hand side of the room on the wall. It's made up of cracks and wear on the wall. ;)

We met Mickey, Minnie, Aladdin, Aurora, Prince Phillip, Snow White, Goofy, Pinnochio and Alice in Wonderland all in a 30 minute time span. We stood outside of the character entrance/exit at the front of the park. If you walk through the tunnels, before Main Street, look to the right. You will see a large black and white mural made up of thousands of tiny pictures. At this gate is where you can find characters coming and going. They are happy to sign autographs and pose for a picture if you can catch them there, It was a great way for my kids to meet the characters, and they felt special, because they had not waited in a long line and the characters truly acted happy to see them.

If you watch Fantasmic! from the Hungry Bear Restaurant Terrace, you get a nice "backstage" view. (if you can see Fantasmic! only once, go for the regular view!!!!!)

The telegraph at the Frontierland station "sends" Walt's dedication speech in land line code.

There's a hidden Mickey on the golfbal Michael Eisner "swings" your way on Soarin'.

You can "steer" the Mark Twain if you ask the captain.

I've been to Club 33, the exclusive club in DisneyLand.

DH worked for an appliance/TV/audio store and received tickets through Mitsubishi. We visited Club 33 twice. My understanding is that the membership is around $10,000 per year. When you get passes to Club 33, you get free entrance into the park. The door to Club 33 is right near Blue Bayou. There is a buzzer you have to use and give your reservation name and then you are "buzzed into" the building. When you enter, there is a staircase and an elevator that takes guests to the 2nd floor. For lunch, there is a buffet with seafood, cheeses, crackers, pasta bar, salad bar, etc. Full menu for dinner. Prices are $$$, but the food is good. Wait staff is good, first time they were a little "standoffish", better the second time. Very high class place!

SandraVB79 said:
If you watch Fantasmic! from the Hungry Bear Restaurant Terrace, you get a nice "backstage" view. (if you can see Fantasmic! only once, go for the regular view!!!!!)
That's an excellent one. I forgot about that. We had dinner at the Hungry Bear and sat right in the very corner (so had a great location for both looking straight ahead and to the side) and watched as the princesses got on and off of their floats (saw Aerial being lifted onto her rock, etc.) and the monkeys. And when the Mark Twain came by right at the end, the characters were still dancin and waving hysterically even though they were wayyyy past where the crowds stopped. It was Fantasmic! I mean Fantastic!!!!!! ;)

Deinitely do it if you can. Listening to the music and pyro the same way you do as if you are watching it from the RoA but seeing something completely different is amazing!! :goodvibes

Apparently there is like a 7 year waiting list to get membership to Club 33 too.

I never heard about the hidden microphones before!

My kids steered the Mark Twain on our last trip--lots of fun. You even get a certificate 'signed' by Walt.
You can also be in the front of the Monorail if you are the first one to ask.

The microphones are in the Trophy Room...usually, larger parties eat in there. I have only been able to eat in that side of the restaurant twice.

Also, the lunch buffet has changed to make room for the bar that was installed in the hallway/buffet area. You no longer get the pasta or main courses at the buffet area. Instead, you order your main course from the waiter. I personally love this. I end up eating tons of seafood (crabs claws...mmm) and usually order a beef or fish for lunch.

This is such a great board! My son is handicapped and absolutely loves paddle wheel boats. We live in Cincinnati and go to Tall Stacks whenever it takes place here. When we come to DL for the first time in May 06 I am definitely going to try to get him the chance to steer the Mark Twain!!! He would be so happy!!!

Thanks for all the great info!!

kella said:
This is such a great board! My son is handicapped and absolutely loves paddle wheel boats. We live in Cincinnati and go to Tall Stacks whenever it takes place here. When we come to DL for the first time in May 06 I am definitely going to try to get him the chance to steer the Mark Twain!!! He would be so happy!!!

Thanks for all the great info!!
Aww I'm glad that this helped you. Thanks to everyone else that posted. It's going to make for a great trip. Keep posting your ideas!

Another great one I wasn't sure I wanted to even post here because it is so secret! :)

You can get a GREAT spot for fantasmic showing up about 20 minutes before showtime. Head to the center of the Rivers of America and stand behind the tower that is not lifted off the ground (there are three total, you will see the ones on the left and right in the air and the center one on the ground). No one stands there because they think it will block their view. Well, about ten minutes before showtime, that tower lifts up giving you the perfect view right in the center of the river. Everyone runs to get a spot here after the tower goes up. Just be sure to get there BEFORE it rises and you will be shocked at how great the view is.

GreenGirl8 said:
Another great one I wasn't sure I wanted to even post here because it is so secret! :)

You can get a GREAT spot for fantasmic showing up about 20 minutes before showtime. Head to the center of the Rivers of America and stand behind the tower that is not lifted off the ground (there are three total, you will see the ones on the left and right in the air and the center one on the ground). No one stands there because they think it will block their view. Well, about ten minutes before showtime, that tower lifts up giving you the perfect view right in the center of the river. Everyone runs to get a spot here after the tower goes up. Just be sure to get there BEFORE it rises and you will be shocked at how great the view is.

Great secret. So great, I probably wouldn't have posted it myself. But Im glad you did. I will have to use it next time I see Fantasmic.

My kids loved the Junior Chefs chocolate chip cookie baking activity (kinda tucked off in a corner and unadvertised). They got to bake cookies, got to eat 2 warm chocolate chip cookies after :sunny: , got souvenir chefs hats to wear that day and take home, and the chefs helping them were just great. When done, right around the corner from the baking area were Mary Poppins and Bert the Chimney Sweep coloring at a table of the veranda. My kids went over and colored and chatted with them uninterrupted for over 20 minutes. This was at the height of tourist season! Just keep your eyes open in the little corners. We also discovered "Push" the talking garbage can along with Peter Pan and Wendy in a small corner just before the entrance to Tomorrowland. Only a very small cluster of kids around and the kids were fascinated. Also got to steer the Mark Twain boat...what a neat experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter