best shops at TDR?

keara507

Earning My Ears
are there any stores that seem to have the best merchandise?

i know that it's been said that finding a "Tokyo Disneyland" shirt is impossible. I'd be mostly interested in cute little Tokyo-specific souvenirs or housewares otherwise.

There are so many unique Tokyo Disney souvenirs, you won't have any problems finding them in any store! From the different plush characters they have, the extensive range of stationery and phone and bag charms, the Nanoblocks, all the food gifts...your mind will boggle with choice! :) if you're going soon, there is also the Happiness range (for the 30 year anniversary), and merchandise for new year, both thr Japanese and Chinese version (Mickey's dressed in horse costumes and lots of Bullseye stuff for the year of the horse).

If you're looking for homewares, there is a Home store near the entrance of both TDS and TDL. I found the one at TDL particularly good. A tip for any shopping, if you can spare the time, go before the afternoon. They get very busy at that point! Going early will give you time and space to really look around.

One store I really loved, and is pretty obscure, is the Disney Gallery in TDL. It has a small entrance of just a set of stairs. Up there you'll find a small exhibition of artwork along with some really special figurines and books, etc.

Oh, and if you want something with Tokyo on it, there is also the crystal store near Cinderella's castle. They have lots of figurines on stands saying Tokyo Disney Resort.

Have fun shopping! :)

Another recommendation for the crystal shop in the castle-- they have some amazing and (relatively speaking) not too expensive merchandise that is TDR-themed. There is also another crystal shop in the Adventureland area called Cristal Arts that has a lot of the same merchandise and might not be as crowded.

A tip I found for getting a TDR T-shirt is to go to the hotel gift-shops; I found both a Tokyo Disneyland Hotel shirt and a MiraCosta shirt at the respective shops.

If you're into automobiles, there is a Disney themed automobile accessory store at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay (at least it was there in 2010).

I went in just about every store in the parks and finally found a Tokyo Disney shirt! It's a black and gray baseball-style shirt with mickey or minnie on it and it says "Tokyo Disney Resort" underneath. It's in "Town Center Fashions" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter