Best Secrets in Disneyland

- Indiana Jones – Are there still “Do not touch” or “Pull” warning signs we have to ignore?

Yep! There's a pole in the spike room that says do not touch but if you shake it, the room shakes like the spikes are about to fall, and there's a rope you're not supposed to pull. if you pull it you can hear the voice of an excavator yelling (he yells like six different things depending) and then a crash.
These don't work all the time, because they always have to reset after someone does them. I've never had the pole work before (but I know it's still there at least), but I've had the rope one work multiple times.
One time my aunt got mad at me for pulling the rope because she thought the sign was real...

As I didn’t have anything to do at work yesterday, besides read Disboards, I have made a list of a lot of secrets in here. As the thread started in 2005, can anyone see if there are things that do not exist/work anymore?

There must be more, specially from DCA, an area as huge as Carsland must have dozens of secret things to spot.

- Main Street – Can you still hear a piano lesson / tourist waking up / dental appointment in the alleys? - yes
- Main Street – Does it still smell of vanilla through the grates (and of peppermint during the holiday season?) - yes
- Mad Hatter shop – Does the Chesire Cat still appear in the glass behind the counter? - yes
- Popcorn machines – The little men turning the wheels, still all different per cart? - yes
- Fantasyland – Is there still the stake that marks the center of the park? - no, the gold marker is there but it never marked the center of the park.
- Indiana Jones – Are there still “Do not touch” or “Pull” warning signs we have to ignore? - yes but these have a reset period so you have to be lucky with the timing, also it is usually loud so the sound effects can be hard to hear.
- Frontierland Station – Does the telegraph "sends" Walt's dedication speech in land line code. - yes, the first line iirc.
- Matterhorn – Is there still the cast of the Abominable Snowman's foot outside of Matterhorn? - yes
- Toontown – Should we still try to open the door by the Electric company? - yes
- Monsters Inc – Does it still smell of sushi in the room where you go by the sushi place? - ginger, actually

I've commented on the ones I know the answers to!

As I didn’t have anything to do at work yesterday, besides read Disboards, I have made a list of a lot of secrets in here. As the thread started in 2005, can anyone see if there are things that do not exist/work anymore?

There must be more, specially from DCA, an area as huge as Carsland must have dozens of secret things to spot.

- Snow White – Can you still hear the queen/hag laugh when you touch the apple?

Yes. There are multiple laughs so if you get caught in line next to it you can have fun hearing them all!

- Snow White’s well – Can you still hear her sing?

Yes.

- Indiana Jones – Are there still “Do not touch” or “Pull” warning signs we have to ignore?

Yes. The "do not pull" rope definitely is working. The ceiling dropping/spikes effect is not one that I've seen, though I know at one point it did work. There is still a "bamboo" support pole that you can move in one queue room.

- Frontierland Station – Does the telegraph "sends" Walt's dedication speech in land line code.

Yep!

Responded to the ones I witnessed just last weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter