Best solo dining?

Lisha7

Earning My Ears
I am especially debating between California Grill and Concourse Steak house, but I also would like to know what you guys who have traveled the world solo think is the best solo dining and why. Thanks for your input!

Lisha

Concourse Steakhouse, because I'm planning to go there solo. I've read the Porterhouse for lunch is a meal and a half. I'm looking forward to going anywhere and everywhere. What! Is it a "handicap" to be without a dining companion? I don't think so. But I may steer clear of some of the character meals (just a personal thing, nothing against families who like it).

The Biergarten and Teppanyaki sound like fun. Basically I'm headin' towards the best eatin' I can find, pardner. I'm going next month and hope to try the crab cakes appetizer at the Flying Fish and maybe the Boma buffet for the prime rib, or the House of Blues for the "shrimp po boys." I'm not forgetting the Smoked Turkey Legs, the Dole Whips, and the Kaki Gori. And on and on... :)

My absolute favorite solo resturaunt is CRT for lunch. Reason? They treated me so special.

I've never eaten at the California Grille (sad, huh?). I've never experienced the Concourse steak house solo but they sure have good food.

Perhaps you should eat at both places so you could give us a solo review of both? ;)

I have not had any problems eating solo anywhere. Of course if someone doesn't like it it is thier problem not mine. I enjoy doing caracter meals solo. I have not eaten at the California grill. I would try any resteraunt that interest you. If you want to try or enjoy a certain type of food I would go to resteraunt that serves that kind and enjoy. Have a great and magical trip.

My all time favorite place to dine solo is 50's Prime Time. I had so much fun. My server was great about getting our entire area involved with each other. As a solo diner, that was fantastic.

One of my greatest pleasures of all my trips to WDW (solo or not) is starting up conversations with the strangers around me. (Am I weird?). So having a dining experience that helped me interact with others around me was right up my alley.

I also thoroughly enjoy the character meals as a solo. I love having the chance to get my picture taken with the character without accosting "people on the street" to take my picture.

For solo meals, I like restaurants where there is something to watch or a nice view. 'Ohana, Coral Reef, SciFi DriveIn, Concourse Steakhouse, and room service ;) are among my favorites. I have found the CM's to be great when I'm solo--very friendly.

amymouse, there is usally a CM with the caracters and they will take your pic with the caracters.

Sorry Dave, I guess I didn't word my post very well. That is exactly why I like the character meals as a solo, because there is always a CM willing to take a picture for me. I don't have to rely on the "kindness of strangers." Sorry for the mix-up.

I can't find the post where we discussed eating alone, which I do all the time since I travel so much.

Last week I must say that I had poor service at Alfredo's, Akershus, and Whispering Canyon. In each case the restaurant was half to almost empty, lots of servers around. I waited and waited while tables around me had service - at Alfredos the manager actually came over b/cause I had been sitting so long without a server ever coming over or offering me even a glass of water.

I must admit that it is not usually so bad (and I had lunch this week at Akershus with their usual excellent service)

However some servers cant seem to distinguish between discreet service and ignoring a guest. I like to read during my solo meals, but I still want service in a timely fashion.

My best/most consistent solo experience is the lounge in the Japanese pavilion - but the servers there are usually not young students, and seem to be permanent rather than on a temporary assignment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter