Best Secrets in Disneyland

They have 9 different buttons you can get. I'll post pictures of them tonight but they are

Birthday
Anniversary
Engagement
Wedding
Honorary Citizen (being discontinued)
Volunteer
Celebration
1st visit
Graduation

The engagement button has been discontinued, the Volunteer button was on given during the "Give a Day Get a Day" promotion a few years ago, and there's a couple that I don't see on your list. Here are the current buttons at DLR:

Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Just Married
Graduation
I'm Celebrating
Honorary Citizen
1st Visit
Happily Ever After
Family Reunion.

There there are also the buttons that you can get at Cars Land:

photo-36.jpg

Lastly, there are buttons at the various character meals, like Goofy's Kitchen.

HTH,
Dreams

The engagement button has been discontinued, the Volunteer button was on given during the "Give a Day Get a Day" promotion a few years ago, and there's a couple that I don't see on your list. Here are the current buttons at DLR:

Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Just Married
Graduation
I'm Celebrating
Honorary Citizen
1st Visit
Happily Ever After
Family Reunion.

There there are also the buttons that you can get at Cars Land:

photo-36.jpg

Lastly, there are buttons at the various character meals, like Goofy's Kitchen.

HTH,
Dreams

Thanks I actually haven't been to cars land yet... LOL I'm going tomorrow. Now I know what I have to search for.

The engagement button is hard to find but we were able to get it at the gift shop in Disneyland Hotel as well as the Honorary Citizen button. Your right about the volunteer button. I was just listing the buttons you could get from Guest Services or some shops.

How do you get the Cars Land buttons?

Hollywood Glitter said:
...The engagement button is hard to find but we were able to get it at the gift shop in Disneyland Hotel....
Interesting. The Just Engaged button has reportedly been retired for quite a while. Did you get it recently at DLH?

Hollywood Glitter said:
How do you get the Cars Land buttons?
At the various shops in Cars Land, they have them. I earned mine by answering trivia questions. Others have reported just being given them upon asking.

- Dreams

We are headed to Disneyland in the spring. Great thread with some awesome tips!

Disney Dreams said:
Interesting. The Just Engaged button has reportedly been retired for quite a while. Did you get it recently at DLH?

At the various shops in Cars Land, they have them. I earned mine by answering trivia questions. Others have reported just being given them upon asking.

- Dreams

I got it about 2 weeks ago. It was at Disneyland Hotel in the smaller gift shop.

Labor Day weekend can get here soon enough!! Thanks for all the tips!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just a tip some of the gift shops in the hotels have items the park is out of. They don't get as much traffic so they might still have that pin you are looking for or anything else. You can have the store call and find out for you.

I went back to DCA after about 5 years for the first time two weeks ago--many of you mentioned the flying carpet-I wish I had read this thread before --because I told DS to look up during that part--and he kept looking and . . . no flying carpet--so sad :(

I went back to DCA after about 5 years for the first time two weeks ago--many of you mentioned the flying carpet-I wish I had read this thread before --because I told DS to look up during that part--and he kept looking and . . . no flying carpet--so sad :(

Unfortunately became a liability, so sorry for your son. Been gone awhile now.

Jack

- Dreams

Just picked up the "Just Engaged" buttons for my daughter and fiancée on Saturday. The DLH had them.

Adults can go to the front of the monorail too. As noted previously, just ask the attendant. First come first served. Birthday button certainly helps though!

This is so awesome to know. We are DLR newbies going in June (been to WDW a dozen times or more). Ever since they took away that perk in WDW our family has been really bummed about it (we understand why though), my kids and DH will be so excited to see that we can hopefully ride in the front of the monorail on our trip :yay:.

I want to point out that I really love this thread and have been taking notes on the different secrets around DLR. Some of them I am sharing with my family and some I am keeping to myself and will make it a surprise when we are there :goodvibes. I am also making sure we all get our 1st Visit buttons when we check in, and I will be making DH wear his all week long :lmao:. June cannot get here soon enough!!!!!!

Brassy5000 said:
Has anyone seen or rode on the Lilly Belle in recent weeks?

B5K

The Main Street Station was undergoing renovation when I was there at the end of January. Since Lily Belle usually departs from there from what I understand I doubt she has been running recently.

I was just reading through this post (again, getting excited about our upcoming trip), so I thought I'm bump it and see if anyone has found any awesome NEW secrets lately?

On my last visit I went to Trader Sams with my mom. We shared drinks and an appetizer at the bar. It was a unique, fun, and at times hilarious experience! I had LOW expectations but they were definitely RAISED by the end!! Quite a few unexpected surprises. Definitely worth stopping in.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but learned it on a tour and thought it was neat. They were talking about the care of detail Disney put into the park, and there's a great example outside of POTC. If you are near the river, facing the entrance of POTC, look down the alley on the right, where Club 33 is. Since they were going for an old New Orleans port theme, they added tall masts in the background (to give the illusion of ships in the background). They are up above the buildings, very visible, yet I never noticed them before. Thought it was pretty cool.

Here is a picture of them from the Mark Twain.
IMG_1150.jpg

I've never noticed them, either! I will definitely be looking for them this time:)

On my last visit I went to Trader Sams with my mom. We shared drinks and an appetizer at the bar. It was a unique, fun, and at times hilarious experience! I had LOW expectations but they were definitely RAISED by the end!! Quite a few unexpected surprises. Definitely worth stopping in.

Sounds fun! If I wasn't going to have a five year old and a (not-ready-to-babysit) 14 year old with us, we'd definitely stop in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter