Best Spa Treatment???

wenpop

DIS Veteran
I'm a busy mom with Four kids and all in sports!! I run around from place to place and never time for myself... I would love to go to the Spa and relax but no chance here.. So on our Cruise in April, I want to do a couple of Spa Treatments... any suggestions... I know me and my dh will do the Suriel just to have some alone time.. I was thinking about the Absolute Face and Body, but I would like to do 2 more if there is something that would feel like Heaven!! Any suggestions would be great!! It's my vacation!!!!

I loved the absolute face and body treatment! I just wanted to let you know that is a great one that you wouldn't want to pass up!

I just did the Absolute Face & Body and LOVED it! I too have 4 kids and no chance of ever going to the spa here at home. It was heaven there! I also got my hair cut -- sitting there looking at the ocean while someone cut away was wonderful!

We did the Surial bath too - it was "funny".

I strongly recommend both the Absolute Face & Body and the Seaweed Wrap/Massage. Both of those treatments put me right to sleep! There is no downside to the AF&B, and the only downside to the seaweed wrap is being unwrapped from your warm cocoon and having to jump in the shower. But I love that treatment...it feels so nice & detoxifying. For the Wonder, I also recommend ladies night. I have a full report on www.castawayclub.com
Barb

I did find a downside to the Absolut Face and Body--- I have a very very bad back. After the facial stuff is applied, they leave you laying flat on your back for an extended period of time while the mask sets. I asked for a pillow or prop for under my knees, and they just rolled a single towel. I ended up with major back problems following this from laying so flat for so long. I did ask for additional pillow/prop and she didn't have one. :-(

If I had it to do again, I think I would do the Wellness Massage. I really wanted more massage than a facial, and there is a lot of facial/down time in the Absolut. I would prefer to have a full hour of massage. But that's just me!!!

It was relaxing and loved my days at the spa.

Personally, I love the Alpha Capsule...your head is out and I do
not feel claustrophobic and the Foot and Ankle massage. On our last cruise, I had a massage and I absolutely loved it. However, I was sooooooo relaxed...I couldn't function!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I think anything you do for yourself(which I never do unless I'm on the cruise) is great. I don't have four kids...only one....and a dh and a dog and frog....I have a very stressful and demanding working job and whatever I can do on a cruise....I go for it!!!

Enjoy....

Phyllis

Phyllis, if you DH is like mine, he counts as at least 2 kids! LOL

Here here on the capsule treatment!!! That was AWESOME!!! I did it on a sea day, so there was also lots of rocking from the ship. I was soooooooo sad when the treatment was over, and would do it again in a milisecond!

Is the seaweed wrap really tight? Does it make you feel clausterphobic? I've had a body wrap locally and thought I would not make it through. I thought I was going to die! It was so tight!

What exactly is the alpha capsule?

Can you book a couples massage on board? If so, do you actually lay next to each other during it?

Ladies Night is not as hard to get as it used to be, as they have added more spots. I think is was around $110.
The seaweed wrap can be claustrophobic, but one of the people who did my treatment once told me that she has a special way that she wraps it for claustrophobic people. Just be sure to ask if you are interested in that and they should be able to accommodate you.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I loved the tub soak - oaky, I forgot the name of it but it was wonderful! And the capsule! I loved that! And the Rainforest!
Will be doing it all over again shortly - might even try the wrap and massage now that I hear so many great things about it!

And the music at the spa is wonderful. I now own the CD and it's not only a memory but magic!
Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter