Best solo breakfast location?

FlameBoyUK

Earning My Ears
Apologies in advance, I wasn't sure whether this belonged on the Dining board or the solos, but somehow I felt it fitted in better here!

I'm off to the world alone in ten days time, and have a pass which entitles me to a resort or character breakfast free of charge (I'm staying at the Hilton in DTD, btw). Now, travelling alone I feel that I won't particularly enjoy a character breakfast so my question is - which resort to choose? Which offers the best solo dining as well as a really good eating experience? Am I best off choosing a park breakfast to keep close to the action?

Those on offer are:

All-Star Food Courts
AKL: Boma or Mara
Beach Club: Cape May Cafe
Boardwalk: Spoodles
Caribbean Beach: Old Port Royale
Contemporary: Concourse, Chef Mickey's
Fort Wilderness: Trail's End Buffeteria
Grand Floridian: 1900 Park Fare, Gasparilla Grill, Grand Floridian Cafe
Old Key West: Olivia's Cafe
Polynesian: Captain Cook's, Ohana, Kona Cafe
Port Orleans: Boatwrights, Riverside Mill
Wilderness Lodge: Roaring Forks, Whispering Canyon
Yacht Club: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Disney-MGM Studios: ABC Commissary, Hollywood & Vine
Animal Kingdom: Pizzafari, Restarauntosaurus, Tusker House

Your help is much appreciated! ;)

Lee

I know how you feel. I'm not a fan of character meals at all.
You might want to give Kona Cafe a try. Being at the Polynesian, it's literally only a few feet away from the monorail station. The food there is excellent - if you have a sweet tooth, go for the Tonga Toast, or try a fruit plate. Also, the coffee there (served in a press pot) may be the best available in all of WDW. It's that good!

I hear good things about Boma's breakfast buffet also. Might have to check that out next week!

I've only eaten at a few of those solo for breakfast. AS Food Courts and Riverside Mill were fine. Boma's was one of my favorites. Boatrights was my absolute least favorite. Server was downright rude, food was cold, only Disney resturaunt I'll never return to.

I <i>love</i> character meals. I've never eaten breakfast solo at any of the restaurants you have listed, sorry.

If you have a car, I'd recommend Boma at AKL. It is a buffet so you won't be uncomfortable waiting to be served. The food is wonderful with many unique items and an excellent juice called frunch. Breakfast is quite expensive (around $15 plus tax and tip - more if you get their delicious press pot African coffee).

The lodge is beautiful. You must see it if you haven't all ready. It is a great place to hang out and spend some quiet time away from the parks. I dine solo for dinner often.

Having stayed at All Stars at least a week each year since they have been open eating a breakast at the food courts is for speed only. You need to get there when they first open because by 8am it can get crowded and the noise level makes your eyes vibrate. In 20 minutes from walking in the door you can order eat and be standing at the bus stop .

When at MGM early in the morning I ride RnR and ToT a few times then go to Starring Rolls. Milk Coffee and 2 big pecan rolls w/butter (hey I'm on vacation) set me until the afternoon where I can be found at Tune-In having a cocktail or few.

Never done a character meal and since most of my trips are solo now have no plans on starting soon.

RussH

I'd pick Kona at POLY. I believe your hotel bus will let you off at TTC. You can either walk (or take monorail) to POLY. After breakfast take boat or monorail to MK>

Thanks for all the replies - I think it's a tie between Boma and Kona Cafe. Perhaps I'll do both and pay for the second out of my hard-earned, hard-saved spending money. :p

I went to Restarauntosaurus for the character breakfast buffet on my solo trip and really enjoyed it! I'm a kid at heart though. :)

My vote is for Boma and Kona Cafe! I had the very best meals there!! Plus Kona Cafe I was treated like a queen. It had the best service. Boma is delightful and an adventure in eating. I think you can't go wrong with either.

Well, in the end I went to Boma and it was truly delightful. The sheer variety of breakfast offerings was quite astounding. My server was pleasant and I didn't feel out of place at all even though I was seated next to a honeymooning couple who were brought the Zebra Dome dessert to follow their huge buffet!

Another memorable breakfast (in reality, brunch) at Pecos Bill's - don't ask! :p

MY choice for the best breakfast location would be The Grand Floridian Cafe. The food and service is excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter