Best set up?

Luckylady0610

Earning My Ears
Thanks for the responses to my pool refurb question. Have another question for the folks who are in the know and have been to Aulani...

We plan on going the week of Thanksgiving this year (Nov 23-30). We are DVC members, but our home is not Aulani, so we can book starting at 7 months out (in a couple of weeks). We have 1,000 points we need to use, and can have up to 1,500 points to book with if we borrow points from next year's pot. We will have a total of 4 adults and 2 kids going - 2 parents, kids ages 9 and 13, and 2 grandparents. I am trying to figure out the best room set up for us. I know that Deluxe and 1 bedrooms book up the fastest.

I was considering the 3 bedroom villa for the week - but not sure if the point cost is worth it? Are the views for these rooms (and villas in general) better than the rest? Would it be better to get 2 smaller rooms (say a Deluxe or 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom)? What would be the advantage of the 3 bedroom vs 2 smaller rooms?
- We do not need to be tied to the hip with the grandparents for the week, just as long as the rooms are near each other.
- Balconies are important and would be used a lot, so a great view would be an added bonus (looking to book Ocean view rooms).
- We would cook a lot (for various reasons), so a kitchen is important to have in at least one of the rooms.

Just trying to figure out the best use of points and the best room configuration for us. Would love to know your experiences! Thank you!

Thanks for the responses to my pool refurb question. Have another question for the folks who are in the know and have been to Aulani...

We plan on going the week of Thanksgiving this year (Nov 23-30). We are DVC members, but our home is not Aulani, so we can book starting at 7 months out (in a couple of weeks). We have 1,000 points we need to use, and can have up to 1,500 points to book with if we borrow points from next year's pot. We will have a total of 4 adults and 2 kids going - 2 parents, kids ages 9 and 13, and 2 grandparents. I am trying to figure out the best room set up for us. I know that Deluxe and 1 bedrooms book up the fastest.

I was considering the 3 bedroom villa for the week - but not sure if the point cost is worth it? Are the views for these rooms (and villas in general) better than the rest? Would it be better to get 2 smaller rooms (say a Deluxe or 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom)? What would be the advantage of the 3 bedroom vs 2 smaller rooms?
- We do not need to be tied to the hip with the grandparents for the week, just as long as the rooms are near each other.
- Balconies are important and would be used a lot, so a great view would be an added bonus (looking to book Ocean view rooms).
- We would cook a lot (for various reasons), so a kitchen is important to have in at least one of the rooms.

Just trying to figure out the best use of points and the best room configuration for us. Would love to know your experiences! Thank you!
You might want to consider a 2 br lock off. It’s a combo of the deluxe and 1 br. Deluxe side has a king bed. The 1 br has a king bed and a pull out sofa and a sleeper chair. Grandparents could have their own entrance, yet connected. Living room is plenty big.

We stayed in the top floor 3 bedroom in the Waianae tower. This is not actually the highest floor as the buliding stair steps down towards the ocean. The views and size of the balcony was impressive.

IMG_2646.png

The balcony is the entire width of the building, as is the villa.

We have taken a couple of different trips to Aulani with different sizes travel groups and have stayed in the Grand Villa, a 2BR, and a 1BR. If you have points you need to use and can't bank, then go for it an get the the grand villa. It will give you a bedroom for each set of adults and a separate room for the kids and keep the living area free from kids sleeping. You will also have a nice big dining table where you can all eat together. The view looking out from the balcony is spectacular and it is huge so you could all be out there. The master bath is fancier than in the other villas with a TV in the mirror and a fancy Japanese toilet. We stayed in the GV with 6 adults and 3 kids.

We have also stayed in a 2BR with our family of four and my parents. There was plenty of space for everyone and the 2BR gives you the extra bathroom space. The only time we felt crowded was when we all were eating in the villa.

The one bedroom is my least favorite because it only has one bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!